What's new

Following potential 2015 draftees

Booker's wingspan and reach are great! Damn, now he's another one jumping up on my board.

That standing reach can't be right... His reach is the same as Oubre's and he's shorter and has a much smaller wingspan. Does he not have a neck... I only want guys that have necks. Something is off here.

this is pretty much good news all around though... all the third/fourth tier guys measured pretty well. We all knew Frank had short arms, but he still is bigger than Olynyk. All of these guys being considered better prospects raises the trade value of our pick.

Also, if Johnson falls he is a steal at 12... an effing steal!

That standing reach can't be right... His reach is the same as Oubre's and he's shorter and has a much smaller wingspan. Does he not have a neck... I only want guys that have necks. Something is off here.

The width of your shoulders are going to influence your wingspan a lot and won't impact your standing reach as much.

The width of your shoulders are going to influence your wingspan a lot and won't impact your standing reach as much.

Depends if the player extends his shoulder or keeps it in tight. Lots of players that are more worried about their athleticism keep their shoulder in tight so their vertical will be a couple inches higher.

Its hard to "cheat" at wingspan/no reason to, but very easy to "cheat" at standing reach and has a good reason to do that. Although it is more often found in NFL prospects who dont care at all about standing reach for the most part.

BTW, another thing to consider with the jump of 2'' in Booker's wingspan from previous measurements, is his youth. It is possible he's still growing and he might get even longer in the next year or two. Don't forget that he's the youngest prospect in this year's draft and he will still be 18 when his rookie NBA year starts.

BTW, another thing to consider with the jump of 2'' in Booker's wingspan from previous measurements, is his youth. It is possible he's still growing and he might get even longer in the next year or two. Don't forget that he's the youngest prospect in this year's draft and he will still be 18 when his rookie NBA year starts.

Yep, he's very young.

Have to agree: if these measurements hold up as official, it's generally good news all around for the Jazz. This bunch measures well.

this is pretty much good news all around though... all the third/fourth tier guys measured pretty well. We all knew Frank had short arms, but he still is bigger than Olynyk. All of these guys being considered better prospects raises the trade value of our pick.

Also, if Johnson falls he is a steal at 12... an effing steal!

Definitely great value at 12. DL, do not trade this pick!

DSC_0013-1.jpg

Nothing like some random gut feeling picks for who I think is gonna turn out best for each position from this draft right?

PG- George de Paula- with the right coach (hello Quin) his defensive potential is terrifying.
SG- Mario Hezonja- Actually don't think any of these guys will be great (even Russell) but I do think eventually he'll be a solid floor spacer.
SF- Stanley Johnson- Learns to finish around the rim and whala, honorable mention to Dekker who I see blossoming away from Wisconsin.
PF- Richaun Holmes- Out of nowhere pretty much, always at least one.
C- Towns- could have put at PF too, but wanted to avoid putting Upshaw in cause I feel like he will be good but don't really like him.

Clavicles and acromion are the last bones to stop growing, typically around 25 yo for men. So, shoulders broaden and wingspan can continue to increase a little bit even if the arms aren't getting any longer.

Anyone else like Richaun Holmes as a second round pick? Measured 6'9.5" with a 7'1.5" wingspan and 9'0" standing reach.

Explosive, good defender, has rapidly improved on offense. I feel like he's gonna shoot up the draft boards, but as of now he's #48 on draftexpress