What's new

FIBA Stuff

Damn what are the odds we see a next-level break-out year after a break-out most improved year? I would love to see Lauri take that one more step into elite territory. I could see him being a top 10 player at some point. The true unicorn that Porz was supposed to be. Damn this will be a fun season.

Lauri with a great dunk and few nice full-court drives but otherwise meh game - but just a training game. His timing and delivery with passing when facing double-teams was bad - one of the biggest things we want him to become better on this 23-24 season.

24pts, 7rbs and 3asts

It looks like he shot like crap but salvaged it by going 10-10 from the free throw line.
Thanks

I just noticed this stat. Finland shot 3% better from 2, 9% better from 3, but they were just about even in total shooting percentage. How weird. (And, yeah, I understand it, but it is funny to see.)

1691195324560.png

Teams to watch (with current and former Jazzmen):

USA (Walker Kessler)
Philippines (Jordan Clarkson)
Finland (Lauri Markkanen)
Italy (Simone Fontecchio)
Canada (Kelly Olynyk)

Australia (Joe Ingles)
France (Rudy Gobert)
Brazil (Raul Neto)
Spain (Ricky Rubio)
Canada (Nickeil Alexander-Walker)

Any others?

Last edited:
Lauri had some first game rust on him, but he is in great shape. Lithuania is no joke as an opponent, so it was a good start to preparing towards world cup

View: https://youtu.be/tJoxOPXTgM0

Lauri looks like in great shape AND he was running with confidence. Starting to look like he KNOWS he’s the best player on the floor. His transition game & coast to coast was pretty damn impressive for his first game back. I’m going to predict that last year was no fluke and he’s going to continue getting better for the Jazz.

Teams to watch (with current and former Jazzmen):

USA (Walker Kessler)
Philippines (Jordan Clarkson)
Finland (Lauri Markkanen)
Italy (Simone Fontecchio)
Canada (Kelly Olynyk)

Australia (Joe Ingles)
France (Rudy Gobert)
Brazil (Raul Neto)
Spain (Ricky Rubio)
Canada (Nickeil Alexander-Walker)

Any others?