What's new

Finnisher doesn’t make All-Star Team:

My first impression of this list is that they really need to get rid of the "12 players per conference" and just get the best 24 players regardless of conference.

The Clippers taking two spots (deservedly) really keeps him from getting a spot. As mentioned Sabonis really deserves a slot too.

Maybe it motivates him and becomes a good thing.
We have find ways to get him more involved in the offense.

Kinda screwed up we get two Lakers and Curry from a subpar Golden State team and a Sacramento player cannot get a sniff. The all star game is a joke.
Has been for well over a decade.

Its "the names you know" party sprinkled in with few guys with high surprise factor (either improved numbers, or overperforming team).

Last year Lauri got in due to home game + surprise factor + strong campaign (including making a concerted effort to push up his numbers on the court). The 49 point game against Houston in January was also big as it got noticed.

This year he hasnt had that game and the surprise factor isnt there anymore, so Kawhi and George both get in despite being around the same numbers.

No surprise there. Lauri is behind the guy pick up. No Rudy as well as he is DPOY level but no one care about defense for the ASG. It's just a show,. I watch few years ago and stop to do it as i have zero interest in it.

I originally thought that if we had a top 6 record by the time of the coaches vote that Lauri would get in, but after seeing the list I don't think it would have made a difference.