What's new

Favors or Monroe: Whom would you rather have?

Saw him in the Dominican game and he had lost about all his baby fat. MUCH leaner and more mobile. Anyway, he was a great COLLEGE player and has proven that. The 'homer' stuff gets old ONLY because I'm more objective than most on here ... but I'm also much better looking, so it's all good.

Fixed.

Saw him in the Dominican game and he had lost about all his baby fat. MUCH leaner and more mobile. Anyway, he's a great player and has proven that. The 'homer' stuff gets old ONLY because I'm more objective than most on here ... but I'm also much better looking, so it's all good.

If true, and he could even his body fat 10%, that would great for his game. He had pretty poor athletic numbers, but I think those were due to him being incredibly out of shape and fat.

I wish I had the patience to look at your first 100 or so post, when you were a 100% bonafide homer, but since then I think you have been one of the better posters.

If true, and he could even his body fat 10%, that would great for his game. He had pretty poor athletic numbers, but I think those were due to him being incredibly out of shape and fat.

I wish I had the patience to look at your first 100 or so post, when you were a 100% bonafide homer, but since then I think you have been one of the better posters.

I admitted to being a homer. Maybe I'm not sure what the real definition of homer is, but if it's backing your team, in good times and bad, then that's definitely me. If by definition it means you can't see things objectively because of your allegiance to a team, then I humbly say that doesn't describe me. It is possible, though, to say Kanter will be good (i.e.), have most disagree and to have still been objective. Objectivity is subjective. Now I'm ****** confused.

I see Monroe as a solid productive guy, but never a great defender as his ceiling.

I see Favors as a solid productive guy, but a good/great defender as his floor.

Yeah, Cousins is a headcase. This isn't up for debate.

But hey, lots of great players are/were headcases. So no need to be worried about it.

Cousins is immensely talented. Better than Randolph at his age. He could go the way of a Derrick Coleman, but I think he'll be better than Coleman even if he's always a headcase. If he gets it together, he's got Top 5 center talent. My guess is he'll be one of those guys a team will greatly benefit from in year 7 of his career. After all the shenanigans. A vet team will get him to march straight.

Yeah, Cousins is a headcase. This isn't up for debate.

But hey, lots of great players are/were headcases. So no need to be worried about it.

Guess that settles it then, lol. I know him, fairy well. Great guy, just younger than his years is all. No more from me in this thread, though. You're welcome.

I'm not sure why Zach gets such a bad rap. He's played for some pretty terrible teams. But his game has always been awesome to me. Is he a lil bit of a ballhog? Sure. But that's what I want out of a big man. I want a guy who's gonna bang inside, demand a double, and score inside. As a Jazz fan, he's always seemed to have no problem scoring. Many times, he's been the only bright spot for his team. Back in the day, I much preferred watching Sebastian Telfair or Steph Marbury try and go 1 on 5 and brick a 30 footer than watch Zach knock Boozer or Memo around for an easy dunk.

A PG being a ball hog is a problem. But a big man being a ballhog isn't necessarily bad.

Of course, there's always that "unselfish" big man who hates contact (yet still somehow misses seasons due to injury), plays out by the FT line, loves to defer to guys like Lebron, Duron, and Drose, and yells "AND ONE" all the time... Maybe that's what we want.

jazz fans, are we missing this guy?

What's funny, is that if the Jazz would have had Zach Randolf all those years we had Duron, Memo, and JSlo, we probably would have gotten to the finals at least once or twice.

depends on who else u have, with Kanter i would say Favors, with a more traditional center, i would take monroe

Maybe because he sucker punched his teammate?

He is a great player though, but I think Al Jefferson can be better than him.

And his teammate didn't deserve it?

Personally, I wish that Duron, Jslow, and Memo would have all gang punched AK and Boozer.

If Malone would have punched Tag, maybe we could have traded him earlier or maybe Tag would have actually tried in games.

Zach punched Amundson. Which he totally deserved. Amundson is a Scott Pollard wannabe. I think any white man with a pony tail deserves to be punched.

If punching players was a bad thing, then Larry Bird was one horrible NBA player.

See, this illustrates what's wrong with today's pattycake basketball league. Sometimes, guys need to be called out. If they cry, like AK did, then get the hell out of this league and country. the USA aint for the faint of heart. This country is full of winners. Doers. Guys who kick ***.

dudes that wanna cry, don't wanna fight, don't wanna punch, don't wanna hurt their teammates feelings, need to go back to europe and chuck up a bunch of worthless 3's.

Thriller, I get your point and I agree with what you are saying. However, Randolph did more than just punch one teammate. I don't remember his whole rap sheet but it was pretty long. As a player, I always thought Randolph was underrated. He is a monster down low and even though he is somewhat a ball hog he still produces. I think since he has gone to Memphis, his attitude has changed because he finally was on a winning team. He seems to be more professional but in Portland he was very immature mostly because he was young. I think he is pretty unstoppable when he gets going. I agree Karl should have called out his teammates more but knowing most Jazz fans they would have crucified him for doing so.

thriller:

Partial list of players I have personally seen cry on the court;

Magic Johnson, Michael Jordon, Paul Pierce, Kobe Bryant, Hakeem and the list goes on an on. Of course, they cried after championships.

Monroe was a consistent double-double guy the last 35 games or so this past season. It looks like he could definitely be an every day player in this league.

Favor's ceiling is way, way higher though.
Agree. Immediate payoff is with Monroe. But Favors can become a franchise player. I don't see Monroe with that kind of ceiling. Higher risk/higher reward.