What's new

Favors Back Next Season?

He took a terrible 3 with 20 seconds to go and bricked it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
So he missed 1 bad shot and they blew the entire game?

Nah... go get Christian Wood.. gives us a second big that can shoot and handle the ball... can play with Rudy or backup 5. He's likely playing his way out of our price range, but every year there are a few guys that go for less than you think they should. Him being less established could push his number down.

Nah... go get Christian Wood.. gives us a second big that can shoot and handle the ball... can play with Rudy or backup 5. He's likely playing his way out of our price range, but every year there are a few guys that go for less than you think they should. Him being less established could push his number down.
I would love life again if we got Wood, that’s what she said

Wasn’t wood fairly unknown before this year?
He had a good run in NO prior to end of last year... has put up huge G League numbers. There was a chance Detroit was going to cut him then Joe Johnson got hurt and they cut him instead... I mentioned him when there was a chance he would be cut.

Had good measurables and production at college but was young for a Sophomore, was rail thin, and had maturity issues... he matured and just didn't get a chance. The physical tools, athleticism, and now the production... if we could get him at MLE its a homerun. He's done all this without really being in a great development program... imagine what he could do in our program if focused and motivated.

He had a good run in NO prior to end of last year... has put up huge G League numbers. There was a chance Detroit was going to cut him then Joe Johnson got hurt and they cut him instead... I mentioned him when there was a chance he would be cut.

Had good measurables and production at college but was young for a Sophomore, was rail thin, and had maturity issues... he matured and just didn't get a chance. The physical tools, athleticism, and now the production... if we could get him at MLE its a homerun. He's done all this without really being in a great development program... imagine what he could do in our program if focused and motivated.
IMO He’s going to want much more than the MLE. Maybe we can trade Conley for peanuts then sign him. I really like him from the couple games I’ve seen from him.

IMO He’s going to want much more than the MLE. Maybe we can trade Conley for peanuts then sign him. I really like him from the couple games I’ve seen from him.
Probably true, but I've heard some experts on podcasts kinda low ball it based on what they heard from front office personnel. MLE is 4/43M... I could see a team going 4/60M. I could also see a young guy not viewing a 4/50ish deal as much better than a 4/43M if he has a player option in the final year and can get the mega-money if things work out.

I think NY might have interest in Mike if we wanted to salary dump and that would clear enough space to get something done. NY was rumored this morning to have interest in CP3, but it might cost an asset and the final year on the deal might take them out of FA in a year. The need a vet to help on the court and help repair their image.

Big problem is... our front office is not that aggressive and I don't see them taking a big financial risk on Wood... so someone else likely gets a bargain.

jesus dude. We’re not getting him. He’ll clearly get more than the mLE.

I don't know why TF y'all so gung-ho on an unproven guy who got waived last year and almost waive this year. We've been developing Bradley and now he's hitting threes and you guys are looking at trying to peel dudes off bottom-feeders. Bradley was being eyeballed by a HOF coach before we were able to sneak in and poach him. Went in first round and we're talking about a guy who went undrafted. Y'all are taking this armchair GM'ing to a foolish extreme. This is why guys like DL are collecting a paycheck and y'all are bitching on a fan forum from your couch. lol.

jesus dude. We’re not getting him. He’ll clearly get more than the mLE.
I should you are right... but I can’t quit Wood

I think he gets more than MLE... I think he’s worth it... I listened to Danny and Nate on the Dunc’d pod and they seemed to think he gets Thomas Bryant money... they talked with front office folks... they know more than us so I think there is a possibility that his value is around MLE.

Charlotte and Detroit should offer him more...it’s not a perfectly efficient market and weird things happen.

I don't know why TF y'all so gung-ho on an unproven guy who got waived last year and almost waive this year. We've been developing Bradley and now he's hitting threes and you guys are looking at trying to peel dudes off bottom-feeders. Bradley was being eyeballed by a HOF coach before we were able to sneak in and poach him. Went in first round and we're talking about a guy who went undrafted. Y'all are taking this armchair GM'ing to a foolish extreme. This is why guys like DL are collecting a paycheck and y'all are bitching on a fan forum from your couch. lol.
I think we also could have acquired him in the Favs deal and not messed up our cap mechanics on the Bojan deal since he's on a minimum deal. I get it though he put up 26 and 12 per 36, but it was only in an 8 game sample... and he's 6'11" with a huge wingspan so it's tough to project a guy like him could have been an nba rotation player.

I think we also could have acquired him in the Favs deal and not messed up our cap mechanics on the Bojan deal since he's on a minimum deal. I get it though he put up 26 and 12 per 36, but it was only in an 8 game sample... and he's 6'11" with a huge wingspan so it's tough to project a guy like him could have been an nba rotation player.
We'll roll with Bradley and he's going to be hitting threes. And for all that size advantage people want, we can move Niang down to the 2 or 3 and just dominate people with his size. We don't need Wood. He's the wrong type of size.

Not sure how much draft capital would need to be involved, but Detroit is far away from the playoffs in the East with or without Wood... so maybe he isn't the best use of their cap. We could use TB and Ed in a sign and trade for him and offer him about 4/54M. Detroit just came out of cap hell so having one year deals might be more appealing.

We'd have to add a host of seconds or a first... okay likely a first and it would be way out... like 2024. I'm going to keep my dream alive no matter what you dream killers say.

Not sure how much draft capital would need to be involved, but Detroit is far away from the playoffs in the East with or without Wood... so maybe he isn't the best use of their cap. We could use TB and Ed in a sign and trade for him and offer him about 4/54M. Detroit just came out of cap hell so having one year deals might be more appealing.

We'd have to add a host of seconds or a first... okay likely a first and it would be way out... like 2024. I'm going to keep my dream alive no matter what you dream killers say.
I'd be curious what Tucker's "value" is in a trade.

I'd be curious what Tucker's "value" is in a trade.
Zero... unless you really pull a fast one. Like "hey we will give TB, Ed, and some draft stuff plus anyone of our g league guys not named Tucker... Tucker is off limits so don't ask" then they get all up in their head like "what do they know about him... now I really want him... just do it as long as we can get Tucker".

Zero... unless you really pull a fast one. Like "hey we will give TB, Ed, and some draft stuff plus anyone of our g league guys not named Tucker... Tucker is off limits so don't ask" then they get all up in their head like "what do they know about him... now I really want him... just do it as long as we can get Tucker".
Probably works. I mean, how do you think we got Clarkson for Exum? Only difference is we weren’t bluffing.