What's new

Favors or Monroe: Whom would you rather have?

Monroe was a consistent double-double guy the last 35 games or so this past season. It looks like he could definitely be an every day player in this league.

Favor's ceiling is way, way higher though.

Favors is better athlete, Monroe is smarter and more fundamental. All depends how Favors will develop. At this point Monroe is much better.

Favors is better athlete, Monroe is smarter and more fundamental. All depends how Favors will develop. At this point Monroe is much better.

Pretty much the Jazz FO point of view for every draft since forever. Which of course sometimes has worked great for us and sometimes hasn't, but sometimes you gotta hope for homerun potential with Favors has.

Favors, but Monroe is a good player and will get better. I agree that Favors will be the better player.

Favors was the youngest player in the league last season. This coming season he'll be the same age Monroe was this season. We'll see how Favors does this season, then compare.

One thing to think about is that Monroe has what are effectively "old" skills. I like the guy a lot but there is a legitimate question about how much more he's going to improve given that many of the things that he does well (decision making, understanding offense, solid defensive work) are things that rookies generally improve on quickly. There's a lot of opportunity for other players to catch Monroe in the coming season.

The real question to my mind is Favors or Cousins. Both are young prodigious talents. Cousins is a headcase, Favors is raw.

Cousins is a badass. Not a headcase, but definitely a pouter and too often immature. But still a badass.

The question should be Monroe or Hayward and if we weren't already log jammed I'd take Monroe. I wanted him during the draft anyways :D

Cousins is a badass. Not a headcase, but definitely a pouter and too often immature. But still a badass.

Take off the goggles for a second. People that attempt to assault teammates and coaches are headcases.

Okay, now resume shameless homering.

Not worried about his mental problems. I would be worried about his doughnut problem though. Still a fatass.

Not worried about his mental problems. I would be worried about his doughnut problem though. Still a fatass.

Saw him in the Dominican game and he had lost about all his baby fat. MUCH leaner and more mobile. Anyway, he's a great player and has proven that. The 'homer' stuff gets old ONLY because I'm more objective than most on here ... but I'm also much better looking, so it's all good.