What's new

fesenko sucks

I knew I was being summoned to the board today.

Unfortuantely I think bringing in Favors spelled the end of any potential for Fes in Utah. Even worse is that his other primary suitor (Houston) just shipped in anohter huge project center. Nevertheless I'm convinced he has a future in the league.

Fes is clearly an NBA player with NBA skills who tends to play "too fast" on the offensive end. That's common for players who frankly haven't gotten a lot of NBA experience. When Fes is given minutes he's active and a defensive presence that has a definitive impact. Unfortuantely he frequently gets in an hour and a half after warmups and then gets killed on Jazzfanz because it takes him 2 of his 5 minutes to really get moving again.

Fes showed up this year in the best shape of his career and made an honest effort to develop some offensive moves (we saw baby hook and drop step moves in the preseason and the first few games of the regular season before he promptly disappeared) and was rewarded with nothing. Fes didn't fail the Jazz; the Jazz failed him because work was not rewarded with opportunity despite the "official" team pronouncements on such things.

Or the fact the players in front of him are better and don't foul at an all time NBA rate.

I knew I was being summoned to the board today.

Unfortuantely I think bringing in Favors spelled the end of any potential for Fes in Utah. Even worse is that his other primary suitor (Houston) just shipped in anohter huge project center. Nevertheless I'm convinced he has a future in the league.

Fes is clearly an NBA player with NBA skills who tends to play "too fast" on the offensive end. That's common for players who frankly haven't gotten a lot of NBA experience. When Fes is given minutes he's active and a defensive presence that has a definitive impact. Unfortuantely he frequently gets in an hour and a half after warmups and then gets killed on Jazzfanz because it takes him 2 of his 5 minutes to really get moving again.

Fes showed up this year in the best shape of his career and made an honest effort to develop some offensive moves (we saw baby hook and drop step moves in the preseason and the first few games of the regular season before he promptly disappeared) and was rewarded with nothing. Fes didn't fail the Jazz; the Jazz failed him because work was not rewarded with opportunity despite the "official" team pronouncements on such things.

This is "exhibit a" of the Fes apologist bandwagon that will be in for a wake-up call once he starts bouncing from city to city after leaving the Jazz.

i have no idea why half the poeple on this site think this guy is good?! he sucks, hes horrible! nothing more than a dleaguer. are jazz fans really that supid? this guy shouldnt even be in the nba
7'1 300 + lbs and soft as hell, cant box out cant shoot cant jump!

...I agree with you 100%! I am one of the few non-stupid Jazz fans!!!

I'll take a useless Fes over a useless Memo Ogur any day of the week.

So you would take 2 ppg, 2 rpg, .3 bpg, basically 0 asst per game over 15 ppg (Memos averages with utah, career 13) and 7 rpg and 2 asst per game? Not to mention 38% career 3pt % (46% 2 years ago) and 80% ft%? Really?

Say all you want about per 48, but per 48 presumes the player could actually play 48 min. Fes fouls at what 11 per 48 rate or something like that? If he can't stay on the floor he can't do us any good. If Memo can come back close to 100% he is far preferable to Fess.

So you would take 2 ppg, 2 rpg, .3 bpg, basically 0 asst per game over 15 ppg (Memos averages with utah, career 13) and 7 rpg and 2 asst per game? Not to mention 38% career 3pt % (46% 2 years ago) and 80% ft%? Really?

Say all you want about per 48, but per 48 presumes the player could actually play 48 min. Fes fouls at what 11 per 48 rate or something like that? If he can't stay on the floor he can't do us any good. If Memo can come back close to 100% he is far preferable to Fess.

Even worse when you consider his stats since Jan 5th excluding the Sacramento game. Since Jan 5, excluding Sac game, Fes is getting 1.3 ppg (34 fg%, 57 ft%), 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg, 0.1 spg and 0.2 bpg in 7.0 mpg (on average)

Also look at the reasoning before when it came to Fes and playing time. The largest argument was it was a Fes/Sloan personality conflict and I think there was definitely truth to that. That said why hasn't the situation improved now that coach Ty is the coach? Perhaps coach Ty is seeing the same antics and lack of motivation as Jerry and Phil did. 7' 1" gets you 100% of the way outside of the NBA but at most 90% of the way and the rest needs to be work in the NBA and it isn't there. Point being he could simply show up in his previous Ukrainian basketball league games and be allowed to play and not so much anymore.

He's slow, tall, and white. Why is this a surprise???

It isn't a surprise. It's a disappointment. With the heart/effort of a milsap he could be an all-star but instead 2 packs a day, an affinity for Jack Daniels/Coke and way too much beer keeps him buried on the bench. He has no one to blame but himself.

I think Fesenko is done in Utah after this year. Hopefully after he signs with another team and fails to get off of their bench the Fesenko apologists will finally realize that he's never been that good to being with.

Just like every other Jazz fan- I spent some time waiting/hoping for him to come around but it's obvious at this point that he's not improving like he should. I'm pretty sure it stems from his "meh" type of attitude. I don't buy the whole lack of playing time argument either. The dude has had offseasons of playing international ball and didn't seem to refine any of his skills there.

Simply putting him in and hoping he comes around doesn't seem like a sound strategy at this point.

See...Koufos, Kosta. Same thing w/ him.

I'm talking about current Memo. The one that tried to play earlier this season was just terrible in every facet of the game. I'd take a Fes over that particular Memo. Of course I am not comparing Fes with the Memo of yesteryear.

I'm talking about current Memo. The one that tried to play earlier this season was just terrible in every facet of the game. I'd take a Fes over that particular Memo. Of course I am not comparing Fes with the Memo of yesteryear.

OK well everyone would take Fess over an injured Memo getting no PT. That is kind of obvious.

I think they need to sit Memo until he can play again for real. He needs to not rush back from such an injury.

That said Memo at 70% trumps Fess, imo.