What's new

Exum will sign qualifying offer and subsequently leave

This reminds me a bit of the poster named Dreamlander who used to post long ago on old Salt Lake tribune tribtalk. He was Turkish homer who would argue to death that Memo is better than Shaq or Hedo is better than Lebron. No common sense was going through, in his mind Memo and Hedo were the best NBA players and he sincerely believed it.

You know I can hear you right

In part because of the leash that Quin has given a #13 draft pick versus their #5 pick.

Watching DM throw up a thousand shots a game and get stuffed repeatedly at the rim and jack up 3s is great for the kid. It is teaching him to be aggressive, but not much else. It certainly is teaching him to be inefficient.....

The second reason is the FO inability to run with Exum as their guy. The signing of Hill and now friggin Rubio.

Exum has been a PINO (PG in name only). He was not allowed to run the offense nor have plays drawn up for him to initiate.

This season has sent a message to Exum. We didn't and don't believe in you like we do Mitchell (or even Rubio).

Exum will sign the QO.
And nobody will care.

... Watching DM throw up a thousand shots a game and get stuffed repeatedly at the rim and jack up 3s is great for the kid. It is teaching him to be aggressive, but not much else. It certainly is teaching him to be inefficient...

DM's PER is now just under 15. A rookie rolling a 15ish PER has superstar potential. Exum's seasonal PER numbers don't even add up to 15 total.

Reactions: MVP
I love what the Jazz are doing with DM. I wish they would have done a bit more of it with Exum, but the times were a bit different once he came back from the first injury. As players always say: It is what it is.

I love what the Jazz are doing with DM. I wish they would have done a bit more of it with Exum, but the times were a bit different once he came back from the first injury. As players always say: It is what it is.
DM is DM. Exum will never do or be what DM already is and that's fine.

Reactions: MVP
After watching the growth of numerous players under Snyder I am more than willing to trust him when it comes to player development.

Booker, Favors, Burks, Hayward, Carroll, Ingles, Gobert...the guy clearly knows what he is doing. No one bats 100% (see Kanter and Burke) but come on. He is light years ahead of anyone here on how to develop a player. I still have lots of hope for Exum but I am not worried about Snyder's methods.