What's new

FIFA World Cup 2018

Well, Peru dreams are over. Talented squad, but not yet ready for the big stage. Maybe in Qatar they will have better luck.

Going home. Close game. Should have won against Denmark, which we deserved. Dominated France in the second half but couldnt create enough opportunities. This group is tough. Australia is also good. No ****** teams like Saudi Arabia

Well, Peru dreams are over. Talented squad, but not yet ready for the big stage. Maybe in Qatar they will have better luck.
Yeah, altough qualifying in South America is hard. It's a young, talented team that isnt afraid of anyone. They play their game, plays hard. It's like my Jazz. Good things to come.

Fair enough. As of now, games would be too long. On a average game, 'effective play' is around 60 minutes.

Thus, two halves of 30 min have been discussed. Disagree that the only change would be more time awareness (which is not perceived as an issue) and that everything would remain the same. I think how teams manage time, gameplays and tactics could be affected (maybe for good!). I guess fans and authorities don't feel the system is broken therefore why fix it. Someone posted FIFA is reluctant to innovate and that is generally true. I will think about pros/cons.
I mean dont change anything at all other than instead of having someone (the official im assuming is the one that decides the stoppage time) secretly stop time for a foul/out of bounds/etc have them stop time in a fashion that everyone can see. That way there is transparency.
The current system could have an official add more stoppage time than actually took place to help the losing time or add less stoppage time to help the winning team. I think that is too much control for a person to have on the game since an official, like anyone else, could be bias.
Also, currently no one really knows exactly when the game is going to end so strategy could be effected by the not knowing. I mean what if there was 30 seconds left in a close game and the teams thought that there was one minute and thirty seconds left? Wouldn't that effect the urgency of the situation?

Should have won against Denmark, which we deserved.

You deserved a tie, I will give you that, but a win? No way. Denmark scored a goal and had two more 100% chances to put it away. So you can't say you deserved to win, not like refs robbed you of anything.

Sucks for Peru, they deserved a tie both games.
Denmark was disappointing again. Take Eriksen out and I am not sure they look like a team. I expected more from Sisto.

You deserved a tie, I will give you that, but a win? No way. Denmark scored a goal and had two more 100% chances to put it away. So you can't say you deserved to win, not like refs robbed you of anything.
Refs were fine, it was called fairly. Denmark had clear chances after Peru went all in. But Peru could have secured the game in the first half (including that penalty), it was the better team. And missed lots of chances in the second. Not taking away Denmark goal, which is what counts. But Peru displayed better football and had more chances

Last edited:
I mean what if there was 30 seconds left in a close game and the teams thought that there was one minute and thirty seconds left? Wouldn't that effect the urgency of the situation?
players know how much time is left. And basically at that point (30 or 90 sec left) players either are at full attack mode or defending like hell. Time is not as precious as basketball or american football. Lots of things can happen in basket with 3 sec left. In football its quite unlikely. But sure, maybe they can always display time in the stadium (they do it sometimes)

Sampaoli will have a heart attack.

This is the worst Argentinian team in decades. Embarrasing. They were fortunate to qualify. They needed Messi going Sayayin in the last match against Ecuador to qualify

lol what a nice spanking Argentina received... If Iceland beats Nigeria Argentina is out lol.

Sucks for Peru, they deserved a tie both games.
Denmark was disappointing again. Take Eriksen out and I am not sure they look like a team. I expected more from Sisto.
Agree, Danes look not the best so far. Sisto is making a lot of strange decisions, sometimes instead of passing he tries to dribble and sometimes when there is clear opportunity to take his man of the dribble and create something he just passes back...Not sure what is up with them but they play bellow their abilities so far. Maybe that 17 game streak without losing does it to you, you need some loses to make you hungry...

lol what a nice spanking Argentina received... If Iceland beats Nigeria Argentina is out lol.
You are being too nice. That wasnt spanking but obliteration. I hope Argentina is eliminated. They are broken, need a shakeup.

Did you notice the ending? Sampaoli going alone to the locker room. Messi too. Aguero alone in the bench. No one cares for others.

Last edited:
Reactions: MVP
Did you noticed the ending? Sampaoli going alone to the locker room. Messi too. Aguero alone in the bench. No one cares for others.

Yup, not a good team chemistry for sure. On the other hand they know what is awaiting at home after they will fail to get out of the group. What would make it more interesting if Iceland and Nigeria ties leaving them a chance and they lose to Nigeria or tie lol..

Absolutely ridiculous behaviours by the Argentinians after it was clear that they've lost.

Messi's captaincy and team is really a big 'Mess'.

Freaking stupid penalty. Poulsen had his back turned to the shot, so he did not see the ball, it can't be intentional handling, should be accidental contact, play on.... only thing refs may have going that he made himself bigger by having arm in unnatural position.. but that does not deserve a yellow card. Poor decision in my opinion.

Giving that a yellow was nuts, I was stunned. I didn’t think it was really worth a penalty let alone a yellow. Lucky us.