What's new

Favorite Cut of Meat

So good.
Turned out perfect.

Did 7 minutes on each side and took the temperature and it was right at 145. Pulled em off and dug in

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

And...... They're gone.
Took 4 minutes to eat it all lol

Had some asparagus with the steaks
Beer for me and vizzy for the wife.

So good.
Turned out perfect.

Did 7 minutes on each side and took the temperature and it was right at 145. Pulled em off and dug in

Overcooked! So sad! Glad you liked it though, enjoy!

Good answers

What do you use to season your steaks with?

Usually I’ll go with olive oil, Montreal steak seasoning, and some kosher salt

OR

Kosher salt and maybe some black pepper. Picanha is good enough with just kosher salt.

Good answers

OR

Kosher salt and maybe some black pepper. Picanha is good enough with just kosher salt.

Depends mostly just salt and pepper served with garlic butter but sometimes i add fresh garlic. Other times I might marinate overnight in chimichurri or a coffee rub. Really just depends on what I'm doing, the butcher down the road does lamb and chicken pre-marinated Greek style which is awesome but you have to cook it either that day or the next or it will turn cause of the acidity of the marinate. Really just depends on what I'm serving with and how I'm cooking too.

On the BBQ I generally do the Greek stuff from the butcher, I might serve with a garden salad and BBQ'd eggplant or i'll do seafood which will generally have a lemon chilli marinate, drowned muscles with garlic and fresh chilli on the stove served with prawns or crabs done on the barbie. I do a lot of brisket, lamb shoulder and pork belly in the oven as a roast, all bar the pork belly will have some kind of rub depending on what veggies I'm serving with. Steaks I'll either do on the BBQ or pan fry in lard, if I'm pan frying its normally just for me so its simple with just some salt and pepper. If I'm using the BBQ I might use a marinate and its usually the larger cuts like rib eye or T-bone.

I almost always use a marinate if I'm cooking game like kangaroo (red wine, garlic and rosemary) or venison.

Good answers

OR

I just do about the same as you

Salt and pepper. Dry brine for an hour before it hits the grill (or goes in the sous vide). Sometimes garlic powder. When I sear my sous vide steaks I use a cast iron skillet full of butter, a whole head of garlic, and whatever fresh herbs I have to baste the steak for a few minutes to get a nice crust and infuse those flavors, then they make a nice pan sauce after.

Not a fan of herbs or spices in anything like a rub or whatever as they can burn and add an off taste. Simple salt and pepper are normally best and hold up better to the high heat. For an extra kick I'll crack some fresh pepper on the steak right off the grill to add fresh pepper bite. Try it, it's good.

For topping I'm a sucker for a good chimichurri sauce. I've always got some on hand and there is hardly anything better for a great cut of beef, or chicken, or pork, than a good chimichurri. Love that stuff.

I just made some NY steak using kosher salt and Montreal steak seasoning. Seared on the cast iron and finished in the oven. Baked potato, green beans, and black beans. Delicious! Gonna do some tri tip soon

A ribeye.

Take it out of the fridge. Rub generously with salt and pepper and let it come to room temperature for 45-60 minutes.

Heat cast iron to as hot as it can get (my one grill is 535)…throw the ribeye (if about 1.5-1.75 inches) on for about 2:50, flip it and let it cook the other side. Throw about half a stick of butter in and let it cook on that side for 2:50 too, spooning the melting butter on top…

Take it off…spoon more butter on it…let it sit for a while. This is the key. Do not eat it right away. You have to let the juices meld on the inside…after 10 minutes you can eat it. You can also let it sit longer for 30-60 minutes, wrap it in aluminum foil, and heat it in the oven for a tiny bit to warm it…it’ll still be medium rare or rare. I’ve seen some of the head chefs at top steakhouses in the country say this part. You have to let it sit for a little while.