What's new

Favors/Kanter vs Gasol/Randolph

I don't think he even needs a three point shot, just a consistent jumper from about 15 feet would be great. I think we give up rebounding when our center steps outside the three point line. I guess it would give Favors more room to work on his post game though.

Offensive rebounding is in the area of forcing turnovers with how it relates to winning (in other words, they can be extraordinarily helpful, but they come with significant risks built in and great teams don't usually need or emphasize these aspects of the game). Besides, if you're getting better shots (and if you have a player that can drag the opposing team's most important defensive player out of the paint, you WILL get better shots) you're probably making more which further negates the necessity of offensive rebounding.

Interestingly/unfortunately, offensive rebounding is one of the few clear advantages Favors would have over a small-ball 4 (ESPECIALLY one that might face-guard him if he's able to score on the mismatch in the post).

The Grizzlies made it to the WCF and have a chance to go all the way, notwithstanding losing yesterday. Not that they are a favorite, but they have a chance.

So I turned on the game yesterday and was struck by their line-up: Gasol, Randolph, and a bunch of average roll players. And Gasol/Randolph are not that great, not perenial All Stars. That got me thinking: could Favors and Kanter be as good a combo? I think they can. Maybe a bit weaker on offense, but better D and better rebounding. And Hayward looks better than any of their other players.

It sure looks possible, if the Jazz play things right with a better PG and a good HC, in a few years time the Jazz too could be knocking on the door.
i have been wondering this all playoffs.
are pacers/grizlies/warriors better talentwise than utah?

....lets not go off the deep end here! Randolph and Karl Malone should never be mentioned together as closely resembling each other in anyway, shape or form!

didn't malone have a similar playoff performance?

it was just one game

my point was, zach randolph isnt a player you could win championships with

how many more championships did malone win again? or are you trying to prove my point?

russell_display_image.jpg

my point was, zach randolph isnt a player you could win championships with

how many more championships did malone win again? or are you trying to prove my point?

russell_display_image.jpg

my point is that every single ****ing great player shas an off game.
didnt the greta lebron james fail to score double digits in a game?

i bet you that jordan kobe and all other championship players had playoff carrerlows rivaling below the 10 points

I will reiterate my position;
Teams like Grizzlies have nothing on our beloved Jazz.
In fact, Jazz may arguably be better than some of these teams still active, roster wise of course!

I blame the coach and the lazy bball culture he promoted in the team.
He allowed the old guns to play&shoot&loot so that they will get the numbers and the "due" contracts!
Jazz suffered for that!

I dont think Jazz are 8. seed, first-round-exit team, as many of us believe!
Jazz could have gone to the West finals!
Again; roster-wise thay had, what it takes to play against the big boys!
except that coach!

Gasol getting DPOY is a joke. Allen is on the All NBA defensive first team (voted on by coaches). Gasol isn't. So, the coaches thought Allen was a better defensive player than Gasol, but the media thought Gasol, the nice guy with a GREAT story, was the best defensive player. Yeah right. And Ty Detmer was the best college football player one year as well.