What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

BJ compared to Burks is fair. Young is more natural as a catch & shoot player, with a wicked jab &go + step-back to set it up. that translates to his mid-range game... burks not so much.

i wont vouch for his pg skills like i would burks, but hes capable of drawing help in the lane, faking a floater and throwing a crisp bounce pass to a wide open big for a dunk. i think hes a great fit to groom as foye's understudy/replacement.

EDIT: Thanks PKM. my first rep point!

I know everyone wants Burke. But I'm starting to think he will be long gone by the time we pick. It seems that while he won't be the first PG off the board, many people think he will be the best. His stock is just going to continue to rise, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the top ten. I think he is a very good fit for the Jazz, but seeing as we have no players under contracts and thus no assets, I'm not sure how we move up for him. The obvious answer would be to use both our draft picks. I hope that's enough....

I know everyone wants Burke. But I'm starting to think he will be long gone by the time we pick. It seems that while he won't be the first PG off the board, many people think he will be the best. His stock is just going to continue to rise, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the top ten. I think he is a very good fit for the Jazz, but seeing as we have no players under contracts and thus no assets, I'm not sure how we move up for him. The obvious answer would be to use both our draft picks. I hope that's enough....

Don't do it.

BJ compared to Burks is fair. Young is more natural as a catch & shoot player, with a wicked jab &go + step-back to set it up. that translates to his mid-range game... burks not so much.

i wont vouch for his pg skills like i would burks, but hes capable of drawing help in the lane, faking a floater and throwing a crisp bounce pass to a wide open big for a dunk. i think hes a great fit to groom as foye's understudy/replacement.

EDIT: Thanks PKM. my first rep point!

I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way, just that when I watch him, I get a major Burks vibe. Better stroke from the outside for sure, and a little bit longer for his position in some ways. All I really mean is I don't think he'd be a great fit on a team that already has Burks. I think we either need a guy who is truly explosive with great D (Bledsoe type) or a real distributor.

you dont find BJ to be explosive enough? apparently he scores 26% of his points in transition, and averages 1.44points per possession on catch and shoots.id ask you check the 2:30 mark of the scouting vid i posted, last page. hes leaving multiple defenders flat-footed, in the dust from halfcourt. that jab step is... impressive.

i dont find BJ redundant to burks at-all, (i view burks as a pg). burks is more of your rebounding, bully type guard who just happens to be explosive and agile, i want the ball in his hands initiating offense.(backup pg role)

i see Youngs niche in the nba more in the realm of the halfcourt/off-the-ball/spacer/6th man type (eventually an austin rivers at duke style assassin) who also just so happens to excel in transition.

randy foyes understudy.

EDIT; also i love the idea of P+R with burks, or just a screen to get him loose. bj doesnt need a screen at all.

Last edited:
^^ :rolleyes:

when "keeping it real" goes wrong.

id post the 2 minute chappelle skit im referencing, if it wasnt laced with profanity. (thats frowned upon here, right?)

ok I want to know who says Burke is going to be the best pg in this crop? seriously don't just drop random crap. what I am reading on espn and SI among other publications is smart is being projected as the best of the crop followed by McW, when it comes to the pro game. Burke is the best pg in college but a lot of pundits don't think his game will translate to the pros. he is also been holding steady in the late teens most of the year. I would be surprised if Burke went top 10.

some of us here feel with the make up pf this team burke's leadership would make him the best fit. that in my opinion is what makes him the best fit. McW great passer but doesn't run the team or lead very well. smart great defender but awful asst to to's.

and please don't give up 2 firsts to draft him.

i think its fairly safe to assume Smart and MCW are off the board in the top 10, Historically speaking if teams dont think tall pg's suck during workouts, they trend up last minute. (look what happened to lillard last year)

smart and mcw do not suck.

the Kings and Pistons at 8 + 10 both make lots of sense... in the teens before us are many teams with legit young PG's so burke could very well fall to the GSW pick(dont want em, dont need em imo. i much prefer BJ young)

i think Smart is going top 5. that game where he took it to kansas was the best solo performance ive seen this year in CBB. if that happens burke could go earlier then we are expecting.

You know what kind of people get used to being seen as a buffoon? Buffoons.

Bro... seriously, do you enjoy that? Do you enjoy digging up stuff like this to hurt others? I mean what does this actually achieve?

I know I'm not the smartest tool in the shed, but I never claim to be. Can't you accept that there are people who have different mental capacity to you?

Bro... seriously, do you enjoy that? Do you enjoy digging up stuff like this to hurt others? I mean what does this actually achieve?

I know I'm not the smartest tool in the shed, but I never claim to be. Can't you accept that there are people who have different mental capacity to you?

no worries because I am the smartest and if you don't believe me just ak me. :confused:

COLLEGE GAMEDAY

Tomorrow (Saturday) at 7pm (Mtn) on ESPN - Kentucky vs. Missouri

Should be a good game between two teams with lots of talent and fighting to make the tournament.

But most of all, catch some potential 2013 draftees! ;)

But most of all, catch some potential 2013 draftees! ;)

this maybe presumptuous but when i read this i think the 2 on-the-fence guys, WCS and Harrow, will declare after this season..

if somehow, something crazy happened, like a 4 game winning streak and we moved up in the standings enough to where the Jazz pick is solidly in the 20's, is harrow a worthy gamble? or has he deteriorated his value to a definite 2nd rounder... seems like the type of kid who will blow away scouts in work-outs.

this maybe presumptuous but when i read this i think the 2 on-the-fence guys, WCS and Harrow, will declare after this season..

if somehow, something crazy happened, like a 4 game winning streak and we moved up in the standings enough to where the Jazz pick is solidly in the 20's, is harrow a worthy gamble? or has he deteriorated his value to a definite 2nd rounder... seems like the type of kid who will blow away scouts in work-outs.

No, Ryan Harrow sucks. Kabongo > Harrow.