What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

Haha..

Would you rather have Bullock and Hairston

Or

Rivers and Plumlee?

Which Plumlee?

Either way, my answer is Bullock and Plumlee.

I absolutely loathe Hairston. I think he has talent, but he has a ****ty attitude and I'm just not that impressed by his overall game. Bullock has the ability to play a role for at least 6-8 years IMO, I don't think Hairston does.

Rivers needed more time in college, and he has talent, but he's also a primma donna, so we'll see how does. While I think his attitude problems are exaggerated, there are definitely some problems there.

Jonathan Givony from DX:
14. Utah Jazz - Shane Larkin (PG, 20, 5-11, 171, Miami, sophomore):

Utah is another team at a crossroads, with major decisions needed to be made with Paul Millsap, Al Jefferson and both of its starting guards entering free agency. Point guard is likely the biggest area of need at the moment, followed by shooting guard and then the frontcourt depending on the status of Millsap and Jefferson. The team has some interesting young pieces in Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward, Enes Kanter and Alec Burks, as well as a great deal of potential cap space and draft picks to aid its cause. Shane Larkin is considered by many to be the best point guard available at this stage of the draft, making this a relatively easy fit here.

Brian: What do you think about the Cavs taking Shane Larkin at #19 as a back up to Kyrie?

Chad Ford: 1. Don't think Larkin will be there. Think both the Jazz and Bucks have a lot of interest in him. Starting to doubt he gets past 15. 2. Hearing strongly that Sergey Karasev doesn't get past the Cavs pick at 19 -- that's why I put him there yesterday. Chris Grant and company were out in force in Vegas. If the Cavs go big with their first pick, Karasev makes a lot of sense.

I don't know if it has been discussed here or not, but I like the idea of a "stretch 4" with the second round pick. I've seen the names Muscala, Murphy and Kelly discussed, but what about Grant Jarrett? Chad Ford listed him as a sleeper here: https://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/48097

I believe he was a highly touted freshman. Thoughts on him or the others mentioned above?

You know who else I can't find in DX's current mock draft?

James Southerland and Adonis Thomas

I'd be pretty amazed if those guys went undrafted.

Jonathan Givony from DX:
14. Utah Jazz - Shane Larkin (PG, 20, 5-11, 171, Miami, sophomore):

Utah is another team at a crossroads, with major decisions needed to be made with Paul Millsap, Al Jefferson and both of its starting guards entering free agency. Point guard is likely the biggest area of need at the moment, followed by shooting guard and then the frontcourt depending on the status of Millsap and Jefferson. The team has some interesting young pieces in Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward, Enes Kanter and Alec Burks, as well as a great deal of potential cap space and draft picks to aid its cause. Shane Larkin is considered by many to be the best point guard available at this stage of the draft, making this a relatively easy fit here.

He's assuming the Jazz will take the best point guard on the board regardless. I'm not so sure about that. I think the Jazz will take BPA unless they are convinced one of the point guards available at 14 can be a key piece.

I don't know if it has been discussed here or not, but I like the idea of a "stretch 4" with the second round pick. I've seen the names Muscala, Murphy and Kelly discussed, but what about Grant Jarrett? Chad Ford listed him as a sleeper here: https://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/48097

I believe he was a highly touted freshman. Thoughts on him or the others mentioned above?

I don't think Muscala is a PF. Erick Murphy would be a good pick. I don't know Jarrett. If you want a stretch 4, Dario Saric might become one in a couple years if he gets a bit stronger. I don't see him being able to guard SFs out on the floor.

I don't think you pass on Zeller or Adams for Larkin. I think there would be equivalent PGs there at #21, including Wolters and Pressey. But that's just me.

He's assuming the Jazz will take the best point guard on the board regardless. I'm not so sure about that. I think the Jazz will take BPA unless they are convinced one of the point guards available at 14 can be a key piece.

If we take Shane Larkin while Schroeder is still on the board, I'm going to piss.