What's new

Exum's Highlights from last night #6

ONE LOVE

#Baby_Talk
Contributor
Another promising game.. he's really stepping up his effort and it helps to have Hayward there as another solid ball handler to take pressure off of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z0CJpw80dU

I lol'd at that Gobert dunk. It was awesome. Based on the video (and not to entire game which I didn't see) Exum appears more aggressive and much more comfortable. How was his defense?

I lol'd at that Gobert dunk. It was awesome. Based on the video (and not to entire game which I didn't see) Exum appears more aggressive and much more comfortable. How was his defense?

Yeah that dunk was awesome - The Future's Dunk is what I called it when I was watching it. Two of our potential superstar hooking up!!!

It was clear from Snyder's interview that he wanted Exum to pass on the movie (i.e., while driving) rather than on a stationary because the passes are more direct. I think we'll see Exum driving a lot more over the coming games.

His defense was alright I guess, he didn't get beach much but Jack did sink a couple of jumpers over him which were like nothing he could do so he just kinda threw his hands up in the air like he just don't care.

LOL .. another thing Quin said after the match was how both Ingles & Exum are really hesitant to shoot the 3's by nature and that "it must be something do to with them being from Down under".

Yeah - we are unselfish people down here (NZ & AUS)!!!

I am loving this kid. He looks very comfortable out there now. Him starting and playing well at the midway point was beyond and best-case scenario I would have imagined.

Hard not to be excited about the future at this point.

Legit question. Are Exum's hands small? I would guess the opposite based on his body structure (long arms and legs) but dammit when he gets by someone, if he's so damned athletic, why can't he attack the rim? it's not like we're talking about a guy who's 6'1" or something. He starts to and then it's like he has **** in his pants and can't get more than six inches off the ground and does this weird lay-up, tear-drop combo where the fall sort of awkwardly flies out of his hand with little to no aim, for lack of a better word. It is so awkward it looks as if he's never played basketball before.

Lol, his hands measured 8.5." Pretty average for his height. So not small. Not a real vertically explosive guy. He's definitely way more Manu than he is Westbrook.

Legit question. Are Exum's hands small? I would guess the opposite based on his body structure (long arms and legs) but dammit when he gets by someone, if he's so damned athletic, why can't he attack the rim? it's not like we're talking about a guy who's 6'1" or something. He starts to and then it's like he has **** in his pants and can't get more than six inches off the ground and does this weird lay-up, tear-drop combo where the fall sort of awkwardly flies out of his hand with little to no aim, for lack of a better word. It is so awkward it looks as if he's never played basketball before.

I think his legs are just dead. It's the most logical explanation. He has probably played more games in the past 6 months than he has in his entire life.

I think his legs are just dead. It's the most logical explanation. He has probably played more games in the past 6 months than he has in his entire life.

No way his legs are dead. He's quick as hell to or close to the lane and then he transforms into the fish flopping about at the end of the Faith No More Epic video. Just awkwardly flailing his body to the hoop. Just awful.

I think it is just a confidence thing. And other teams know it and are overplaying the passing lanes. He got a wide open layup down the middle because of it. Once he starts taking it to the hoops more, the passing lanes will open even more.

No way his legs are dead. He's quick as hell to or close to the lane and then he transforms into the fish flopping about at the end of the Faith No More Epic video. Just awkwardly flailing his body to the hoop. Just awful.

A summer at P3 will help, his core strength is very weak.

That, combined with indecision... look at the finish of the layup yesterday... he was looking to pass until the very end. He didn't expect he would have an open shot right at the rim and in the very last moment he scooped it in while barely getting up from the floor...

When he realizes he can go to the rim faster than the defenders can react and counter it, he'd be scary...

Exum hasn't filled out yet so his body proportions look off - he'll put on another 10-15 pounds naturally and then add another 10 pounds or so through strength training within the next 2 or 3 years - then look out!

Exum hasn't filled out yet so his body proportions look off - he'll put on another 10-15 pounds naturally and then add another 10 pounds or so through strength training within the next 2 or 3 years - then look out!

Yep, the kid is a kid. He'll gain strength while keeping up his quickness and probably get a bit more explosion when he jumps. He has all the potential in the world, and is already showing he can shoot, which was one of my biggest worries from the beginning.

Lol, his hands measured 8.5." Pretty average for his height. So not small. Not a real vertically explosive guy. He's definitely way more Manu than he is Westbrook.

I measured my hand to see how I compare. I measure at 8" and I'm 6'4.