What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

Thing is with many of these younger players, they achieve their rank vs Older competition so naturally the bigger players have less of a disadvantage, making them easier to project.

I saw Andre Drummond probably 4 or 5 years before he was drafted and thats basically what you get. Laquinton Ross was once the top rated player in his class, WAY early, like when he was a freshman in HS, Im not so sure "skill" players are the type you want to forcast so early.

DeAndre Ayton is obviously a quick case study, even though hes like 15 and wont be draft eligible for 4 years.

If i were to make the 2018 thread the first post would either be about Ayton or Jarred Vanderbilt, hes more of a "make the game look easy" type of prospect than some insane athlete. Check it out;

But i've gotta say, These mixtapes might just not be for you Quinsnydershair, Malik Monk is probably the most exciting player in HS and you werent all that excited when i posted a mix of him.

He plays HS ball in Virginia.

Yep, Malik Monk still sucks. Called it.

Even a broken clock is right two times a day.
Throw enough **** against the wall and some is bound to stick. Then you tout the times you were "right" and conveniently forget about the rest., or claim injuries. bad coaching, bad luck, not the right offensive style, etc.

I've picked the last 20 lottery combinations...just didn't have enough money to bet.

While this is getting bumped. Why not an international hopeful? 7'1" Jonathan Jeanne of Guadalupe(France).

saisonnationale1masc_preview_2_0.jpg

who's said its his goal to play in the NBA in 3 years. '97 born and he's obviously rail thin, He shows more skill than you'd think and actually shot 17/41 from 3 for his team, Centre Federal Du Basket-Ball. Looks good dribbling the ball in practice settings he definitely runs/moves well.

Nah.

How's about another international hopeful. 6'10" Ömer Faruk Yurtseven of Uzbekistan, he plays on the Turkish youth squads, got some minimal burn in the Euroleague this year at a very young age. He was also just the youngest player at the Eurocamp not including the futures group. I think he's a better prospect than Egemen Guven, who got some attention on Jazzfanz last year IIRC.

This vid is 1½ years old but it gives ya an idea. Solid post moves and footwork at that age. long arms, quick jumper, good instincts, shows good touch and range, runs well, looks like a 2-way player with a good frame to add strength.

Oof.

This mix that dropped the otherday on Sacha Killeya-Jones is my favorite one out there. After further consideration, I think he's probably a 5 star talent and could even be a one-and-done if he continues to add strength at this current pace.

At this point I prefer him over T.J. Leaf as an NBA prospect, who's rated near the top-10 by the services..

As I understand it, SKJ Is the type of player who's really got many different tricks in his bag, he's equipped with basically all the tools you'd look for from a PF and really just needs experience and good coaching.

I'd bet in the not too distant past he had no idea how good he was capable of being. Reminds me a bit of Ivan Rabb these days.

Lulz who

Hartenstein's got great face-up potential. Projected near the top-10 now, seems like he got the talent to go higher though. Playing with pro's will serve him well, he must improve his shot selection.

He kind of projects like a left handed, Derrick Favors sized version of Keith Van Horn, thats not quite the shooter.. IMO

The Dirk comparisons are obviously far-fetched. Posted the U18 highlights somewhere already so here's these

Rofl

I really think this is an interesting player for the Jazz, and an interesting case of SF/PF tweener-ism. 6'9 long-armed Memphis commit, Dedric Lawson. who's got guard skills and forward skills; euro steps in transition, he can pass, he can put the ball on the floor, he's a factor on the o-boards, I like his shooting, ability to run the floor, he's got plenty of finesse to his game. Definitely has the look of a 1st round pick in my eyes.

- highlights almost a yr old.

Josh Pastner will need him to be a major contributor from day 1 for Memphis to regain respectability this year. I was going to post Dedric in 2018. I thought about 2016 as a one and done, which isn't out of the question, He'd have to kill it though.

He's probably best suited as a face-up 4, and I think he's got a chance at really transforming his body to make that happen. I suspect he's grown a bit too since last measured. If he could handle playing SF, i'd like him even more, he's probably slightly bigger than Luol Deng. I'm not sure if Dedric has the lateral quicks to stay with wings on the perimeter though.

