What's new

Following potential 2015 draftees

I would rank Favors as the 4th best PF going forward. Only PF that are more valuable/better are Anthony Davis, Lamarcus Aldridge and Blake Griffin. Duncan and Nowitzki might still be better but definitely not more valuable.

Also Favors has always been a PF in this league. Jazz were forced to play him at center for awhile because they didnt have a better center option until Gobert. It wasnt an experiment to try him at PF, that is his natural position. Maybe it was an experiment to see how him and Gobert play together, just like its an experiment to see how all players in different combinations play together. This experiment went great. They are a dominant duo. They had a few kinks on offense mostly due to the lack of offense from Gobert but both player are improving there. Also now that Favors is being switched to PF he is going to slim up a bit and work on his PF skills more. He is going to be greatly improved for next season, as he is every year.

Probably the most excited I was all year was when Favors hit the corner 3 for the 1st play of the game vs. G-State.

https://streamable.com/j4kp

What a beauty!

favors-3.gif

Jazz could go Looney if they want a stretch 4.

Also, Cameron looks like he'll be a Payne to guard.

Think I need a day off.

Hey, i was the first to suggest naming all the trash receptacles "Looney Bins" if we draft him. If we draft Myles, we could call his big blocks/rebounds momentum "Turners."

Favors is still limited offensively. He can hit baseline jumpers, hit elbow jumpers, finish pick-and-rolls and take dump-offs. His efficiency is good, but he's probably just going to be the 4th option offensively. He's a great post defender against 4s and an adequate defender against 5s. The idea of bringing in a 4 who is more versatile offensively is to open up the game for everyone else, basically to maximize the value of the other 4 guys while still creating offense at the 4.

Don't forget Favors value also comes because he is 270 lbs and can play center and protect the rim decently. For the 12-15 minutes Gobert sits, or the game he takes off, you can't have some twig playing center. Going out in free agency and getting a decent backups center will eat 7-10 million a year.

Listening to the 1320 interview with Tony Jones.

He says that he thinks Oubre impressed the most in the Jazz workouts, based on reaction from Jazz afterward.

I wish that he would have talked about his sense of how others did in the workouts, but they quickly moved on to other things.

Okay, try this:

Utah trades Hood + future 1st to Charlotte.

Utah trades #12 + Charlotte's #9 + future pick to NYK

Utah takes back #4 and drafts Hezonja or Porzingis.

NYK drafts Johnson and Lyles.

Jazz are epic. They add an All Star talent on a rookie deal.

Okay, try this:

Just when I think u can't get any dumber u go out and completely prove me wrong. Lol.

Let me get this straight... U want to trade Hood 12 + 2 future firsts for either Porz or super Mario??

Damn?! Whoever we pick better become a top ten player. That's a kings ransom right there. Holy ****!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=20&v=VN8sIB2asCM

Hot off the presses. This footage is key, some may bitch and moan about draft workout video's but Powell is trying to work thru a hitch in his shot. Which is still visible, but in this footage its not as pronounced as it was.

Okay, try this:

I don't think anyone needs to be traded but I'll play along. I'm not as high on Porzingis anymore after that guy said the workout hid his many flaws. So I'd be targeting Hezonja.
I'm probably in the minority but I like Hood and Burks a lot more than Hayward. Hayward makes too much money IMO for the inconsistent game he plays. I'm always hoping with Hayward and more often disappointed than not. Now, again, I'm not advocating trading him, but based on his 5 years in the league compared with Burks' 4 years + Hood's 1 year I'd happily replace him with Hezonja.

The Jazz have been hyping Hayward since they selected him - and Quin has really helped him. But I'm still not convinced. I don't know about Hezonja though. So no trade.

I don't think anyone needs to be traded but I'll play along. I'm not as high on Porzingis anymore after that guy said the workout hid his many flaws. So I'd be targeting Hezonja.
I'm probably in the minority but I like Hood and Burks a lot more than Hayward. Hayward makes too much money IMO for the inconsistent game he plays. I'm always hoping with Hayward and more often disappointed than not. Now, again, I'm not advocating trading him, but based on his 5 years in the league compared with Burks' 4 years + Hood's 1 year I'd happily replace him with Hezonja.

The Jazz have been hyping Hayward since they selected him - and Quin has really helped him. But I'm still not convinced. I don't know about Hezonja though. So no trade.

I think you're underrating Hayward here. He's a really good player. However, I do agree that he will be the first one to consider trading, depending on how things go this year. His contract status in 2 years will force Utah into making a tough decision starting next year.

I think you're underrating Hayward here. He's a really good player. However, I do agree that he will be the first one to consider trading, depending on how things go this year. His contract status in 2 years will force Utah into making a tough decision starting next year.

Well, if people want the 4th pick Hayward would do it by himself I think. I'm against trading Favors. Then the Jazz could select a 3rd pick with 12.

It's not all black and white, man... He has his flaws, like any prospect, the hardest thing is to project if he'd be able to overcome them and turn them into strengths. Gobert coming out of Europe was labeled soft(lacking toughness) too... and his rebounding numbers were not great either. They were saying he doesn't have a mean streak and that his feel for the game is bad. Quote from DX: "Isn't the nasty, fiery big man you would hope, get's knocked around and doesn't fight back" etc. Gobert has worked hard on his body and his game and the improved strength has translated into a much more imposing presence. A lot of those players improve a lot when they get to the NBA so it's not set in stone that his current weaknesses will be weaknesses forever.

What I proposed nets a top 4 pick and All Star-caliber talent for mid and late first-round picks. The league would be stunned if the Jazz pulled that off. I know people like Hood and our stash of late picks, but the rest of the league would view this as a good move. The goal is to improve the quality of your players, and the Jazz would have Exum, Hezonja, Hayward, Favors and Gobert all growing together. Or, take Porzingis.