What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

I may be the only guy on Valentine Island right now, but I'd also be happy with him. We need more shooters and he can do that.

There are a few of us on Valentine Island. If we did as previously mentioned and traded for Boston's two later first-rounders we could likely get Valentine and someone at 23. And this would likely be a trade Boston would do as they have twelve guys under contract for next season as well as the third pick and five 2nd round picks (including 31 and 35).

Anybody else hating this draft? I feel like it has the potential to be as bad as the 2013 draft. I have very few favorites and a lot of meh players in this one...

I actually enjoy it. It's got tons of rotation players, just isn't top heavy at all. There's Simmons, Ingram and a bunch of question marks. I think it's a lot more fun to evaluate, and it's the kind of draft where it really shows who has the best scouts/drafting GM.

There are a few of us on Valentine Island. If we did as previously mentioned and traded for Boston's two later first-rounders we could likely get Valentine and someone at 23. And this would likely be a trade Boston would do as they have twelve guys under contract for next season as well as the third pick and five 2nd round picks (including 31 and 35).

Yeah... them or Denver with 15 and 19. Generally don't think teams want that many rookies unless they are the Sixers.

If Luwawu or Ellenson were available I'd likely just select them and go home... if not go for two picks and hope to hit on one.

There seems to be some smoke to the Malachi Richardson fire - Tony Jones reported that the Jazz interviewed him at combine, now Chad Ford has the Jazz taking a hard look at him at 12.

Anybody else hating this draft? I feel like it has the potential to be as bad as the 2013 draft. I have very few favorites and a lot of meh players in this one...

I think it'll be like 2011 where some of the picks from 3-10 will look questionable and some of the picks from 11-20 will look better.

If I was drafting 3-9ish I think it is a bit disappointing. I think we are in a good spot though. 12th pick historically hasn't been great. If we land a good bench player or player with starting potential it's a win. Also, think there will be opportunities to move back or forward because the flatness of the draft after the first two picks. This draft may resemble the 2013 draft if you threw out the top 2 guys.

Depending on what is available I'd strongly consider moving back. Looking at DX today... they had Ellenson and Luwawu available at 12. If we came away with either of those guys I'd be pretty happy. I may be the only guy on Valentine Island right now, but I'd also be happy with him. We need more shooters and he can do that.

Interesting Ford does not have Luwawu in his top 30 anymore. I have looked at some of the boxscores recently and they have not been all that great. Matter of fact there might be two guys who might potentially go before him on the same team Zubac and Zagorac.

Interesting Ford does not have Luwawu in his top 30 anymore. I have looked at some of the boxscores recently and they have not been all that great. Matter of fact there might be two guys who might potentially go before him on the same team Zubac and Zagorac.

Where are those box scores? Googled on phone but can't get stats.

There seems to be some smoke to the Malachi Richardson fire - Tony Jones reported that the Jazz interviewed him at combine, now Chad Ford has the Jazz taking a hard look at him at 12.

Seems like a reach... Hopefully theyd trade back and get other assets if that their guy.

It's interesting how different DX and Ford are this year. I think Elenson is too low on DX and Luwawu is way too low on Ford's top 100. Lot's of interesting guys in between 10-30. Only a few I would not be happy with.