What's new

Finnisher doesn’t make All-Star Team:

This feels like the deepest crop of stars that the west has ever had. My first thought was how in the hell the kings don't get an all star and then I look at the reserves and every guy is also worthy. I think I would have gone with Sabonis or Fox over Paul George but he is also very worthy of being an all star this year.

Without Lauri playing I won't feel the need to watch it. That's a real benefit for me because calling it a game is ridiculous. A game has legitimate competition. This should be called the all star show, and generally not a good one at that.

Now is as good a time as any to to give props to the Italian artist Bernini. He is recognized for creating the Baroque style of sculpture around 400 years ago. Apparently he proved to be quite the clairvoyant. Legend has it that he foresaw the creation of an odd game played with a ball and a net, and of one its particularly fearless and determined participants, one Lauri Markkanen, indicating a Nordic origin, he reasoned, and possessing a catch and shoot deadlier than the plague. Catch and shoot? he wondered. What is this devilry? Still, irrevocably inspired, he began working on this sculpture in 1623, completing it in 8 months. Just a few months longer than an NBA season, he thought, and then reportedly cried out, "NBA season?! Il diavolo mi ha preso!" Ultimately he named the sculpture David. But that is beside the point.

Enjoy!

What Is the Statue of David Holding

Last edited:
Without Lauri playing I won't feel the need to watch it. That's a real benefit for me because calling it a game is ridiculous. A game has legitimate competition. This should be called the all star show, and generally not a good one at that.
Agree. Announcers will gush over Lebron and Curry all game and deservedly so but it gets tiresome.
At least they stopped with the team captains picking their friends.
I hope Halliburton gets mvp love that player but whatev.

Agree. Announcers will gush over Lebron and Curry all game and deservedly so but it gets tiresome.
At least they stopped with the team captains picking their friends.
I hope Halliburton gets mvp love that player but whatev.
The NBA has, hands down, the worst media class of any sports league in the United States. Of all of the commentators or talking heads, only a handful actually provide any insight or reason for any team not located in LA, New York, or Boston to tune in.

Lakers and golden state get their guys in because of their legacy. If you took the names off the jerseys they likely don't get in due to their teams standings even though they have great stats. Lauri is playing great but the Jazz aren't winning enough to get him in.

Damn you Lauri I had decided not to watch any allstar weekend stuff. No one in the game or dunk or 3pt contests. Now I hear Lauri is in now I have to watch the skills comp and shooting comp as well. Damn!! At least I can turn the dunk contest off as that is usually last.