What's new

Fit next to Lauri

The Jazz Wonderbra

Watching the finals has reminded me the importance of FIT. Stockton and Malone. Jordan and Pippen. Murray and Jokic. Butler and Bam. To a lessor degree Tatum and Brown. The splash Brothers.

Many top contenders and championship teams have 2 guys who have grown together and can play off extremely well of each other at the highest level. Often times the championship formula involves complimentary pick and roll players or a ball dominant superstar and an extremely complimentary versatile defender. The Lakers had a different recipe with Kobe + 3 x 7 footers. The Spurs had Tim Duncan and Ginobli/Parker which doesn't feel like a perfect match but it sure worked.

What type of player(s) is the best fit next to Lauri? A dominant score first wing? A bouncy point guard who can take over games and score at all 3 levels? Another matchup concern that is also 7' and a 2 way player?

Once you feel a certain type of player is the best fit next to Lauri, then I think that changes what you do in the draft. Trade up, trade out, or pick at your spot. Do you grab a veteran instead?

I kind of like the idea of 3 x 7 footers with Lauri and Kessler being 2 of the 3. It worked for the Lakers but they had Kobe and I dont know that we will get the next Kobe in this draft.

Or maybe we are grabbing two of the most complimentary players with our 2 picks and not worried about Lauri timeline because he is extremely marketable.

What TYPE of player in the league or draft would you pair with Lauri that would FIT and give us championship pedigree?

Last edited:
Jason Kidd and Dirk Nowitzki was a fantastic pairing. Lauri could be the next Dirk. Is there a modern day Jason Kidd in the draft to pair with Lauri? Anthony Black?

The nIce thing about Lauri is he fits in with just about anybody. I think he will be better next to some top level play making. I also think you don't want a super ball dominant star next to him or he might revert back to a lower usage player.

He needs players to set him up and take some pressure off of him and a bruising rim protector (check).

He should probably be a 2nd or even 3rd option (the best in the league) since he hasn’t shown great creation chops, nor is he a great passer. I’m sure he’ll develop that some, but if he’s still high on the pecking order and he’s not facing the toughest scouting/scheme/attention and being spoon-fed then look out.

He needs players to set him up and take some pressure off of him and a bruising rim protector (check).

He should probably be a 2nd or even 3rd option (the best in the league) since he hasn’t shown great creation chops, nor is he a great passer. I’m sure he’ll develop that some, but if he’s still high on the pecking order and he’s not facing the toughest scouting/scheme/attention and being spoon-fed then look out.

I don't think 3rd option would utilize Lauri enough. His advantage is his incredible efficiency and you don't want too many players taking shots away from him. I think Lauri has shown he can still be efficient even when facing a lot of defensive attention.

I think you want a big wing 1st option scorer. Kobe was brought up. Someone like that (which of course is kind of a pipe dream to get another kobe but that type of player. Tatum fits the mold as well. You can see where im going)

HotRod made a point that lauri fits with anyone and everyone so just get another top end scorer to get closer to having a super team. I think the best way to win a title is to have the best players regardless. Right now I dont see Lauri as a true alpha. i would be looking for that.

Jason Kidd and Dirk Nowitzki was a fantastic pairing. Lauri could be the next Dirk. Is there a modern day Jason Kidd in the draft to pair with Lauri? Anthony Black?

Lets not do this with Kidd comparisons lol. Kidd is an other worldly passer and an amazing defender. May have had the best hands I've seen growing up. If the ball is in his area its his now... let's just not do this.

Lets not do this with Kidd comparisons lol. Kidd is an other worldly passer and an amazing defender. May have had the best hands I've seen growing up. If the ball is in his area its his now... let's just not do this.
Did I do it or did the person who coached both players and knows them better than anyone on this board do it?

The answer to every questions about player fit is always Paul George (or a Paul George type).

For reals I don't worry too much about fit with Lauri. It'd be nice to have an elite passer to put next to him and Walker. I think they have a lot of options because Lauri is one of those fit guys himself... where he works in so many situations.

Did I do it or did the person who coached both players and knows them better than anyone on this board do it?
Not even JHS mom or Anthony Blacks mom should do it. I do not care that the man coached them... sorry.

Another really good player. It doesn't really matter the rest. Mix and match a bunch of those great players listed above and it's still great combos. Maybe outside of putting two Stockton/kidd type players. But that isn't Lauri so give me any elite player.