What's new

FIBA World Cup

Mongoose

Australia vs Slovenia Aug 30th, hopefully this will be televised and we can see Exum in action some more. Be interesting to see how Exum matches up against Dragic.

During last night's game they mentioned that Exum wasn't going to be on the men's team but instead on the U-20 team.

Did I hear that incorrectly? Can anyone confirm who Exum will be playing for?

He's listed on the Australian Fiba World Cup roster, although I don't think the rosters are complete/final yet.

During last night's game they mentioned that Exum wasn't going to be on the men's team but instead on the U-20 team.

Yeah I heard the announcers mention this, they said it's exciting for Exum to be on the Men's National Team opposed to the U-18, U-19 team for once.

Some other things that I'm keeping my eyes on.

1.) Does Gordon Hayward make the U. S. team?
If he does make it, then does that partly validate the faith that the Jazz have in him?

2.) How well will the Croatia national team do?
There's a bunch of guys on that team that intrigue me. Dario Saric (76ers), Bogdan Bogdanovic (Suns), Mario Hezjona (one of my favorite players in next year's draft) and of course Ante Tomic (who the Jazz should be brining over this upcoming season.) Part of me hopes they do really well and that Tomic, in particular, stands out. I'd really love to see the Jazz bring him over, and a good showing might speed up that process.

3.) How will Exum and Neto perform?
I can see these two bring a Jazz tag-team duo at PG in the future. Right now, they're both raw and inexperienced. I'd like to see them both get on the floor and do good things, even if their teams aren't as strong as others.

4.) Will Kanter play for Turkey?
He's recovering from his platelet treatment, but has sent out some mixed signals on if he's going to compete or not. I don't really care much if he does, but if he decides that he's healthy enough to do so, I'll be interested in how he looks. This is a critical year for Enes, and I hope he's ready to deliver on all that potential.

Some other things that I'm keeping my eyes on.

1.) Does Gordon Hayward make the U. S. team?
If he does make it, then does that partly validate the faith that the Jazz have in him?

It's funny... The U.S. national team averages are 6'7" and 24 years old. Hayward should fit right in... Hopefully he isn't too average.

He will be playing for mens team anx he will be playing starters minutes. Australia has very few guards.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Delly and Exum should be an interesting pairing. Have they ever played together? Cleveland needs to trade Delladova to Utah.

Reactions: MVP
This might come in handy

How to watch full Australian FIBA games

Bensational wrote:go to*LiveBasketball.tv, sign up (it's free), go to Video On-Demand, then in the navbar on the side select FIBA>World. Then do a search for Australia, and it should bring up two of Exum's games on the first page.

Only you. I'd love to see him play with Noah. If he can absorb some of Noah's intensity that would be very beneficial for his growth.

I think Gobert comes by that intensity naturally. Dude has a mean streak. I expect really big things from the kid if he can add some more lower body weight (he was getting pushed to the floor by smaller guys in SL), make his free throws, and show continued improvement with catching the ball in the post and on move.