What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

Kendall Marshall types are old school and a dying breed. Why can't coaches teach these kids how to pass in high school?

Kids are not being taught how to run an offense, read a defense, like they used to. Kids these days are more demanding and coaches have less control. Used to be a coach could demand more out of their HS players .. now too many kids have over-stroked egos and think their coaches are behind the times .. ad they just transfer or pout and get their way. The kids are hyped too early, getting an entourage when they're 16 years old, and miss a lot of fundamentals. They want to practice ball-handling, shooting, and dunking .. not much time watching video, reading playbooks, and taking TEACHING as much as they used to. I think this hurts the PG spot MUCH more than any other.

OT: Julius Randle .. damn this kid's good. Will be in the '14 draft class along with Jabari Parker and the Harrison twins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA8SdrRo-k8&feature=player_embedded

I Julius Randle #93 or #52?

Callipari has gotten a lot of really talented PG's, but only 1 has turned out to live to his NBA potential (Rose).

In all fairness, how many picks over the last few years have lived up to NBA potential? From the last draft, Kyrie Irving was definitely the only one. Wall is definitely a work-in-progress, but he still has all of the tools to still meet the expectations.

In all fairness, how many picks over the last few years have lived up to NBA potential? From the last draft, Kyrie Irving was definitely the only one. Wall is definitely a work-in-progress, but he still has all of the tools to still meet the expectations.

Yep. By the way, I believe Wall will be viewed as a top 3 or 4 PG in the league within a couple years. Way too many tools.

Yep. By the way, I believe Wall will be viewed as a top 3 or 4 PG in the league within a couple years. Way too many tools.

I hate when people already are saying that John Wall or this lottery pick or whatever haven't lived up to their potential, when they haven't even been given a proper chance or even given them time to develop. I think John Wall will be a a top 5 PG as well. Give him time, and a playoff team and then see what happens.

#93 although, I think the standout of those two is actually andrew wiggins. He might be the best of that class, he is unreal.

Wiggins is a year behind Randle (would be draft class of '15). Many believe Wiggins is the best in HS right now at any age. I spoke with a very highly regarded NBA scout a couple weeks ago and he ranks the kids like this;

1) Wiggins
1a) Parker
1b) Randle
2) Andrew Harrison
3) Aaron Harrison

Keep an eye on James Young as well ..

Wiggins is a year behind Randle (would be draft class of '15). Many believe Wiggins is the best in HS right now at any age. I spoke with a very highly regarded NBA scout a couple weeks ago and he ranks the kids like this;

1) Wiggins
1a) Parker
1b) Randle
2) Andrew Harrison
3) Aaron Harrison

Keep an eye on James Young as well ..

I forgot they were in different classes. I wish Parker had the athleticism some of these guys have

I hate when people already are saying that John Wall or this lottery pick or whatever haven't lived up to their potential, when they haven't even been given a proper chance or even given them time to develop. I think John Wall will be a a top 5 PG as well. Give him time, and a playoff team and then see what happens.

Repd

2013 top 20 on espn. Dont think I've posted this. Keep any eye out on my boy Anthony Bennett. He will be a 3 in the nba. Has great size and range. Has some good handles. If unlv does well, no reason he can't be a top 8 pick. Love to seem him on the jazz.

