What's new

Favors or Kanter?

,so whats so bad about Enes?

Nobody is saying something is bad. He will be solid player, just most likely not all-star or star level. Just that IMHO Favors has better chances of reaching that status.

Nobody is saying something is bad. He will be solid player, just most likely not all-star or star level. Just that IMHO Favors has better chances of reaching that status.

i respect your opinion which i do not agree,,time will tell who is right

apples-and-oranges.jpg

i take kanter because, as i see his prospects are brighter. and favors will be a very good player but in my opinion he has some limits.

Miller said it right today about Kanter under the basket - painful to watch, like in slow motion. Confidence? Inexperience? or Mavs defense was just to good?

Miller said it right today about Kanter under the basket - painful to watch, like in slow motion. Confidence? Inexperience? or Mavs defense was just to good?

I think it is just inexperience. He is not used to the speed of the NBA. He will learn not to gather himself down low.

Neither looked great tonight against the defending champs. Favors doesn't usually get that frustrated so I'm not too worried about that. Kanter's lack of hops made his shots easy to contest in the paint. They still have some learning to do.

The sad thing about Kanter's inability to finish under the rim is that it greatly reduces his best talent, offensive rebounding. He waste all of his offensive rebounds on the shot getting swatted back to him (which helps him pad those stats at least). Then he eventually gets stripped because he showcases the ball for every player to get it.

The sad thing about Kanter's inability to finish under the rim is that it greatly reduces his best talent, offensive rebounding. He waste all of his offensive rebounds on the shot getting swatted back to him (which helps him pad those stats at least). Then he eventually gets stripped because he showcases the ball for every player to get it.

He is explosive so if he just attacks immediately he can possibly get his shot off better, and adding some hooks, mini-hooks and running one handers will do him good. I think he can learn to work with what he has.

He should learn simple thing after getting offensive rebound if he can't finish it.. Pass it out back to guards on perimeter, or dribble out of the paint and reset the offense.

He should learn simple thing after getting offensive rebound if he can't finish it.. Pass it out back to guards on perimeter, or dribble out of the paint and reset the offense.

Passing out is hard when you are directly under the rim. I'd rather him just go up fast and off the backboard (locating the backboard is much easier than locating the rim).

Hating on a kid for getting offensive rebounds he regularly has no business getting in the first place but not taking advantage of the opportunity is misplaced ire.

While his missing of bunnies is starting to drive me crazy, it's important to have some perspective. He is THE best rebounder on the Jazz and it's not really close.

I choose Favors, personally. I see him as being a great two-way player, whereas Kanter's defense scares me. I see Kanter as being replaceable with a more defense-oriented big.