What's new

Following potential 2014 draftees

lots of underwhelming performances.

one thing thats pretty clear is Jahlil Okafor and Justise Winslow are going to add a TON of tenacity and physicality to Duke, its scary to think how Jabari would fill out that frontcourt.

they'd probably run the table next year, tbh

lots of underwhelming performances.

one thing thats pretty clear is Jahlil Okafor and Justise Winslow are going to add a TON of tenacity and physicality to Duke, its scary to think how Jabari would fill out that frontcourt.

they'd probably run the table next year, tbh
Just like Kentucky did. Talent is great, but it takes time for a team to come together.

well atleast undefeated in conference.

watching Okafor made me wonder whos going to guard him in the ACC... Kennedy Meeks, Dajuan Coleman, a bunch of other 6'9 centers, FSU, BC and Wake forest have a few 7'ers but wont have the firepower to hang with duke, jabari or not

The NBA folks in the gym walked out talking mostly about how weak the 2014 high school (and 2015 NBA Draft) class is shaping up to be so far, but there's no doubt that this group is better than what they showed last night.

From DraftExpress.com https://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2ykoNR8IP
https://www.draftexpress.com

From a DC article.

I personally think by what I've seen and measurements, that there's a lot of very good athletes that are very low in the skill and shooting department right now.

With the bigs who have less linear learning curves than guards and wings I see a lot of promise. Karl Towns seems very skilled. Trey Lyles and Myles Turner are the new questionmarks in terms of body, skillset.
Cliff Alexander has some brute force potential apparently...
Okafor reassured scouts in their opinion, yet the measurements indicate that his defensive potential is way superior to Big AL.

Wrong thread I know but to me Okafor was very underwhelming.

To me he's been hyped just as much if not more than Wiggins and he didn't look like the best player on the court last night.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Wrong thread I know but to me Okafor was very underwhelming.

To me he's been hyped just as much if not more than Wiggins and he didn't look like the best player on the court last night.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Im not a big okafor fan

How do we know Lindsay's focus is on defense? I mean after all he traded up to draft Trey Burke and his well documented refusal to play defense.

Because that is what he emphasizes every time he speaks..... his heritage with the Spurs, he knows that you don't win titles without strong D.

Because that is what he emphasizes every time he speaks..... his heritage with the Spurs, he knows that you don't win titles without strong D.

Words are 1 thing, backing them up with actions is another one. We'll find out about the second part of it soon.

So basically nothing like Alec Burks?

I say parts of his game -- except two -- are similar and you interpret that to me that they are nothing alike? Are bing deliberately obtuse of joking?

For example, he is athletic, strong in transition, has a good first step and takes it to the rim, defense and defensive effort are weak, not great decision maker in team concept, not strong in P&R, etc.

You see no similarities?

I say parts of his game -- except two -- are similar and you interpret that to me that they are nothing alike? Are bing deliberately obtuse of joking?

For example, he is athletic, strong in transition, has a good first step and takes it to the rim, defense and defensive effort are weak, not great decision maker in team concept, not strong in P&R, etc.

You see no similarities?

He doesn't really have that skill yet. Anyone can look good in transition.

Disappointing nike hoop summit game. I was hoping for a draft eligible euro to have a mind blowing performance and catapult himself into the mid first round, thereby creating more options for the Jazz with the lousy GS pick or their own 2nd rounder.

I'm sure Okafor will be good, but damn, he makes Kanter look like an elite athlete...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hksgEp4fMTk