What's new

Game Thread Feb 20, 2022 06:00PM MT: NBA All Star Game 2022

Added to Calendar: 02-20-22

You can't have horse with dunks. A great dunk has to be something the player has practiced and perfected. Having dudes just try to match dunks will end up in missed dunks.

I also did not watch. I was hoping to get some highlights of Rudy through reading this thread, but seems most people didn't watch. I'm curious how many NBA fans actually watch this game?

I also did not watch. I was hoping to get some highlights of Rudy through reading this thread, but seems most people didn't watch. I'm curious how many NBA fans actually watch this game?
Rudy hardly saw the floor. 6 points I think. I watched for 5 minutes or so of the 2nd quarter and saw 2 of his dunks. Pretty sure his third one was a dunk as well.

Actually, it frequently does stop you from getting covid19.

I don't like people walking around spreading disease.
Not sure where you get your info from, but it doesn’t keep someone that’s vaccinated from getting Covid. What it does do is make it so you are most likely to have mild symptoms. Take it from someone that is vaccinated and has had it twice. And I’ve been vaccinated twice and had the booster shot. Im definitely in favor of being vaccinated but I’m not going to look down on someone that doesn’t want it. They aren’t a bigger threat to the public then someone that is vaccinated

Not sure where you get your info from, but it doesn’t keep someone that’s vaccinated from getting Covid.
I get my information from the CDC. The vaccine reduces the chances of getting covid19 significantly (hence my use of "frequently") in addition to making the disease milder if you do catch it.

What it does do is make it so you are most likely to have mild symptoms.
It also does this. The same shot can do different things in different people's systems.

Take it from someone that is vaccinated and has had it twice. And I’ve been vaccinated twice and had the booster shot. Im definitely in favor of being vaccinated but I’m not going to look down on someone that doesn’t want it. They aren’t a bigger threat to the public then someone that is vaccinated
Even in people who have had covid19, getting the vaccination significantly reduces the chances of re-infection, and again makes subsequent re-infections milder.

Boy that is a sad sad commentary.
I enjoyed the game just fine. I don't expect high quality basketball until the 4th quarter. I don't know mind the guys showing off. They have 82+ games to play hard.

But seeing at halftime all the old dudes (my age) and the even older guys was a lot of fun and brought back a lot of memories from my nearly 40 years of Jazz fandom.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
This might be the first time ever for me that i didnt watch single second of a single event of all star weekend. I even have yet to see even 1 highlight of any of the events.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Rudy had a great 360 dunk you should seek out. The announcers said it was way better than anything in the dunk contest (not that that was hard to beat) and would have got a 50. He had 3 great dunks in his 13 minutes. And 6 rebounds, although he wasn't trying as hard on defense as he usually does in these games. I don't think his wind is all the way back from COVID.

They were begging Morant to be in it next year. He deflected.

Yeah it has reached a point where the stars see it as being beneath them. It is what the unsigned rookies that had a highlight dunk during the season are asked to do. No longer any status associated with it at all. That kind of all died the year Jeremy Evans won it, or thereabouts. Or maybe the year Mitchell refused to defend his title. The year he won was kind of the last year we had anyone of any notoriety in it.

I enjoyed the game just fine. I don't expect high quality basketball until the 4th quarter. I don't know mind the guys showing off. They have 82+ games to play hard.

But seeing at halftime all the old dudes (my age) and the even older guys was a lot of fun and brought back a lot of memories from my nearly 40 years of Jazz fandom.

Yeah that was cool. I watched the highlights. Makes me feel even older. This year marks my 40th year as a die-hard Jazz fan. Crazy. We are only 2 years from the 40th anniversary of John Stockton's draft.

I actually youtubed rudy gobert all star game highlights. There was about a 30 second video. He had a cool 360 dunk in the video.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app