What's new

FIBA Stuff

Germany beat Finland 101-75.

Lauri 12 pts, 3/11, 2 reb, -23
Shroeder otoh has been fantastic.
Aside from some of this tournament stuff I'm expecting a bit of a drop off from Lauri this year. It's pretty common to have a bit of a let up after a break out year. Plus this year everyone will be gunning for him. I think you're seeing a bit of it this summer. Just hope it isn't too much of a drop off.

Aside from some of this tournament stuff I'm expecting a bit of a drop off from Lauri this year. It's pretty common to have a bit of a let up after a break out year. Plus this year everyone will be gunning for him. I think you're seeing a bit of it this summer. Just hope it isn't too much of a drop off.
this is the most realistic scenario.

if he just duplicates what he did last year, we should all be thrilled.

Pretty crazy Lauri only got off 11 shots. For those that watched the game, what happened?

I'm guessing a Finnish team that was already eliminated just didn't show up.
Unfortunately I missed that game due to work obligations. Hopefully @Step-Back Hook or @Swuul or someone can enlighten us both.

I have a fairly good idea what the game might have looked like based on the first 2, but would rather not speculate.

Not a great shooting day for Jazzmen.

KO 5/13
JC 8/20
Simone 5/17
Lauri 3/11
Olynyk's shot wasn't falling, but he was otherwise great - took a while for Shai to work himself into the game, and Kelly's steady play allowed Canada to keep it close-ish until Latvia ran out of steam (and boy did they ever...). Latvia was still up 10 with 3:05 left in the 2nd quarter, and ended up losing by 26.

Canada's +111 margin through 3 games looks better than it is - they won't be able to come back from their slow starts against better teams.

Olynyk's shot wasn't falling, but he was otherwise great - took a while for Shai to work himself into the game, and Kelly's steady play allowed Canada to keep it close-ish until Latvia ran out of steam (and boy did they ever...). Latvia was still up 10 with 3:05 left in the 2nd quarter, and ended up losing by 26.

Canada's +111 margin through 3 games looks better than it is - they won't be able to come back from their slow starts against better teams.
How many "better teams" are in the tournament this year? Canada has already beat the best non-American team. I think they will probably be just fine against anyone not named USA, slow start or not.

is this Rokas Jokubaitis guy affiliated with any nba team? 6'4" pg, adequate athleticism, 22 years old, averaging 15 ppg, 4 rebs 5 assists on 50, 47, 100 shooting splits. sample size is an issue, but at 22, he could be worth a look.

Pretty crazy Lauri only got off 11 shots. For those that watched the game, what happened?

I'm guessing a Finnish team that was already eliminated just didn't show up.
Eliminated in the 1-16 classification. They will still compete but will be 17th at best which to some doesn’t matter. Germany is 6-0 since last year it’s a tough bracket.