What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

Okay, so Cy loves Evans. So here’s my question. How does he fit in on a rotational basis? I mean, can he play the 3? Become a starter at the 3?

I’ve made a post about how bad my takes were here. No need to hide. I’ve hit on plenty of players in the past. Cy crushed this thread though for sure.

I wasn't a big Derrick white guy so i don't have much room to talk, but i should have been. Where Grayson's hands went wrong is that White's stats actually were really good. Factor in his excellent size and athleticism, really his only "drawback" was his age. And frankly, that is a stupid drawback that we need to get past.

What do you guys think about Miye Oni out of Yale? He's one of those guys that I could see excelling under the right circumstances - especially under Popovic. I'll definitely be following him next year.

Another player out of a smaller school I didn't get to see much is Dylan Windler from Belmont. Watching his highlights, especially him being a lefty, I can see a Joe Ingles comparison - although Dylan looks to be a lil more athletic, but not as Savvy. It says online his comparisons are Sam Dekker (I don't see it,) Matt Harpring (I don't see it,) and Shane Battier (I don't see it.) Those are all pretty strong and bullheaded players, maybe the kid is pretty tough? I do see a Sam Merrill from Utah State comparison. I hope that kid improves his game and makes it to the NBA.

Speaking of Utah State, Neemias Queta could be a sleeper. I hope he's not the next Erik Mika and goes undrafted and finds himself in Europe. He would have been fun to see another year at Utah State. What a fantastic year they had, especially when they were picked by the MWC coaches to finish 8th.

With the emergence of Boban maybe Tako Fall will get more run than normal? He looked like he could certainly play some minutes in the NBA this year.

Lastly, Daulton Hommes has interested me since his emergence last year. He's athletic, has a high release, and has a smooth and beautiful jump shot. I know the guy had some injuries in high school, plays against d2 comp and came out of no where last year, but he's kept the attention of NBA scouts for a reason. Is he good enough to play in the NBA or did Hayward get him more run than he deserves?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26431194/division-ii-daulton-hommes-declaring-nba-draft?platform=amp

Last edited:
I wasn't a big Derrick white guy so i don't have much room to talk, but i should have been. Where Grayson's hands went wrong is that White's stats actually were really good. Factor in his excellent size and athleticism, really his only "drawback" was his age. And frankly, that is a stupid drawback that we need to get past.

I legit had Derrick White in my mocks 2 months before DX or ESPN or NBAdarft.net... its true.. I used to peg him 60th just cuz i had a good feeling about him TBPH.... mocks that i posted here... Within a month or 2 I said this guy looks like he's definitely a pro...

Even Cy who seems to be getting credited for calling White i'm sure knows this. Unless i deleted the posts there's gotta be loads of evidence. White was legit in my mocks tho. Way early.. I always keep an eye on the colorado guys... I liked burks obviously, but i was HUGE Dinwiddie fan swore up and down he was 1st rd. I like some of their plauyers now, Schwartz and Bey.

What do you guys think about Miye Oni out of Yale? He's one of those guys that I could see excelling under the right circumstances - especially under Popovic. I'll definitely be following him next year.

Another player out of a smaller school I didn't get to see much is Dylan Windler from Belmont. Watching his highlights, especially him being a lefty, I can see a Joe Ingles comparison - although Dylan looks to be a lil more athletic, but not as Savvy. It says online his comparisons are Sam Dekker (I don't see it,) Matt Harpring (I don't see it,) and Shane Battier (I don't see it.) Those are all pretty strong and bullheaded players, maybe the kid is pretty tough? I do see a Sam Merrill from Utah State comparison. I hope that kid improves his game and makes it to the NBA.

Speaking of Utah State, Neemias Queta could be a sleeper. I hope he's not the next Erik Mika and goes undrafted and finds himself in Europe. He would have been fun to see another year at Utah State. What a fantastic year they had, especially when they were picked by the MWC coaches to finish 8th.

With the emergence of Boban maybe Tako Fall will get more run than normal? He looked like he could certainly play some minutes in the NBA this year.

Lastly, Daulton Hommes has interested me since his emergence last year. He's athletic, has a high release, and has a smooth and beautiful jump shot. I know the guy had some injuries in high school, plays against d2 comp and came out of no where last year, but he's kept the attention of NBA scouts for a reason. Is he good enough to play in the NBA or did Hayward get him more run than he deserves?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26431194/division-ii-daulton-hommes-declaring-nba-draft?platform=amp

Oni is better than he showed in the tournament for sure. he is kinda like a crappier version of Kyle Anderson tho tbh, and we'll see if he can keep up at the NBA level.

The Kid Hommes looks like he could be worth taking a flyer on... That J looks nice and clean.

Queta is a player I like. He's got a chance to be the next Ian Mahinmi.

Oni is better than he showed in the tournament for sure. he is kinda like a crappier version of Kyle Anderson tho tbh, and we'll see if he can keep up at the NBA level.

The Kid Hommes looks like he could be worth taking a flyer on... That J looks nice and clean.

Queta is a player I like. He's got a chance to be the next Ian Mahinmi.

Do you think Homme or Queta will be drafted? It's so hard to tell. Teams could potentially still draft who they want and pick these guys up without using picks.

Tako Fail is nothing like Boban.

I disagree. They are both really, really tall human beings. Haha

Yeah, Boban has a complete game and has unique skills. If Sam Bhullar had a chance in the NBA, maybe Tako will to. I wouldn't bet on it, but he played better than a still in the NCAA tournament. He played Zion really well, until Zion decided to put it away at the end.

I usually say "I'm not a doctor" but obviously, Tacko Fall isn't gonna pass inspection from NBA Medical teams...

There are some giants that will surface in the early 2020's that are way better than Tacko.

Do you think Homme or Queta will be drafted? It's so hard to tell. Teams could potentially still draft who they want and pick these guys up without using picks.

Queta's much better than Bolomboy thats for sure, he should be able to gain some momentum at the combine and for team, both would be longterm g-leage projects. bottom of the 45-60th pick range.