What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

The package of Millsap + Burks + 2 picks for Shabazz is WAY too much. I personally think the Jazz need more than one player from this draft. The Jazz have like seven free agents. THere is no way they are going to bring back more than one or two maybe three. So I would rather draft young guys (low pay) with potential than bring in retreads like Marvin Williams, Watson, Tinsley etc.

Play the young guys bring back Carroll and Millsap (reasonable price) then draft a PG (who may be a starter or backup - the Jazz need new backups who can shoot). With our second pick get a third big or BPA at SF/SG, then play the kids to see who has more talent instead of potential. If the Jazz are lucky they can find a few more missing pieces or they can package young player(s) with Millsap to get a top pick next year 2014 or trade for the Harden type player). This seems more plausible because Millsap will be under contract, the Jazz will have a ton of cap space to MAX out a superstar type player that has proven he is a MAX type player and the young pieces will be more experienced.

Now I know I am making a big leap of faith in hoping that both draft picks are NBA type players but right now few teams are wanting to take on salary and unproven young players. Right now the Jazz cannot S&T Millsap, they have to wait until after the draft.

It is a concern but remember the kid is what 19 years old and has been told he is the greatest thing since slice bread. The NBA has a way of humbling a player but it is too earlier to say the kid is a complete knucklehead. However, his reaction to the winning shot should certainly open up your eyes to the possibility that he is a more me player than a team player. If there are other incidents then I would certainly not have anything to do with him.

Not buying the "give the kid a chance" routine. Most people, in my opinion, tend to grow into their traits, not out of them. 19 is old enough to have knew better.

Not buying the "give the kid a chance" routine. Most people, in my opinion, tend to grow into their traits, not out of them. 19 is old enough to have knew better.

Besides that I personally have never seen such a thing at any level. I'm not a complete junkie though. Has anyone else seen anything like that?

PKM, Ford has Isaiah Austin at #20 right now. Does that actually seem accurate from what you've heard? I'd be giddy, if fell to us. He'll take a few years to adjust to the NBA game, but the upside is definitely there.

Snagging Austin would be crazy. He will be over 7'1" in shoes and has a handle and a jump shot. His frame is broad enough I think 250 will be doable for him.

A recent comparison video done on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgQ6wIivW7o

If McLemore played like this every day...assertive, looking for his own offense...he's the top player in the draft.

As for the question of the jazz record with a burks, hayward, favors, kanter starting lineup.... i think we would win about 42 games and just miss the playoffs finishing 9th or 10 in the west..... basically i think would be right about as good as portland is right now. (of course i believe in our youth more than most do)

I this is close to accurate. I have a feeling that there will be an injury to an important player for the Jazz next year.

anyone else think McCullum is this years lillard?

they are so similar in their games, have similar weaknesses.

my pg ranking right now (no smart out of our range) - Burke, McCullum, McW, young, walter, brown, kabongo.

I'm watching the OKst and Texas game today and Kabongo is terrible. Weak handle, not quick enough to get to the rim, can't shoot. He looked great against Oklahoma, but Smart and Markel Brown are dominating him.

I'm watching the OKst and Texas game today and Kabongo is terrible. Weak handle, not quick enough to get to the rim, can't shoot. He looked great against Oklahoma, but Smart and Markel Brown are dominating him.

Im not seeing it in Kabongo either.

anyone else think McCullum is this years lillard?

they are so similar in their games, have similar weaknesses.

my pg ranking right now (no smart out of our range) - Burke, McCullum, McW, young, walter, brown, kabongo.

I started the McCollum bandwagon, and while he may have some similarities, I don't see him being on Lillard's level. He doesn't have the same build or athleticism; is a step behind in distributing the ball (3 APG compared to Lillard's 4 APG senior year); and is more turnover prone. I also haven't seen enough of McCollum to judge if he has the same intangibles of Lillard, but my gut says he doesn't.

Having said all that, McCollum could still turn out to be a real steal in the mid to late teens (where he's predicted to go). I'd be excited, if we got him.

Kabongo has been pretty good since he came back.

18.6 PPG / 4.4 RPG / 4.4 APG

If the 2014 draft wasn't so bad ***, I'd say he should stay another year and prove to scouts he can make it in the NBA. Maybe he still should?

I'm talking about a selfish scorer type player who'll never really "get" the team concept.

Ok then worst case, he's Glenn Robinson (the senior one in the same draft class as Grant Hill), better case would be Joe Johnson. Another guy who was a little too hyped, coddled and played in LA would be OJ Mayo. It sounds like he doesn't have the most positive attitude.

It's been mentioned, but I think McCollum's game should translate nicely to the NBA: great shooter, good feel, good court awareness. As a prospect he's not that far behind Brad Beal IMO, just a tad less size and athleticism.