What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

this guy is going to be the steal of the draft. His numbers are better than all the PGs projected to go ahead of him - it's just due to his height he's not a lottery pick. I'd love to see him fall to the jazz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL1p-byYCAg

He's turning 23 on April 3rd. I'll pass in the first.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Kennard shot 43.8% on 5.4 attempts per game. However, his standing reach is just 8'2.5".

How do you guys who know much more than me (pgab, seattle, Cy, BTP, WC) feel about him on the defensive end in the NBA?

Who will be a better version of him in the NBA?

Are there full Duke games on the web? I never paid attention in the 3 games or so that I watched Duke play.

Kennard is a good prospect. He's a good passer with IQ and vision to make passes over the top of the defense. Solid shooter off the catch and off the bounce. Not sure what kind of defender he'll be, but he could play in Quin's system from day one.

He's a versatile scorer as well as a solid floor spacer.

You can find holes in Kennard's game and weaknesses in terms of his height/length/athleticism, but some dudes are just good basketball players. Kennard seems to be that. He is a pure shooter who can get his shot and score in a variety of ways. seems like he'll figure out how to make it work. to what degree - how good - i don't know. but i'd take him in the 20 range.

as far as Mason III, after being burned by Burke, i might take him late second. seems better than Burke, but there is a reason Burke was a lottery pick - coming out of Michigan, people thought he was damn good.

To those who value wingspan.take a look at these two
Swanigan 7ft3 standing 6foot 8and a half
Malik Monk 6ft3 with a 6ft3.5 wingspan
I see Monk as a Louis Williams type 6th man

Kid is just a winner.reminds me of Yogi.Could go undrafted or round 2and have stint in d league so he will get a call up n be a 6plus year vet in the league

Kennard is a limited defender especially if you're profiling him as a starting SG..

Ideally u'd pair him with a big tall, athletic, defensive minded PG who can switch onto SG's..

I guess this is obvious but for example DeMar DeRozan is a nightmare matchup.. one of those can't stop him only hope to contain him typa deals.. DeRozan can get like that vs good defenders tho too..

He's not long or quick, his defense is going to be something that you try and hide, and opposing teams look to exploit..

He's got good hands tho and he plays real smart.. He'll adjust and make it work, even if he's just a burner off the bench..

Jazz would be lucky for him to fall in their laps IMO..

cool-hand-luke-ver-xlg-boxing-296306801.jpg

I'd be happy if we select a JHawk, either their PF Jackson or PG Frank Mason III which was projected to be a late round pick, don't know about that now after his tournament performance. Can handle the ball blindfolded, calm, quick, easy 3 pt shot. Reminds me of Deron Williams.

His game nothing like Dwill at all except they good at setting up teammates

Edmond Sumner is in this draft and hired an agent.. Same for Melo Trimble.. Jawun Evans is old news..

This doesn't add up to help Frank Mason's chances at getting drafted somewhere decent in the 2nd rd..

Original mizzou baseball pitcher signing.had some kind of injury that would limit his baseball career so he started focusing on bball solo this seaso. Big point guard. Athletic but not super athletic.If I had to compare him to someone it's Evan Turner. Same size and build and handles the ball greatly and is a fantastic passer.needs to improve midrange game since he will have trouble finishing at the rim at the next level. Dependable from 3 point land.. Solid 4 star recruit and I'm sure pgab will mention him in h is top 100 even though he never seen him play befpre . Played for a small school who got smashed by Simeon in semi finals. His tea!mate is a defensive lineman going to Iowa to play . NFL prospect. Other then Smith Edwardsville didn't have much talent and Smith carried them to Peoria

QUOTE=Dr. Jones;1380718][MENTION=2408]PG_AB[/MENTION]

Mark Smith

Know anything about him?
UK reached out yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Vick sucks. He isn't even Josh Shelby good. Here PGAB I'll tell you a frosh going to Wyoming next year, Hunter Malonoda. I misspelled his last name but he a six for six guard with some hops and a shot.bet you never heard of him since he isn't a top 100 high school player but In four years you will be telling us How you been hyping him for 5 years. So start now and it will be the truth g!

White not going get drafted in the nba, maybe the d league draft but NBA draft??hahaha
White is also a 5th year senior and no coach,gm,scout or anyone with bball commonsense would take White over Mason.

I prefer seniors Derrick White and Marcus Marshall over Mason.. Thats probably why he doesn't show up in my mocks

Vick sucks. He isn't even Josh Shelby good. Here PGAB I'll tell you a frosh going to Wyoming next year, Hunter Malonoda. I misspelled his last name but he a six for six guard with some hops and a shot.bet you never heard of him since he isn't a top 100 high school player but In four years you will be telling us How you been hyping him for 5 years. So start now and it will be the truth g!

I hope he's good I was just looking at Wyomings recruiting class the otherday because they're in on Sylvain Francisco an athletic defensive French PG with some shiftyness. Who reportedly is gonna go to a high-class JUCO instead..

Wyoming has 2 returning players I've pointed out here Hayden Dalton and Justin James. Would I be surprised if they had another sleeper on the way? absolutely not. They had a 1st rd pick not long ago..