What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

If this is true, then tell me what your opinion on Archie Goodwin is. Mine is that he's still one of the top dozen talents in this draft, that he might be the best player in this draft at breaking down a defense, and that he was playing out of position on a Kentucky team that just wasn't very good on offense.

Catchall, I like your list of potential draftees. I would probably add Gobert, Bullock, or Ennis to the list.

Len should be #1, Cavs should only be considering him or Porter unless they want to think about trading one chucker (Waiters) for another (McLemore) possible I guess-- I heard that Waiters is really one dimensional and was kind of a pain last season.

Len for Favors? No.

I think the jazz could trade one of the 4, but I think Favors is the least likely. I could be way off, they might be shoping Favors right now. The thing is we have seen so little of the 4 and the Jazz have been pretty quite about their opinions, so we are just guessing.

Len should be #1, Cavs should only be considering him or Porter unless they want to think about trading one chucker (Waiters) for another (McLemore) possible I guess-- I heard that Waiters is really one dimensional and was kind of a pain last season.

Len for Favors? No.

I think the jazz could trade one of the 4, but I think Favors is the least likely. I could be way off, they might be shoping Favors right now. The thing is we have seen so little of the 4 and the Jazz have been pretty quite about their opinions, so we are just guessing.

Favors has shown that he can anchor a defense, rebound at a high level and get to the foul line. Plus, he's shown he can stay healthy, give or take the plantar fascitis thing. We can't trade that out unless we know we're getting a sure thing. Len isn't as athletic and comes with his own injury concerns. Len has some touch out on the floor, but we get that with Kanter already, and Favors might improve his shooting out on the floor too.

So what happened to AB_PG?
He's working on his draft board.
linchpin.jpg

I think people are getting too caught up on the draft when they start suggesting the Jazz would trade Favors for Len. Why would the Jazz hire the Mailman to coach him and then trade him? Favors has shown that he works hard and wants to improve. Now that AJ and Millsap are out of the way he is finally going to get his chance.

I like Len but he hasn't proven anything and I would be cautious due to his foot injury.

I think people are getting too caught up on the draft when they start suggesting the Jazz would trade Favors for Len. Why would the Jazz hire the Mailman to coach him and then trade him? Favors has shown that he works hard and wants to improve. Now that AJ and Millsap are out of the way he is finally going to get his chance.

I like Len but he hasn't proven anything and I would be cautious due to his foot injury.

This

these

Guys... 10 potential draftees were invited to the green room:

https://espn.go.com/nba/draft2013/story/_/id/9413629/2013-nba-draft-10-players-invited-green-room-sources-say

The NBA has issued 10 preliminary invitations to its "green room" for Thursday night's draft, according to multiple sources.

Those invited are: Nerlens Noel (Kentucky); Victor Oladipo (Indiana); Otto Porter (Georgetown); Alex Len (Maryland); Anthony Bennett (UNLV); Ben McLemore (Kansas); Trey Burke (Michigan); Michael Carter-Williams (Syracuse); C.J. McCollum (Lehigh) and Cody Zeller (Indiana).

The top prospects in the draft usually receive the invites to the green room, where the players, their families and agent sit on draft night. When their names are called, they leave the room and go up on stage to shake commissioner David Stern's hand.

NBA general managers are polled to determine which players are likely to be drafted in the lottery.

In the past, the NBA has expanded the list of green room invites as the draft date nears. Typically, the NBA has invited 13-to-15 players.

This year, the league has told a number of agents it may add a few names to the list as the draft approaches.

Several others players, including Georgia's Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Pittsburgh's Steven Adams, UCLA's Shabazz Muhammad, Russia's Sergey Karasev, Gonzaga's Kelly Olynyk and Greece's Giannis Antetokounmpo, could be extended invites.

People who think Giannis is too skinny need to realize that he's the same height and just two pounds lighter than Otto Porter. Porter is 18 months older.

I mean, Giannis is actually too skinny, but he can add bulk and is basically starting with Otto Porter's frame.