What's new

Game Thread Feb 13, 2023 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Pacers

Added to Calendar: 02-13-23

- My favorite part of the game last night was watching THT in the layup line doing crazy acrobatic layups vs the air.
- I really wish we had Haliburton. I don't get to watch him much because the Pacers are blacked out on my league pass, but he's really a complete player.
- Sexton is unbelievably fast. I also noticed how good he was at working the refs. He's always talking to them.
Yeah Haliburton is completely untouchable but man would he shine on the Jazz. He is exactly what we need. Add him a solid 3&D guy with handles and some playmaking ability and we are talking about rings, not fringe lottery picks.

Of course, every single team could use a Haliburton. He is like Jaylen Brown in that regard, in that they would slot seamlessly into every team in the league.

But damn let's dream big and think about adding Haliburton AND Brown. Whoah!

Haliburton
Clarkson
Brown
Lauri
Kessler

Yikes. How many rings we want?

Why did Kessler play so little? I know that closing lineup was doing well, but I think we would have had a more comfortable game of it if Kessler had been out there to stop some of those drives to the rim. I was only able to watch intermittently so did I miss something?

Foul trouble and then hardy sticking with what was working/matchups.
I think it dumb that kessler ever gets less than 30 minutes and i also think its dumb that hardy is still trying to win every single game no matter what. Even if it means benching your promising rookie center.

Just play the 4 young core dudes heavy minutes no matter what. If we win then great. If we lose then great. Last night we won which is fine but kessler rode pine so the win sucks.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Why did Kessler play so little? I know that closing lineup was doing well, but I think we would have had a more comfortable game of it if Kessler had been out there to stop some of those drives to the rim. I was only able to watch intermittently so did I miss something?
Foul trouble. In the 4th I think Hardy wanted to ride KO because he was literally on fire. 18 points with 6 FGA and 10 boards. Hard to argue with that.

Foul trouble and then hardy sticking with what was working/matchups.
I think it dumb that kessler ever gets less than 30 minutes and i also think its dumb that hardy is still trying to win every single game no matter what. Even if it means benching your promising rookie center.

Just play the 4 young core dudes heavy minutes no matter what. If we win then great. If we lose then great. Last night we won which is fine but kessler rode pine so the win sucks.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
I agree. It won't hurt him to foul out once or twice. It helps him learn what the refs are calling, or not calling, and he can adapt. He can't learn to adapt on the bench.

Foul trouble. In the 4th I think Hardy wanted to ride KO because he was literally on fire. 18 points with 6 FGA and 10 boards. Hard to argue with that.
Yeah, I can see that. Except winning shouldn't be the primary goal. They should be getting the young guys as many minutes as possible. I know that isn't Hardy's MO, and the team isn't "tanking", but it should be and they should be.

Yeah Haliburton is completely untouchable but man would he shine on the Jazz. He is exactly what we need. Add him a solid 3&D guy with handles and some playmaking ability and we are talking about rings, not fringe lottery picks.

Of course, every single team could use a Haliburton. He is like Jaylen Brown in that regard, in that they would slot seamlessly into every team in the league.

But damn let's dream big and think about adding Haliburton AND Brown. Whoah!

Haliburton
Clarkson
Brown
Lauri
Kessler

Yikes. How many rings we want?
I'm so sad the Pacers are young and already on their way to build around Tyrese. But it is what it is...

Seems that Tyrese and Lauri have a lot of mutual respect. Tyrese talked about him in the JJ Redick podcast early this season and before and after the game they exchanged hugs and few words as well.

Btw interesting curiosity detail about this game.

Lauri went 8/11 with his 2 pointers. Only 3 of those 8 buckets were assisted. He was 5/6 on self-created 2 pointers (only miss coming in the end against Haliburton and he played him out of it just missed the shot).

And still I have to tell to the dumb folks in Twitter he can create a little bit of his own. A lot of all-stars just have other stars around them so double or triple teaming is tougher. When we get another all-star into the team Lauri might average over 30 for a season. Even without improving that much. But if he finds out counter moves against toughest defenses and ****... Heck - he has a chance to score as much or even more as Embiid for some seasons to come.

I'm so sad the Pacers are young and already on their way to build around Tyrese. But it is what it is...

Seems that Tyrese and Lauri have a lot of mutual respect. Tyrese talked about him in the JJ Redick podcast early this season and before and after the game they exchanged hugs and few words as well.
Don’t feel sorry for the Pacers! After the trade deadline they’re the sweetheart charity of both Milwaukee and Brooklyn.

Compare to our deal where we gave up four good players, and 3 seconds for a lunatic, two benchwarmers, and a possible first that conveys to a lousy second. Nwora, Hill, Ibaka, three picks and cash considerations for the rights to some obscure prospect? What’s wrong with this picture?

