What's new

Following potential 2015 draftees

Doubt I'd be happy to get drafted by that **** organization in between the two biggest markets in the league. . . But I'd still be professional about it too.

I honestly feel bad for anyone who gets drafted by the 76ers. What a dumpster fire. So glad they took Embiid and the Magic took Gordon.The Jazz got the 3rd player in a 3 player draft at pick #5.

The future is yet to be determined, as it was then. But Exum hasn't taken the league by storm by any means.

What do yall make of Tim Hardaway Jr for the 19th pick in this draft? (the value)

The Hawks traded down then traded out of the draft. If you consider they started with the 15th pick, I'd say the value wasn't good at all. They basically decided to punt on the draft for Hardaway Jr and two 2nd-rd picks when some respectable players were available--Oubre, Dekker, Portis, RHJ, Hunter, Wright, etc. Maybe they felt they had to preserve cap space.

The Hawks traded down then traded out of the draft. If you consider they started with the 15th pick, I'd say the value wasn't good at all. They basically decided to punt on the draft for Hardaway Jr and two 2nd-rd picks when some respectable players were available--Oubre, Dekker, Portis, RHJ, Hunter, Wright, etc. Maybe they felt they had to preserve cap space.
Yes, that's a head scratcher. If they wanted to preserve cap space, just trade for a future pick. With DMC and Millsap perhaps heading out of town, draft a replacement in Portis, Dekker, Oubre, etc. Not sure what their plan is except to fade out of relevance after one great season.

Doubt I'd be happy to get drafted by that **** organization in between the two biggest markets in the league. . . But I'd still be professional about it too.

I honestly feel bad for anyone who gets drafted by the 76ers. What a dumpster fire. So glad they took Embiid and the Magic took Gordon.The Jazz got the 3rd player in a 3 player draft at pick #5.

I completely disagree with this. Philly has taken way more criticism than they deserve. After all the big talk of them being the worst tankers in history, they weren't even the worst last year. Look at a team like the suns who just gave another big contract to another point guard who is going to keep them riding the perpetual treadmill. Then you have teams like Denver and Boston who are just kinda floating between trying to compete and sorta rebuilding. I'll take Philly's direction 10 times out of 10 compared to that or even Utah trying to compete for an 8th seed with a team built around Al Jefferson. We've heard all the losing culture stuff before beaten to death on this board about the team that just won an NBA championship. It's not like Philly had a good team and decided to tank. They had a bad team and decided to take a clear direction which IMO is way smarter than the other teams I've mentioned that can't seem to decide what to do. Anyway, I know my opinion will be in the minority here, just like it was back when I was defending GS's decision to dump Ellis for Bogut. Philly just needs a player or two to break out and they will pull out of their tank. Whether that happens or not has a lot to do with luck, but they've given themselves some good chances with the caliber of talent they've managed to acquire. Only time will tell, but I'll take clear direction, however controversial, over indecision every day of the week.

I completely disagree with this. Philly has taken way more criticism than they deserve. After all the big talk of them being the worst tankers in history, they weren't even the worst last year. Look at a team like the suns who just gave another big contract to another point guard who is going to keep them riding the perpetual treadmill. Then you have teams like Denver and Boston who are just kinda floating between trying to compete and sorta rebuilding. I'll take Philly's direction 10 times out of 10 compared to that or even Utah trying to compete for an 8th seed with a team built around Al Jefferson. We've heard all the losing culture stuff before beaten to death on this board about the team that just won an NBA championship. It's not like Philly had a good team and decided to tank. They had a bad team and decided to take a clear direction which IMO is way smarter than the other teams I've mentioned that can't seem to decide what to do. Anyway, I know my opinion will be in the minority here, just like it was back when I was defending GS's decision to dump Ellis for Bogut. Philly just needs a player or two to break out and they will pull out of their tank. Whether that happens or not has a lot to do with luck, but they've given themselves some good chances with the caliber of talent they've managed to acquire. Only time will tell, but I'll take clear direction, however controversial, over indecision every day of the week.

I love what they are doing too and I don't blame them. In a league where big markets are favored when constructing their rosters, they've decided to use and abuse the only way for small markets to get franchise players - the draft. And the best thing indeed is that they know what they want to do and they don't care what the media will say about it - they follow the plan they believe will give them the best chance for success. Their FO makes them less competitive through managerial decisions for the roster, but the players themselves bust their asses on the floor and play as hard as anybody in the league.

We were extremely lucky to hit on Rudy Gobert a couple of years ago and I wonder at what place we would have been if he wasn't on the team right now and whether or not we would have had anything close to the optimism we are experiencing without him.

We were extremely lucky to hit on Rudy Gobert a couple of years ago and I wonder at what place we would have been if he wasn't on the team right now and whether or not we would have had anything close to the optimism we are experiencing without him.

There's no doubt in my mind that we would be looking at another year or two of tanking, at the very least. We would have gotten a better pick in this draft, but the fans would be bitching and moaning and trashing the FO. My level of bitterness over not starting the rebuild sooner would be off the charts, and all my posts would resemble the rants of grandpa Simpson.

There's no doubt in my mind that we would be looking at another year or two of tanking, at the very least. We would have gotten a better pick in this draft, but the fans would be bitching and moaning and trashing the FO. My level of bitterness over not starting the rebuild sooner would be off the charts, and all my posts would resemble the rants of grandpa Simpson.

I'm gonna put it like this - we most probably would have been looking at a decision of whether or not to match a max for Kanter in RFA and whether to pick WCS or Winslow in the draft to be our next savior. Just think about that for a while... Rudy is a true franchise changer.

Yeah their only problem is Karma has managed to ****ed them in the *** two straight years giving them the 3rd pick each year.. I do think they made a mistake last year with the Embiid pick but then again who else should they have gone for? Saric was another suspect pick. Okafor - I do think they should have gone with Porzingis this year considering they already have 2 centers in Noel and Embiid.

I do think they've got the general direction right, it's the execution of each decision that they've got slightly wrong.

Yeah their only problem is Karma has managed to ****ed them in the *** two straight years giving them the 3rd pick each year.. I do think they made a mistake last year with the Embiid pick but then again who else should they have gone for? Saric was another suspect pick. Okafor - I do think they should have gone with Porzingis this year considering they already have 2 centers in Noel and Embiid.

I do think they've got the general direction right, it's the execution of each decision that they've got slightly wrong.

do you know what karma is?

No rebuild is foolproof. Hitting on the right picks takes a certain amount of luck, regardless of strategy. Also, they had the 3rd worst record this year and got the 3rd pick, so I don't see how they got burned by Karma. The year before they only dropped one spot. Utah dropped 2 spots the year they drafted Deron, so the karma thing don't really fly. I disagree with Porz over Okafor, especially considering Embiid's questionable health. Even if he wasn't injured again, you gotta take the best prospect at 3, and I'm not sold on Porz over Okafor.

I'm gonna put it like this - we most probably would have been looking at a decision of whether or not to match a max for Kanter in RFA and whether to pick WCS or Winslow in the draft to be our next savior. Just think about that for a while... Rudy is a true franchise changer.

Can I NOT think about it? It makes me throw up in my mouth!