What's new

Favors or Kanter?

Kanter is superior in:
jump shot, passing,

Kanter has 2 assists total in NBA career and not a single jumper made yet. Like seriously? superior in passing? Neither of them can pass and did not show any passing game yet. I have seen Favors making numerous jumpers in NBA, and I only seen Kanter making jumpers vs high school kids as tall as his shoulders. Granted, he made couple in Eurobasket as well. To say he has superior jump shot then Favors is just wrong.

You guys remember in Rocky IV when Apollo is fighting Drago and the first part of the fight Drago is just dancing around not throwing any punches, and then after a while of playing around, Drago's trainer yells some order/command in Russian, and Drago unleashes all hell on Apollo?

I like to imagine a similar scenario in which we get the 6 seed in the playoffs and get matched up against the 3 seed Lakers and in game 2, after Enes has been in the game for a few minutes, Ty screams something to him in Turkish, which results in Enes starting to rain from deep.

I'm convinced we're saving this for the right moment.

Evidence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5kAZL0Q3ic&feature=fvst

He averaged 50 and 30 that year. Not top competition, obviously, but still 50 and 30.

I think I've only seen Kanter take 2 shots outside of 8' so far this year so saying he hasn't made one isn't saying much, I think people are basing this off of scouting and euro play as well as his FT shooting. It is still so early I hate thinking or making any comparisons but since this thread is here in my mind Kanter's game and his current weaknesses I could see him having a similar game to that of Z-Bo but without all the head case and mental issues that held him back early in his career. I also think Kanter will play better D then Z-Bo going off the limited time we've seen him so far this year.

With all that said if you put a gun to my head I guess I would choose Favors only for potential upside is higher IMO. Can't leave on a negative note so I will add I'm really glad the Jazz have both as I am really liking both so far this season, of course both of them being so young there are plenty of ups and downs but I'm just enjoying the ride.

*edit, also wanted to add as has been reported locally Corbin is wanting to keep him close to the basket and not asking/wanting him to worry about his jumper so far, just do his elite skill in rebounding and work on finishing around the rim*

I would go with Kanter only because he rebounds and beats the hell out of the other teams big guys.

...so what your saying is when Kanter is down looking to grab rebound.....and he's being covered by a hopper type guy....who's teammate is out at the top of the key dribbling 10 times between his legs....Kanter's guy is yelling to the teammate dribbling the ball: "Hey.....whatever your going to do....DO IT!.....cuzz I'm tired of boxing this guy off the boards!"

Kanter has 2 assists total in NBA career and not a single jumper made yet. Like seriously? superior in passing? Neither of them can pass and did not show any passing game yet. I have seen Favors making numerous jumpers in NBA, and I only seen Kanter making jumpers vs high school kids as tall as his shoulders. Granted, he made couple in Eurobasket as well. To say he has superior jump shot then Favors is just wrong.
Ok passing might be hard to compare because both of them don't get lots of touches and when they do it's mostly near the rim or during plays where they have to hand it off to a wing.

The denial of kanter's midrange game bugs me though. It seems nobody cared to watch the eurobaskets where he shot the ball pretty well. I forgot who(pkm maybe) repeatedly says that kanter is most efficient a few feet out but it's true. He doesn't have the vertical to dunk from inside the restricted zone against tall defenders, they can block it without jumping. Last game was the first time kanter took a shot from midrange i think, but it was some weird fadeaway and he missed. I don't think he doesn't have the courage to take shots because he shot a good amount during the eurobaskets, in which he had more pressure than in an average nba game.

You could argue that he has a decent shot just by watching him shoot free throws.

On another note: i think kanter is pretty much identical to kaman.

AKMVP,,please,i just want you to answer some questions:

if those kids are school kids,what was Enes than? was he something deferent?was he older than the others?(dont tell me he had euroleague experience or something,he played total of 30 min,and less than 80 min in turkish basketball league)

where does US u-16-,,u-17 and players comes from? if those players comes from these school kids,than they must sucking big time in international tournies acording to your statments

by the way;one of the players was on that video(which Enes posterised ) is a 7 footer

did any of the american born nba players play in these high-school league? or are they coming from somewhere else?

did lebron james,dwight haword,chris bosh,kevin love play in this league when they were young? if so how was their stats?

im not trying to be funny or anything,just want you inlight me,i dont know much about high school basketball

Right now I'd take Favors.