1 Nerlens Noel 18 C 6-11 215 Kentucky Top 5 Pick
June 27 Update: With Anthony Davis pretty much guaranteed to be the No. 1 ...more
2 Cody Zeller 19 C 6-11 210 Indiana Top 5 Pick
Apr 10 Update: Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd Gilchrist may have been the best ...more
3 Shabazz Muhammad 18 SF 6-6 223 UCLA Top 5 Pick
June 27 Update: Muhammad is a powerful, aggressive player with good scoring instincts who ...more
4 James Michael McAdoo 19 PF 6-9 223 North Carolina Top 10 Pick
Apr 5 Update: McAdoo announced that he's returning to school for his sophomore season. ...more
5 Alex Poythress SF 6-7 215 Kentucky Top 10 Pick
June 27 Update: At 6-8 with a wingspan over 7-0, Poythress already has the ...more
6 Isaiah Austin 18 PF 7-0 210 Baylor Top 10 Pick
June 27 Update: Austin is an intriguing prospect because he is a true 7-footer ...more
7 Steven Adams 18 PF 6-10 240 Pittsburgh Top 10 Pick
June 27 Update: At 6-10 and 235 pounds, Adams is a physical specimen with ...more
8 Rudy Gobert 20 PF 7-1 220 France Top 10 Pick
June 14 Update: While Gobert was not in the camp, he competed for the ...more
9 Tony Mitchell 20 SF 6-8 220 North Texas Lottery Pick
Apr 9 Update: Mitchell is one of the most talented players in the country ...more
10 Adonis Thomas 19 SF 6-7 217 Memphis Lottery Pick
Apr 8 Update: Thomas was one of the most highly regarded high school seniors ...more
11 Anthony Bennett 19 PF 6-8 230 UNLV Lottery Pick
Mar 28 Update: After those first four, the obvious NBA talent starts to drop ...more
12 B.J. Young 19 PG 6-3 170 Arkansas Lottery Pick
April 10 Update: Young is an explosive combo guard who is coming off a ...more
13 Patric Young 20 C 6-9 245 Florida Lottery Pick
Mar 15 Update: Young told reporters on Thursday that he will return to the ...more
14 Myck Kabongo 19 PG 6-1 170 Texas Lottery Pick
Mar 26 Update: Kabongo flirted with declaring for the draft, but made the right ...more
15 Kyle Anderson 19 SF 6-8 233 UCLA Lottery Pick
June 27 Update:It doesn't matter what position he is listed at, because he is ...more
16 Ricardo Ledo 19 PG 6-6 180 Providence Mid First Round Pick
June 27 Update: Ledo could be the most talented offensive player in the 2012 ...more
17 Archie Goodwin 17 SG 6-5 195 Kentucky Mid First Round Pick
June 27 Update: He is a combination guard with NBA size who should have ...more
18 Dario Saric 18 SF 6-10 223 Croatia Mid First Round Pick
Apr 11, 2010 Update: Saric was the youngest player at the Hoop Summit. He ...more
19 Wayne Blackshear 20 SG 6-5 200 Louisville Mid First Round Pick
Apr 3 Update: The best NBA prospect on the floor for Louisville was Wayne ...more
20 Michael Carter-Williams 20 SG 6-5 175 Syracuse Late First Round Pick
Mar 31 Update: Carter-Williams is one of the best scorers in his class. His ...more

NO way Zeller goes before 'Bazz.

I was torn between getting Poythress and Bennett .. glad we got Alex, but gotta a lotta love for Anthony as well.

I like him quite a bit, but when I've watched him I don't see PG .. not yet anyway. He's got the handles and the explosiveness .. and he's a good passer. I just don't see a kid that gets the PG role .. he's a pure SG as of now.

Yeah, Sheed isn't a PG. He'll be good, and could maybe play spot minutes at PG just because, but he's strictly a SG in my mind.

BTW, Randle to Duke (Matt Jones connection and loves the coaches) and Parker to UK? I don't see us getting Parker due to Hood, wish we would, but I just don't see it happening.

Mason Plumlee is gonna show out this year. Watch it happen.

What happens with John Wall depends on several things. I think his last batch of teammates (Nick Young, Javale McGee, Blatche) really hurt him. None of those guys wanted to try and all had a low bball IQ, and I think that rubbed off on Wall. We'll see if he can pull out of it. He has a lot of tools, however he still hasn't fixed the shoddy mechanics on his shot and I question his basketball smarts. Reminds me of Steve Francis.

NO way Zeller goes before 'Bazz.

I was torn between getting Poythress and Bennett .. glad we got Alex, but gotta a lotta love for Anthony as well.

I agree but there is another article ill post later that says GM's think Zeller is number 1 next year. Crazy right?

Mason Plumlee is gonna show out this year. Watch it happen.

What happens with John Wall depends on several things. I think his last batch of teammates (Nick Young, Javale McGee, Blatche) really hurt him. None of those guys wanted to try and all had a low bball IQ, and I think that rubbed off on Wall. We'll see if he can pull out of it. He has a lot of tools, however he still hasn't fixed the shoddy mechanics on his shot and I question his basketball smarts. Reminds me of Steve Francis.

What are you up to?

Wall will be damn good.

I'm calling Randle to Duke (with UK a runner-up).
Parker to UK (with Duke runner-up)
Harrisons to UK (with no one even close)
Wiggins to UK.

Just going over the Addidas 64 teams. Alot of the best teams not there. Looking forward to the Utah Hustle out of Farmington and Utah pump in run black.....ok.