Once regarded as a top-20 player in 2016, not too long ago. Dedric re-classfied up a year to enter college the same year as his brother K.J. who's a slightly watered down version of Dedric. (The youngest bro Chandler Is probably the best prospect of the 3). He's now by most services a 4 star recruit somewhere in the 40's of c/o 2015. I just don't get that, and i'm calling BS.

Uh...

Here's a 2017 mock.

1 - Harry Giles 6'10 PF - Undeclared
2 - De'Aaron Fox 6'4 - PG/SG - Undeclared
3 - Josh Jackson 6'7" SG/SF - Undeclared
4 - Jonathan Isaac 6'10" SF - FSU
5 - Wenyen Gabriel 6'9½" SF - Undeclared
6 - Thon Maker 7'1" PF - Undeclared
7 - Frank Ntilikina 6'5" PG - France
8 - Markelle Fultz 6'5" PG/SG - Washington
9 - Malik Monk 6'3½" SG - Undeclared
10 - Isaiah Hartenstein 6'11" PF - Germany
11 - Jayson Tatum 6'8" SF - Duke
12 - Miles Bridges 6'7" SF - Undeclared
13 - Jarrett Allen 6'10" PF - Undeclared
14 - Dennis Smith Jr 6'2" PG - Undeclared
15 - Rawle Alkins 6'4 SG/PG - Undeclared
16 - Terrance Furgeson 6'7" SG - Undeclared
17 - Frank Jackson 6'3" SG/PG - Undeclared
18 - Rodions Kurucs 6'8" SF - Latvia
19 - Bam Adebayo 6'9" PF - Undeclared
20 - Kobi Simmons 6'5" PG/SG - Undeclared
21 - Omer Yurtseven 6'10 PF - Turkey
22 - Isaac Humphries 7' C - Kentucky
23 - Tadas Sedekerskis 6'8" SF - Lithuania
24 - Jalen Brunson 6'1" PG - Villanova
25 - Andrew Jones 6'5" SG/PG - Undeclared
26 - Sacha Killeya-Jones 6'11" - Kentucky
27 - Justin Jackson 6'7" SF - UNLV
28 - Thomas Bryant 6'10" PF - Indiana
29 - Derryck Thornton Jr 6'1" PG - Duke
30 - Ante Zizic 6'11" C - Croatia

Lmfaocopter!!!!!!!!!! One would almost have to try to be worse than this. Well, at least he had Fox 2nd.

damn... Scout did Shamorie Ponds dirty in this latest update. Of the 6' PG's from this class, Ponds, from Brooklyn is easily one of the best. A sweet-shooting---scoring---lefty PG, with the ball on a string. Scout's got him as the 19th best PG in the class, and #79 overall.

He seems to show well vs high-ranked competition every time I watch him, (which is on full display in this video, Thats Duval and Brown trying to guard him at 0;24 and 0;35, the 2 highest ranked PG's in the hs c/o '17). He seemed like the odd man out on those Elite 24 rosters but showed way better than anyone could've expected.

Chris Mullin has made Ponds a top priority, and he's expected to go to St. Johns.

Of the 6-foot PG's I'd have Cassius Winston ranked first, then Shamorie tied for 2nd with Charlie Moore and Alterique Gilbert.

I heard Ponds dropped 45 vs a Mustapha Heron led team at Dyckman park about a week or 2 ago, they said he had Heron(who's a five-star, 6'7" wing) looking foolish.

Ponds. Undrafted.

Deng Gak was actually born in Egypt, he's got Sudanese roots(as you can tell by his name). Not long ago I posted Anas Osama Mahmoud was the best Egyptian prospect I've seen.

Gak should be able to give him a run for his $$$

Because of his name, and how its so similar to many other Sudanese (and now Australian-Sudanese) players. I'm not 100% sure If i've seen or posted about him before, I'm actually pretty sure I have - but can't say for certain... If Deng Gak has brothers who play, I've seen and read about him months ago when he was still in Australia. (I might have mentioned him on a list of up and coming Aussies - there was definetly a Gak or 2 on that list)

Todd Gack is probably more famous than this scrub. But great call.