What's new

Favors Back Next Season?

Probably works. I mean, how do you think we got Clarkson for Exum? Only difference is we weren’t bluffing.
I think you have to build it up through the back channels too... like tell a bunch of "insiders" how much you like what the guy is doing and get some whispers going in those circles.

This thread is stupid. Didn’t we determine faves and Gobert don’t work? And I know everyone is talking about him coming off the bench, but you know Quin will end up starting him and playing him next to Gobert. Idiots

This thread is stupid. Didn’t we determine faves and Gobert don’t work? And I know everyone is talking about him coming off the bench, but you know Quin will end up starting him and playing him next to Gobert. Idiots

We determined that Favors/Gobert didn't work as a starting front court. But they also worked fantastically as a Starting/Backup C combo. There really wasn't an issue there. If Favors wanted to come back under those auspices, I'm good with it and do it in a New York Minute. But he'll get more cash/minutes elsewhere and don't blame him honestly.

We determined that Favors/Gobert didn't work as a starting front court. But they also worked fantastically as a Starting/Backup C combo. There really wasn't an issue there. If Favors wanted to come back under those auspices, I'm good with it and do it in a New York Minute. But he'll get more cash/minutes elsewhere and don't blame him honestly.
Apparently you can’t read I see or you only read the first sentence. Good job ya idiot!!

They didn’t work because our point guard couldn’t shoot to save his life.

I think if Favors backup Gobert for 15 minutes a game and played next to him for about 9 minutes a game with three good shooters on the court, we’d be fine. So a Mitchell, Ingles, Bogey, Favors, Gobert lineup would work well imo.

I think if Favors backup Gobert for 15 minutes a game and played next to him for about 9 minutes a game with three good shooters on the court, we’d be fine. So a Mitchell, Ingles, Bogey, Favors, Gobert lineup would work well imo.
But we still aren’t utilizing Gobert to the fullest though. Just find a way to unload Coley and sign wood. I envision him in a similar role to favors. I know he’s on the light side, but I think it would work.

That lineup could be really useful against the Lakers.

But we still aren’t utilizing Gobert to the fullest though. Just find a way to unload Coley and sign wood. I envision him in a similar role to favors. I know he’s on the light side, but I think it would work.
We should keep coley and drop Conley tbpfhwy

I wouldn’t go back to Favs but we knew that the Ricky Favs Rudy alignment didn’t work... and rolled with it for two years... adjust one of the pieces and maybe you find the other piece works.

I don’t want two non shooters on the court. We need perimeter length and some interior help but it can’t kill the spacing. If we just want a good backup center those are much cheaper than what Favs will command.

With Capela going to ATL it's certainly more of a possibility than it was, but still 99% probably not going to happen.

We’re not getting Wood! He’ll make more than the MLE. Jesus.

We’re not getting Wood! He’ll make more than the MLE. Jesus.
Plenty of good GMs get guys they want in FA without cap space... sign and trade or finding ways to clear the necessary space. Morey, West, Riley and others find ways to get it done (they got CP, Gallo, Butler when they had no space). Its also not a foregone conclusion he gets more than 4/43M (which is what full MLE is)... Based on his production at the end of the year last year people probably assumed he wouldn't get cut and be available on waivers.

For example we could trade Ed and TB (both on expiring deals) plus a 1st (in 2024, subject to the protections of Memphis pick) and you could give Wood 4/54M... could go higher by adding in a minimum guy.

If our front office got really aggressive I think we'd have a chance... he might get a crazy offer this summer, but I bet you he gets MLE or damn near.

If our front office got really aggressive I think we'd have a chance... he might get a crazy offer this summer, but I bet you he gets MLE or damn near.
What do you mean get aggressive? Our FO is among the most aggressive.

Plenty of good GMs get guys they want in FA without cap space... sign and trade or finding ways to clear the necessary space. Morey, West, Riley and others find ways to get it done (they got CP, Gallo, Butler when they had no space). Its also not a foregone conclusion he gets more than 4/43M (which is what full MLE is)... Based on his production at the end of the year last year people probably assumed he wouldn't get cut and be available on waivers.

For example we could trade Ed and TB (both on expiring deals) plus a 1st (in 2024, subject to the protections of Memphis pick) and you could give Wood 4/54M... could go higher by adding in a minimum guy.

Morey, West, Riley.

Houston, LA, Miami.