What's new

Following potential 2015 draftees

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/238269/Celtics-Trying-To-Move-Up-To-Select-Myles-Turner

The Boston Celtics are actively attempting to trade up in next week's draft in order to select Myles Turner, according to

IzxcRRz.jpg

We're not trading Favors for Porzingis.

I don't even know who made that idea or where it came from, but it's so stupid.

We've done a better job of rebuilding than anyone who didn't make the playoffs.

Let's start a new rebuild by trading a proven 17 and 8 on a great contract for a rookie.

A spate of teams picking before the Bucks have also worked out Portis, including Detroit (No. 8), Indiana (11), Utah (12), Phoenix (13), Oklahoma City (14), Atlanta (15) and Boston (16).

When I asked the personable Portis whether any team has given him a “promise’’ to select him, he smiled and said, “A couple of teams have. They told me I was their guy. Or that I’m definitely in their top two. “I think they say that to everybody.’’

fwiw.

The Porzingis hype machine is so out of control now I don't even think NY would accept the deal for Favors anyways. Shouldn't have to worry about it.

Utah will challenge for HC in the playoffs next year, and the Favors trade talk will go down as one of the most ridiculous topics ever on Jazz fans. Take that to the bank.
-Cappy's personal guarantee

Quinn Snyder wants a PF who can stretch the floor in order to open up space to run his offensive system. We've got guys like Exum, Burks and Hayward who can get in the paint if there's space to operate. When Quinn complains about limited spacing he's pointing a finger at our bigs who don't space the floor. Porzingis is a guy who can create space and is mobile enough to play the 4. However, the more conservative route is simply to draft Looney or Portis. Turner apparently doesn't have the mobility to guard 4s all the time. He'll probably end up a 5 as result, which limits his value somewhat.

I think the coaching staff had viewed Favors as a 5 prior to Rudy Gobert taking the world by storm. Playing Favors at the 4 was a bit of an experiment at first, but it's working well, at least defensively.

Lol. You are kidding right? Right? What's the difference than saying should and suggesting it? Not a whole hell of a lot.
I have not seen anyone saying that the jazz SHOULD trade favors. Quite the opposite actually.

I have heard a couple of people say it is possible that the jazz would think about trading favors.
Heard it last year too. Not really a big deal imo. I don't think anything will happen.

Favors is still limited offensively. He can hit baseline jumpers, hit elbow jumpers, finish pick-and-rolls and take dump-offs. His efficiency is good, but he's probably just going to be the 4th option offensively. He's a great post defender against 4s and an adequate defender against 5s. The idea of bringing in a 4 who is more versatile offensively is to open up the game for everyone else, basically to maximize the value of the other 4 guys while still creating offense at the 4.

I have not seen anyone saying that the jazz SHOULD trade favors. Quite the opposite actually.

I have heard a couple of people say it is possible that the jazz would think about trading favors.
Heard it last year too. Not really a big deal imo. I don't think anything will happen.
So why has this topic gone on and on? Yeah no one thinks we should.

As a team, you still want at least 3 quality bigs to share minutes and handle match ups. Our front court is now thin after the Kanter trade, so it would sure take a lot for the Jazz to trade Favors.

So why has this topic gone on and on? Yeah no one thinks we should.
Show me a post of a jazz fan saying that they want favors traded. I can show you many posts from jazz fans that don't want favors traded.

No big deal really.

I've been bored and thought it was interesting. I'll drop it.

To sum things up: It is quite clear that the Knicks would give their left arm to get their hands upon someone like Favors. The Jazz want no part of the Knick's left arm.

Favors is still limited offensively. He can hit baseline jumpers, hit elbow jumpers, finish pick-and-rolls and take dump-offs. His efficiency is good, but he's probably just going to be the 4th option offensively. He's a great post defender against 4s and an adequate defender against 5s. The idea of bringing in a 4 who is more versatile offensively is to open up the game for everyone else, basically to maximize the value of the other 4 guys while still creating offense at the 4.

We could get some of that "versatility" with Turner or Frank the Tank and KEEP Favors. I vote for that.

Did some digging for posts about a year or more ago.

I don't buy the hype on Kelly Oubre, not popular opinion, but just a hunch.

In regard to Oubre, (3-13) from field and (0-5) from three in McD's game. Just one game yes, but that's horrible for that kind of game with soft defense.

I didn't like Oubre, have to trust my gut and stick with it.

Kevon Looney sucks, dude is thinner than a flag pole.

I didn't like Looney either.. Funny because I have been high on both of these guys. Not anymore.

Am I the only one who thinks Karl Towns is better than Jahil Okafor?

Posted this almost exactly a year ago, when Okafor was #1 and Towns was #9. :cool:

Really extremely early big board for 2015:

1. Myles Turner
2. Karl Towns Jr.
3. Jahil Okafor
4. Emmanuel Mudiay
5. Stanley Johnson
6. Cliff Alexander
7. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
8. Justise Winslow
9. Mario Hezonja
10. WCS

Not the highest on Kelly Oubre like everyone else.

Not too bad, could be worse, Turner #1, Alexander #6, and RHJ #7 are mistakes. I was extremely high on Turner before the year started. Have to trust my instincts with him.

Didn't see the rise of Russell and Porzingis, though.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/238269/Celtics-Trying-To-Move-Up-To-Select-Myles-Turner

The Boston Celtics are actively attempting to trade up in next week's draft in order to select Myles Turner, according to

IzxcRRz.jpg

The Celtics have an ungodly amount of draft picks so they can make it happen:

https://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4716912/bostons-pile-of-draft-picks

It would suck if it happened but if Johnson, Turner & WCS (who I'm not sold on but he has an intriguing skill-set) are off the board at 12 (and there aren't any surprises meaning we have to pick from Portis, Payne Booker, Dekker) I hope another team has given DL a nice offer for the 12th pick.

The Celtics have an ungodly amount of draft picks so they can make it happen:

https://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4716912/bostons-pile-of-draft-picks

It would suck if it happened but if Johnson, Turner & WCS (who I'm not sold on but he has an intriguing skill-set) are off the board at 12 (and there aren't any surprises meaning we have to pick from Portis, Payne, Booker, Dekker) I hope another team has given DL a nice offer for the 12th pick.

You take Booker and laugh all the way to the bank.