What's new

Exum will sign qualifying offer and subsequently leave

Et tu Brute

In part because of the leash that Quin has given a #13 draft pick versus their #5 pick.

Watching DM throw up a thousand shots a game and get stuffed repeatedly at the rim and jack up 3s is great for the kid. It is teaching him to be aggressive, but not much else. It certainly is teaching him to be inefficient.....

The second reason is the FO inability to run with Exum as their guy. The signing of Hill and now friggin Rubio.

Exum has been a PINO (PG in name only). He was not allowed to run the offense nor have plays drawn up for him to initiate.

This season has sent a message to Exum. We didn't and don't believe in you like we do Mitchell (or even Rubio).

Exum will sign the QO.

Exum can't even stay on the floor and has only shown small flashes of who he was supposed to be when we drafted him. This post is laughable at best. So what if he does leave? The guy can go get his rehab for whatever new injury he has for his new team.

Reactions: MVP
I hope this isn't the case. We need to lock him up long term. We can't find or afford a free agent that offers what he can potentially offer at his age.

He needs to show faith in us and we need to show faith in him.

In the summer, we need to tell him he is the starter (or at least that is our plan) and look to trade Rubio's expiring contract.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Exum can't even stay on the floor and has only shown small flashes of who he was supposed to be when we drafted him. This post is laughable at best. So what if he does leave? The guy can go get his rehab for whatever new injury he has for his new team.

He had a guy jump on his shoulder. Not a basketball play or regular injury.
Bad luck

If he signs the QO he will only leave if the Jazz let him. Doesn't matter what he believes.

Exum should have played a couple of years of college ball, I still think him and DM playing together in the back court for the jazz in years to come will be a fearsome combination. I expected Dante to average in the 10-12ppg range this season, who knows where is goes from here after this set back.

Also you've got to look at the relative positions of the team, he showed a few things last year coming back from a serious injury but he was also playing on a 50 win team which limited his opportunities. DM is getting an opportunity this year on a team that will be lucky to break 30 wins.

He won't take the QO... it is low... like 4.5M because he doesn't qualify for the higher 7.5M offer. I think he'll get a 2/20 or 3/30 with the last year of either deal being a mutual option... both a player and team option. He would be walking away from significant money by taking the QO and if he gets hurt again he may not even get the minimum. He isn't in a position to take on risk.

The whole tone of this thread is garbage... I bet Exum is happy DM is getting a chance and understands that we don't have Hayward, Hill, or even Joe Johnson right now so shot creation is tough to find. My guess is those two actually like each other and would like to play together.

ummmm....Snyder has said many times that he wants exum to be agressive and attack. Exum is timid in nature and doesn't attack. Has nothing to do with snyder. Also last year we had Hill.3 who was exponentially better than exum. Right now we have ****ing nobody.

That's my expectation too. At least the QO part.

For most of his tenure on the Jazz I don't think Exum had the skill to do much offensively. This seemed to have changed a bit this year and that's why his injury sucks so much. For the first time in a while I had mu hopes up for Exum to actually perform well on offense. Oh well... hopefully he comes back at the end of the year and we see that progress in regular season games before we have to decide on what kind of contract to offer him...

Plain and simple - we have to keep Exum and Hood because we dont have the money or prospects to replace them. Hopefully, we can get them to something like $25-28 combined per year. Hood at $15ish and Exum at $11ish.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm not sure why people think run deserves 2 years $20 and more. It's crazy. What has he done?

Jabari played well in the minutes he got and then the injuries. Exum has played poorly in most of his minutes and has been out more games than jabari.

Potential is the only thing you pay exum for. That's it. He's like an older, now experienced draft pick. I think you may pay him around $7.5 million x 1 year OR you make the contract extremely dependent on minutes played and actual performance. If that's the case, then perhaps he gets a "10 million" contract with $7 guaranteed best case imho.

That's my expectation too. At least the QO part.

For most of his tenure on the Jazz I don't think Exum had the skill to do much offensively. This seemed to have changed a bit this year and that's why his injury sucks so much. For the first time in a while I had mu hopes up for Exum to actually perform well on offense. Oh well... hopefully he comes back at the end of the year and we see that progress in regular season games before we have to decide on what kind of contract to offer him...

^^^^This. I really hope he gets back for the latter portion of the season and is allowed to play without the short leash he's been given in the past. If he doesn't then who could blame him for leaving. The premise of this post would be spot on. I would love to see he and Mitchell running wild to see if it would indeed work before we have to make a decision on him.

Doesn't exist. The shoulder is a fluke. Come on...

So is his other injuries. They do exist, they did happen. Fluke or not, they keep happening to him. That's my point. The guy cannot stay healthy long enough to be on the court and an effective piece of the puzzle.

Is it unfortunate? Yes. Is it the current reality? Also yes.

In part because of the leash that Quin has given a #13 draft pick versus their #5 pick.

Watching DM throw up a thousand shots a game and get stuffed repeatedly at the rim and jack up 3s is great for the kid. It is teaching him to be aggressive, but not much else. It certainly is teaching him to be inefficient.....

The second reason is the FO inability to run with Exum as their guy. The signing of Hill and now friggin Rubio.

Exum has been a PINO (PG in name only). He was not allowed to run the offense nor have plays drawn up for him to initiate.

This season has sent a message to Exum. We didn't and don't believe in you like we do Mitchell (or even Rubio).

Exum will sign the QO.

JazzMan4Life dislikes this post.