What's new

Game Thread Feb 15, 2024 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Warriors

Added to Calendar: 02-15-24

I haven't watched as much this year, but got tickets to this one. Keyonte is even better than the stat line.
He had a couple of heat checks that were rookie bad selections. He also had a bad rookie mistake on a travel. He will grow out of those bone-headed moments. Super excited about him. Always been a sexton fan. Hendricks looks pretty lost, but he hussles and looks like he has a chance, but plenty raw for now.

Clarkson was super quiet. Its sad to see Kessler not as confident. Still had some great contests and blocks. What happened to Clarkson. He was so quiet. Dunn plays hard and causes a lot of disruption on D. Markenen seems like he could be more involved somehow.

I was glad Draymond wasn't too engaged. I worry about him. Weird to see him afraid to shoot the 3. Unfortunately, we gave him confidence, and he turned back the clock. Klay had tons of ice on his kness at halftime, Curry didn't feel near as deadly as he once was. The Dubs honestly weren't too scary looking.

It was a fun game. Refs were garbage down the stretch. Wish they could have pulled it out.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I'm done on making proper analysis as I dont think there is much need for it. We will likely get better after the ASB but its still almost game over for the play-in, and definitely over for reaching the playoffs.

Happy for Keyontes career night. I was hoping he hits 1 more trey to reach 10 and the game winning attempt should have gone to him in this one. Collins getting the ORBER and coughing the pass to the 10th row possibly denied that.

Our defense is just a mountain of flaming garbage. Kessler still does Kessler things inside and Dunn is the one trying to put out the fire in the perimeter but it takes more than 2 guys peeing in the basecamp. Keyonte actually had one of his best defensive games. He ran around chasing Curry and that denied him the volume he needs to get into his deadly rhythm. His 2 pass interceptions in the 2nd half were both good reads, and with the first one he actually sort of hanged back and disguised that he was in position to jump the lane.

Last edited:
Just watch the replay. Was fun to wath even if no defense was played on both sides. We definitly out of play off play-in. And i'm not sure GSW will be good enough to make a run in the PO. Time for rebuild for them will come soon even. It will not be easy to part ways with Klay or Draymond as they are legend there.

Well he should check in cuz that would have been a win. Tough loss. Not sure he checked out so much as likely didn’t have the legs. 3 games in 4 nights. It happens.
Yes, seemed like he just couldn't make a shot for a loooong time (hit his first 3 though, had a few nice assists to open threes, but missing a whole bunch of pretty simple 2pt field goals he usually sinks). Kind of hated the first half (well, mostly because of the 2nd quarter) because it was pretty awful defense, the team (actually both teams) just chucking (well, at least quite open) threes (on the positive side Keyonte was making so many of them - had more Steph Curry in him than the original in this game ;) ). Lauri's game picked up in the fourth and the whole team looked better (pretty often that seems to equal defended better) - no matter what the end result and hopefully Collins gets over the bad turnover in the end. The 4th quarter did look quite promising for the Jazz (I don't think it's often that the Warriors have been held at 20points in the 4th).

Defense is just getting worse. Before opposing guards used to torch us now it’s guys like hachimura, green?! They are not even 3rd or 4th option in their teams.

And we really need Lauri to shoot like he used to be. He mentioned Simone was his shooting buddy in practice I hope he gets over it soon.

I don't think there's been a game this season where I've been more impressed with Lauri. He had a horrific shooting night, even though most of the shots, especially around the rim, were good shots and pretty much his normal selection.

If ever, this was the game to either completely pack it in or be content with setting screens and just floating around the perimeter. But he kept battling and only upped his effort. Also, no frustration, no "woe is me" at any point. Just kept working, working really hard.

Sexton was magnificent. Keyonte was great and flashy on the offensive side, but the defense was at time pretty bad. And at the end he was clearly feeling the minutes, but of course the game didn't provide for him to sit even for a minute.

Collins... yeah. Not good.

Pretty surprised the rotations are still pretty tight. I wonder when Will starts to give out more minutes to Brice/Luka/Kira.

Pretty surprised the rotations are still pretty tight. I wonder when Will starts to give out more minutes to Brice/Luka/Kira.
He won’t. I do think op jr plays instead of THT at some point. Unless there’s an injury those guys won’t play. Especially Kira. I think they’d bring Preston up to get a look first.

He won’t. I do think op jr plays instead of THT at some point. Unless there’s an injury those guys won’t play. Especially Kira. I think they’d bring Preston up to get a look first.
I think they will look at Kira eventually. They seem to be legitimately curious as to what he can show. I think Preston was just a G-League signing for the sake of the G-League team.

I think they will look at Kira eventually. They seem to be legitimately curious as to what he can show. I think Preston was just a G-League signing for the sake of the G-League team.
Ainge was high on both OPJ and Kira when he was with the Celts. I wonder if coach gets a suggestion that Ryan would sure like to see the new kids play some.

Preston is basically averaging a triple double in the G on 50/40/90… he’s worth a look imo. Kira was salary filler.

I just don’t think with the slew of guards we have already that they care very much about Kira. He wouldn’t have been included if he didn’t have to be. I’m pretty sure they had to split it up into two separate deals to make it work too. Leaving him off would have been more ideal but they needed to make the money work.