What's new

Exum's Career-high 12 assists (vid)

Burks is also a shooting guard who is asked to score.
Exum is a point guard who only passes and never shoots
Exum plays off the ball more than with it in his hands. Hayward, Ingles, Hood, and Trey all are asked to play more as a PG on offense than Exum has been. Also add Burks (when healthy) to the list of guys being asked to handle the ball more often while on the floor than Exum has so far. I think after that last game it should and will change a bit. But up till this point in the season Exum was an afterthought as a ball handler on offense.
So no I don't think Exum has been playing as a PG on offense even if he has technically been playing that spot.

Burks is definitely not a PG. He's an undersized SG. I guess the same could be said for Burke though.

Burks is NOT undersized for SG and in fact is big enough to play some minutes at SF if needed. And I believe he has in the past.

When he learns to really use his speed, look out!! His potential is still so high. I'm so excited for his future here in Utah!! I really think he takes a big step forward next year

Burks is definitely not a PG. He's an undersized SG. I guess the same could be said for Burke though.

Are u talking about weight or length, because 6-6 is plenty tall for a sg. The Internet lists him at 195lb's. He could probably do great at 205-210lb's. Burks isn't undersized at all lol.

Are u talking about weight or length, because 6-6 is plenty tall for a sg. The Internet lists him at 195lb's. He could probably do great at 205-210lb's. Burks isn't undersized at all lol.
The internet is wrong anyway about his weight.
He was close to 210 at the beginning of this year.

He is just the right size for a sg

Don't underestimate some posters ability to mix up Burke and Burks. Burks is just a tad small for a SG, but only just, and his wingspan makes up for it. Burke is kinda small, even for a point guard, but if he can come off the bench, then he will have a decent career. And yes, they are both a little score friendly for there respective positions, but you do have to score points to win the game, so as long as someone is controlling the offence, then that can be kept in check.

James Harden, the best SG in the league is smaller than Burks.

Harden is 6'4" w/o shoes with a 6'10.75" wingspan.

Burks is 6'5" w/o shoes with a 6'10" wingspan.

They both have a standing reach of 8'7.5"

This should be enough. If Burks is taller, has a slightly smaller wingspan, and the same standing reach as the best SG in the league, and is a freak athlete, then I don't think we should be questioning his physical presence.

Size/length/athleticism (physical attributes) have never really been a problem for Burks.
I guess your could say strength is a problem but I don't even think that is true.

Burks problem has always been outside shooting (which has steadily improved), shot selection (quin will fix that) and defensive bbiq/defensive effort (hopefully quin can fix that........ I'm a little worried about Burks in that area. Gobert should help a little but Burks needs to man up fighting through screens and with strong guards, and he needs to have much better focus on rotations and not losing his man off the ball)

The fact that Alex has stayed so invested during his injury speaks well for his continued development.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Burks is NOT undersized for SG and in fact is big enough to play some minutes at SF if needed. And I believe he has in the past.

I always thought he was 6'4 or 6'5. Not sure why he seems so short to me. Maybe cause I first saw him as a combo guard.

Depth is what the Jazz need and are lacking. Exum does need more confidence, and I think it would help if the Jazz fanz supported him more. Both on and off of this site. He's 19 years old for crying out loud. A lot of you (not all) are so focused on posting negative posts about him, as if he is supposed to know better at 19 years old and in the NBA The more mistakes he makes and gets them out of the way right now, the more he can move on, focusing on developing other parts of his game. If you were 19 years old (which I am sure a lot of you are or were not long ago) and playing in the NBA, wouldn't it mean a lot to you knowing that the city you play for has your back? Wouldn't that make you play with more confidence?
We're so quick to try and rate who is better than who, and who needs to be traded. The biggest problem with the team is that we have no depth. Just because we have multiple talent at the same position doesn't always mean that a trade is the best thing. (with how the Jazz trade we probably wont get anything in return anyway) We have an opportunity to coach that player and have him buy into the system. Take a lesser role with the team, coming off the bench and contribute.

"The Utah Jazz are 21-14 in the 35 games Dante Exum has been in the starting lineup. And they are +5 per 100 possessions" - from twitter.

Cool. Good sign.