What's new

Game Thread Feb 12, 2024 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Warriors

Added to Calendar: 02-12-24

At the first of the year when trying to build competent lineups I had KO and Agbaji playing like 40 minutes (KO for passing/play making, Agbaji for on ball defense). Simone came in and took some of that burden and made lineups work, but now all 3 are gone.

I suppose if I did a similar exercise today it's probably just not possible to put competent lineups together. I do wonder if there are players out there on the fringes that could provide some of the connectivity/on ball defense that the team is lacking. Last year we added Dunn. Maybe this year there is someone we could sign off the scrap heap to allow for some competent lineups.
A good case can be done on KO being our second best overall player, on OA being our third/fourth best D player or on SF being the third best connector option...
It's just too much for them to let go away for no contribution at all. The team was not ready for that.
Frustration is clearly piling up. Now vets know they're bound to be sparring partners for not ready young dudes.... LM is about to be 27, seven year veteran, not one single postseason game...

Sorry that I pointed out a mistake Lauri had and it hurts your feelings. Lauri is our best player unequivocally but it wasn’t his best night. It happens.
Does it happen to headdown ”playmaker” Sexton?

P.s its great to have 3 amigos Sex, Tht, Jc and junior member as ”playmakers”.

The only one besides LM (Olnyk) with some bb iq was sent away.

And those 3+1 bulls (young or not) are playing their me me me ball.

But it does not get into my feelings, I am to old to have such feelings

Last edited:
Does it happen to headdown ”playmaker” Sexton?
Sexton has bad games of course. At times he still dribbles into the paint without a real plan and has made some mistakes turning the ball over that has frustrated me.

He is also arguably our most or at worst second most consistent player. He’s going to get you at least 20 points on good efficiency and 5 assists a night. I’ve never questioned his effort or energy once.

Lauri and Sexton are our two best players and it’s ok to criticize them if they have a bad night. It happens to every great player.

IMO Lauri had as bad of an on-ball game as I've ever seen from him. The whole team is in shambles though, so it's hard to separate individual performances from the overall trend
Which is true. It was an uncharacteristically bad game from Lauri and we won’t win much if any when he plays like that. We’re very dependent on him.

I think there's a lot of underestimating (among fans, maybe among players, too) just how fragile we were before the trade. I'm thinking especially that Hardy had figured out how to get everyone in exactly their right role and to get the whole to equal more than the "sum of the parts."

We basically needed all 10 guys doing what Hardy was asking of them for the system to work. We've clearly been vulnerable to the trades as a result, but we were likely to have been just as vulnerable to an injury or two (that fortunately after mid-December didn't happen).