What's new

Game Thread Feb 13, 2023 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Pacers

Added to Calendar: 02-13-23

Had to meet someone for something.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
giphy.gif

Good example of why you cant just look at a box score. The Jazz dont win that game without that huge scoring burst by Clarkson.

If it wasnt Clarkson making those mistakes/TO's, it'd be someone else.
I'd rather not have Clarkson out there making stupid mistakes all game and putting us in a hole, and then trying to play savior all by himself.

We have absolutely no need for an aging SG to take this kind of a role at this point in a season where we just traded four veteran rotation players away.

Good example of why you cant just look at a box score. The Jazz dont win that game without that huge scoring burst by Clarkson.

If it wasnt Clarkson making those mistakes/TO's, it'd be someone else.
JC was not a negative impact player in this game despite his team worst BPM and TO's, but you cannot just absolve him from negative impact plays and credit him for positives.

Your logic can be turned around and said he ****ed up on those TO's and anyone could have scored those points... but it would be just as bad of a take.

JC is..... JC. He will always play like that. Sometines he can be very hot and win games almost alone and sometimes he will cost us the gamer. Coach, FO know it perfectly.

No hope of getting a decent position in the draft now the only way is to package up the 3 first rounders we have next draft

I'll be at the game tonight. Cheapest NBA tickets I've bought in a really long time.

- My favorite part of the game last night was watching THT in the layup line doing crazy acrobatic layups vs the air.
- I really wish we had Haliburton. I don't get to watch him much because the Pacers are blacked out on my league pass, but he's really a complete player.
- Sexton is unbelievably fast. I also noticed how good he was at working the refs. He's always talking to them.

All right, **** the tank! This is an epic **** the tank victory. What **** the tank dreams are made of

It was a nice win. Not sure epic is the word to use when you beat a team that isnt even likely to make the playoffs though.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Btw interesting curiosity detail about this game.

Lauri went 8/11 with his 2 pointers. Only 3 of those 8 buckets were assisted. He was 5/6 on self-created 2 pointers (only miss coming in the end against Haliburton and he played him out of it just missed the shot).

Lauri went 8/11 with his 2 pointers. Only 3 of those 8 buckets were assisted. He was 5/6 on self-created 2 pointers (only miss coming in the end against Haliburton and he played him out of it just missed the shot).
He wasn't getting the ball much in his spots, hence the low assisted numbers. A combination of good denying defense by Indy, Sexton hesitating to throw even the simplest passes, and Clarkson, umm... well, I guess he thought he always had the better look.

I was thinking about this earlier. Lauri is so overpowering physically which helps make him hard to guard. He’s jacked and his chiseled frame is something to marvel at.

He wasn't getting the ball much in his spots, hence the low assisted numbers. A combination of good denying defense by Indy, Sexton hesitating to throw even the simplest passes, and Clarkson, umm... well, I guess he thought he always had the better look.

Umm.. no. He was being disrespected by getting guarded by small guys and punished the **** out of them. It was give it to Lauri and get out of the way.

Why did Kessler play so little? I know that closing lineup was doing well, but I think we would have had a more comfortable game of it if Kessler had been out there to stop some of those drives to the rim. I was only able to watch intermittently so did I miss something?