What's new

Exum's Career-high 12 assists (vid)

He really has the ability to break down a defense with his quickness and court vision.

That drive and reverse layup was scary.

We're going to see a lot more of his driving ability next season.

His ability is clearly there. He just needs the confidence. I hope he takes that step next year.

He had some nice other passes too that didn't end up in assists. It was a breath of fresh air seeing him get close to the rim and passing.

Absolutely love that Joe said "about ****ing time" after the reverse layup.

It was most definitely a breathe of fresh air to see him be a PG for once. Running the offense through him, facilitating, getting in the lane AT EASE, and finishing at the rim. I've been waiting for a sign all year and it finally came. You could see the skill was there all year, but he never even tried to utilize it. I'm just hoping this puts a little confidence in him and he keeps being assertive these last few games. I know it was just one game, but as I said, he's shown it before he's just never done it more than once or twice in a game. Against Denver he was in complete control the entire game besides a few rookie 19 year old mistakes(which is 100% fine).

Edit: I think next year that little floater he has put up at times will be a much more confidant shot for him.

Wow...I know Denver is a team that's kind of given up...but wow. Dante looked really good. That reverse layup give me goosebumps. I'm really hoping he gets some strength and confidence and can kill it in quins system next year.

Would you look at that, driving to the basket opens things up for himself and others! Who would have thought!

And people are nervous about Alec coming back. lol

Would you look at that, driving to the basket opens things up for himself and others! Who would have thought!

And people are nervous about Alec coming back. lol
Still waiting for Alec to cure his tunnel vision when driving. I saw signs this year, but I'll need more than just signs to be convinced. That said I don't think him coming back hurts this team in the least.

Still waiting for Alec to cure his tunnel vision when driving. I saw signs this year, but I'll need more than just signs to be convinced. That said I don't think him coming back hurts this team in the least.
Fwiw, Burks averaged 3.3 assists per game per 36 minutes this year.

Exum averages 3.9 per 36.

Burks had the ball in his hands far more often than Exum does.
Burks is also a shooting guard who is asked to score.
Exum is a point guard who only passes and never shoots