JC was not a negative impact player in this game despite his team worst BPM and TO's, but you cannot just absolve him from negative impact plays and credit him for positives.

Your logic can be turned around and said he ****ed up on those TO's and anyone could have scored those points... but it would be just as bad of a take.
Good lord.

JC is a highly talented player, more so than the players who would be taking his minutes in the event of his trade (you know assuming we weren't taking back another talented player). The likelihood of Clarkson making game winning plays is higher than his backups. You can't just flip what I said and have it be the same thing.

Good lord.

JC is a highly talented player, more so than the players who would be taking his minutes in the event of his trade (you know assuming we weren't taking back another talented player). The likelihood of Clarkson making game winning plays is higher than his backups. You can't just flip what I said and have it be the same thing.
Idk. You take away Clarkson’s 7 (9?) turnovers last night and let someone else take his shot attempts and there’s a good chance we win this game with a bigger margin.

Clarkson has great dribbling skills, but when he attacks the rim, he‘s like a headless chicken. Compare him to Tyrese who we saw last night. When Tyrese attacks the rim, he’s already thinking passing in case he hits the wall or there’s a teammate in a better shooting position. Because it’s difficult for old dogs to learn new tricks and JC can’t defend, I don’t see him on a team Danny’s wants to build (other than maybe a role player off the bench).

Last edited:
Don’t feel sorry for the Pacers! After the trade deadline they’re the sweetheart charity of both Milwaukee and Brooklyn.

Compare to our deal where we gave up four good players, and 3 seconds for a lunatic, two benchwarmers, and a possible first that conveys to a lousy second. Nwora, Hill, Ibaka, three picks and cash considerations for the rights to some obscure prospect? What’s wrong with this picture?
I feel sorry for us, because we cannot get Tyrese now that he is a centerpiece. If Pacers would be old and needed to restock on picks and youth, then there was a chance... but right now I think he is as untouchable as any player in this league that is not a superstar in a top contender.

Good lord.

My post was about you trying to twist the narrative to support your opinion. The post was actually not about JC at all. I'm not surprised you have a hard time grasping the point though.

Idk. You take away Clarkson’s 7 (9?) turnovers last night and let someone else take his shot attempts and there’s a good chance we win this game with a bigger margin.

It was 9 and I have a really hard time believing that we would have been worse off with Sexton getting that kind of usage instead. I highly doubt he has 9 turnovers in that scenario and probably just as much points and created more.

It was 9 and I have a really hard time believing that we would have been worse off with Sexton getting that kind of usage instead. I highly doubt he has 9 turnovers in that scenario and probably just as much points and created more.
I'm fine with mistakes... it happens. I think for Hardy he needs to watch himself a bit if he is going to get upset with one guy and let another guy make mistakes. Productive and consistent criticism is all I ask.

The JC roller coaster last night was wild... so I can see why people are asking after "was that fun?"

The post wasn't about JC? Que?????
The point of my post was to argue about twisting narratives to support your view, not about whether JC had a good game or not.

For the record, I do think he had a good game despite his turnovers... but it wasnt a great one despite his insane shooting splits indicate that. (now this is a take that is about JC)

The point of my post was to argue about twisting narratives to support your view, not about whether JC had a good game or not.

For the record, I do think he had a good game despite his turnovers... but it wasnt a great one despite his insane shooting splits indicate that. (now this is a take that is about JC)
How on Earth did I twist anything?

It's factual that Jordan Clarkson is more talented than Talent Horton Tucker, Leandro Bolmaro and Ochai. If Jordan Clarkson was not on the Utah Jazz, we'd probably be giving THT 30 mpg and Leandro Bolmaro would actually be playing. If you think those guys are going to outperform Jordan Clarkson I have some beach front property to sell you in Kansas. These players on average would be making far more mistakes and far fewer positive impact plays.

How on Earth did I twist anything?

It's factual that Jordan Clarkson is more talented than Talent Horton Tucker, Leandro Bolmaro and Ochai. If Jordan Clarkson was not on the Utah Jazz, we'd probably be giving THT 30 mpg and Leandro Bolmaro would actually be playing. If you think those guys are going to outperform Jordan Clarkson I have some beach front property to sell you in Kansas. These players on average would be making far more mistakes and far fewer positive impact plays.
The post I replied to you implied that he is absolved from the turnovers. That anyone would have made them. That was my beef with it.

His full PRABS statline was 29/1/3/0/0 with a officially 7 TO (I thought they said more during the broadcast?) and with team worst -7 BPM... He is for sure more talented than any of the guys listed above and can outperform them even on a bad day, but lately he has looked like he is using his talent to secure a bigger bag more than playing team ball.