The fact I had to actually think about it is really encouraging though. I hope these 2 are our anchors for years to come. I think they have the potential to be the best starting PF/C combo we have ever had.

if those kids are school kids,what was Enes than? was he something deferent?was he older than the others?(dont tell me he had euroleague experience or something,he played total of 30 min,and less than 80 min in turkish basketball league)

where does US u-16-,,u-17 and players comes from? if those players comes from these school kids,than they must sucking big time in international tournies acording to your statments

by the way;one of the players was on that video(which Enes posterised ) is a 7 footer

did any of the american born nba players play in these high-school league? or are they coming from somewhere else?

did lebron james,dwight haword,chris bosh,kevin love play in this league when they were young? if so how was their stats?

im not trying to be funny or anything,just want you inlight me,i dont know much about high school basketball

aybars, look at those kids in that video. They all smaller, skinny scrawny teenagers compared to Enes who already at age of 16-17 had adult mans body - thats the difference, superior physical advantage. It was not fair competition for him. No wonder he was scoring like 50pts a game, let me play vs kids 5 ft tall and lighter by 50lbs then me and I will score 50 pts a game easily. Kosta dominated U-18 Eurobasket more then Kanter did, what happened later in NBA when he met his size players? These high school vidoes are garbage, sorry.

Not all High School leagues are created equal.

Not sure, but I think Kanter went to an area that was considered pretty devoid of talent and size.

aybars, look at those kids in that video. They all smaller, skinny scrawny teenagers compared to Enes who already at age of 16-17 had adult mans body - thats the difference, superior physical advantage. It was not fair competition for him. No wonder he was scoring like 50pts a game, let me play vs kids 5 ft tall and lighter by 50lbs then me and I will score 50 pts a game easily. Kosta dominated U-18 Eurobasket more then Kanter did, what happened later in NBA when he met his size players? These high school vidoes are garbage, sorry.

look,,i mean all the great players we know playing in nba now,they were where enes was in this video,,i mean among these garbage players(as you called) comes the US u-16 and u-17 players,,all the us players drafted in 2011,,they played in this league,,yes enes was 16-17,,so was the other players..

i think some people here are very unfair against him,he has the least experience among all players drafted this year,no mather he played in the euroleague or TBB,cause his professional minutes are less than 120 min untill december 2011,he played 180 min in nba,yet people complaining he is not superier against 10 year oexperienced vets.

Not all High School leagues are created equal.

Not sure, but I think Kanter went to an area that was considered pretty devoid of talent and size.
And then dominated the Nike Hoops Summit.

Dude has been amazing at every level of competitive ball he's played, and he's certainly demonstrated he has a decent jumper.

like i said,i dont know much about high school basketball,,thanx for the info:)

Like I said, I don't really know much about Kanter's HS time, but typically big city areas have more talent.

For instance, Big Al played in a HS in rural Mississippi. I think he put up ridiculous numbers (43 points, 18 rebounds, and 7 blocks per game according to Wikipedia).

And then dominated the Nike Hoops Summit.

Dude has been amazing at every level of competitive ball he's played, and he's certainly demonstrated he has a decent jumper.

He has yet to demonstrate it at an NBA level.

Kind of wish there was a poll on here about this. I am curious to see percentages.

Personally I think Favors is better right now and has more upside. I have not seen that much from Kanter besides rebounding and toughness which is great but not enough to make you an all star level player.

Reactions: MVP
He has yet to demonstrate it at an NBA level.
and?

I think he has demonstrated quite a bit, actually. It seems his strength, leverage and rebounding all translate to the NBA. His footwork also looks very good. I wouldn't expect his soft touch and jumper to disappear, and I think he'll get better finishing around the rim with time.

i looked at favors stats from last year 6.8 ppg,,5.3 rpg in 19.7 minutes,,drafted 3. overall,,enes has 4.8 ppg,5.2 rpg in 14.2 min so far,,drafted 3. overall,,i dont see big deference,,so whats so bad about Enes? i think both gonna be great players in couple of years

and?

I think he has demonstrated quite a bit, actually. It seems his strength, leverage and rebounding all translate to the NBA. His footwork also looks very good. I wouldn't expect his soft touch and jumper to disappear, and I think he'll get better finishing around the rim with time.

He was advertised as having great footwork in the post but so far I have seen slow,awkward attempts which resulted in bricks or blocked shots. Sorry but his footwork in NBA neither is working nor looking anywhere close to good. There is hope though that practising with Big AL and Millsap he will learn how to use it properly vs NBA talent.