What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

@PG_AB

Here's the current list of upcoming UK visits.

8/28 – Kobi Simmons (Official Visit)
9/2 - Marques Bolden (Official Visit)
9/10 - Wenyen Gabriel (In-Home/School Visit)
9/15- Mystery visitor (Unofficial)
9/19 - Kobi Simmons Accouncement (UK, UGA, UNLV, OSU)
9/25 – Wenyen Gabriel (Official Visit)
10/16 – Miles Bridges (Official Visit)
10/16 – Harry Giles (Official Visit)
10/16 -- Sacha Killeya-Jones (Official Visit)

What's your gut feeling?

Gun to my head, it's Duke by a slim margin.
Just googled it and read an article about the odds of teams landing him.... Duke was the leader @ 3-4 odds....... BYU was second with 1-5 odds.

@PG_AB

Here's the current list of upcoming UK visits.

8/28 – Kobi Simmons (Official Visit)
9/2 - Marques Bolden (Official Visit)
9/10 - Wenyen Gabriel (In-Home/School Visit)
9/15- Mystery visitor (Unofficial)
9/19 - Kobi Simmons Accouncement (UK, UGA, UNLV, OSU)
9/25 – Wenyen Gabriel (Official Visit)
10/16 – Miles Bridges (Official Visit)
10/16 – Harry Giles (Official Visit)
10/16 -- Sacha Killeya-Jones (Official Visit)

I hope UK can really gain some momentum with Gabriel on that visit. also SKJ better do some solid recruiting on 10/16.

Any clues/guesses on the mystery visitor? Could it be P.J. Washington (c/o 2017)?

Last edited:
Is he Mormon?
Ya.
My only hope now is that he goes on a mission and changes his mind about duke while on his mission. (Probably 1-100 odds or something)

Ya.
My only hope now is that he goes on a mission and changes his mind about duke while on his mission. (Probably 1-100 odds or something)
Based on what i know, the mission, which was at one time a forgone conclusion, is most likely not going to happen. Hard to blame the kid, but your scenario is really BYU's only chance.

Who's supposed to be starting on the guard line for Duke this year?

Derryck Thornton Jr (PG). and Grayson Allen(SG) I presume. That'd leave them with 2 SG's off the bench in Luke Kennard and Matt Jones though. They also list 6'9" Brandon Ingram as a guard, he should start at SF though.

If Jackson were to play SG between Thornton Jr and Jayson Tatum, both exceptional play-makers, it's hard to believe he wouldn't shoot a very high percentage, even as a top scoring option. Harry Giles at PF would amplify that even more, and he's a No.1 scoring option so he'd make Jackson's job easier on a few levels.

Derryck Thornton Jr (PG). and Grayson Allen(SG) I presume. That'd leave them with 2 SG's off the bench in Luke Kennard and Matt Jones though. They also list 6'9" Brandon Ingram as a guard, he should start at SF though.

If Jackson were to play SG between Thornton Jr and Jayson Tatum, both exceptional play-makers, it's hard to believe he wouldn't shoot a very high percentage, even as a top scoring option. Harry Giles at PF would amplify that even more, and he's a No.1 scoring option so he'd make Jackson's job easier on a few levels.

Ingram is way more likely to play PF under K than he is SG. He will play the 3/4.

Ingram is way more likely to play PF under K than he is SG. He will play the 3/4.

fasho. Their roster composition is quite odd. The traditional bigs are kind of meh for such a high-end operation, and the only real PG was a Jr. in HS last year. Far from your standard Duke squad.

They have a long list of potential X-factors and If Thornton can manage to show well and go 1-and-done, which you'd have to say is unlikely due to his diminutive size (6'1" tall. 6'2" wingspan), then Frank Jackson could be called on to play much more PG in '16/'17(That's if they don't get Dennis Smith Jr. too).

fasho. Their roster composition is quite odd. The traditional bigs are kind of meh for such a high-end operation, and the only real PG was a Jr. in HS last year. Far from your standard Duke squad.

They have a long list of potential X-factors and If Thornton can manage to show well and go 1-and-done, which you'd have to say is unlikely due to his diminutive size (6'1" tall. 6'2" wingspan), then Frank Jackson could be called on to play much more PG in '16/'17(That's if they don't get Dennis Smith Jr. too).

They have a Plumlee, surely they are covered in the big man department.