What's new

Exum's value to the Jazz (and perhaps around the league) has increased this season (without playing)

Exum's value has increased despite being injured?

• Yes

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Exum never had and never will have any significant value

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • I'm sick of Dante homers (Naos, Numberica et al)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I bet Exum passes on a 4-year deal in the $9-$10M range and takes the qualifying offer. He's a confident kid, I think he'll bet on himself despite the checkered injury history. Though, it is hard to turn down the guaranteed financial security for life.

I'd love to see him back for a 15-20 game stretch at the end of the season, with enough time to shake the rust and show a glimpse of how he had improved pre-injury, how he plays with Donovan in a non-Summer League setting, etc. Obviously, a fair-market deal for both sides would be ideal, but very difficult to figure at this point.

Somebody with his injury history would be a moron to sign the QO if a fair multi year offer was on the table. Likely he just does a 3 plus player option.
I mean, he has two injuries that are completely separate and not related. He isn't Jabari Parker.

There are enough bad teams with cap space and desperate for talent. Someone will offer him a decent deal and the jazz will match.

I would prefer jazz to get out in front and offer a solid deal but they seem to rarely do that.

My guess is he gets offered 4 year 50 million. Jazz should match that.

There is a chance it goes the way Mirotic's negotiation did. Teams know he will get matched and don't bother to offer anything. Then negotiations might stall for awhile.

Reasons to vote YES...
  1. Hood demonstrating he is a high volume streaky wing (no real progression to his game)
  2. Rubio sucking (at least within this system)
  3. Neto injury
  4. The tiny (but positive) sample size of DMX in summer league and preseason
  5. Jazz being buried below .500
  6. Jazz being basically .500 even with Gobert
  7. Likely parting of ways with multiple rotational players
  8. Lyles (not sure if his progress can in any way indicate possible success for another DL draft choice)
  9. Poor perimeter defense
  10. The need to find a 3rd wheel for Mitchell and Gobert
I say YES. I think he is now worth an 8 figure investment per year.

Thoughts?

There's no way that Dante is worth anywhere close to $10 million/year right now. That's my thought.

Reactions: MVP
I also misread the question. I thought you meant has his value increased from the time he got injured to now. I would say YES only because wings and slashers are being valued higher in the league. Exum will be more expensive, not less based on that one reason. I am also intrigued by Mitchell and Exum on the court at the same time. Especially if Exum learns to shoot. But then again... that shoulder!

i have the feeling the Jazz will look after him above what he's probably worth at the moment and he'll sign a 3/40 type number