What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

Even if I'm wrong and Mason doesn't get draft round 1, he's going have a good career in the NBA. Kuzma? He might get 20 mgp in russia 4 years from now.

i've been incarnating on Earth for thousands of years, I came from the SUN

They were laughing at the idea of Kuzma in the first round, tbh.

I don't think he should go in the first-round but DX has him at 31 and they get intel from teams. I'm starting to warm up to him as a prospect. I was being too critical on him especially since we have picks 24 and 30.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

This draft has about 25-28 prospects with a first-round grade depending on who you ask. A few guys are going to sneak into the first round. Still there are just so many bigs, it's more likely that guards and wings get picked.

Mason is 6'0 with a 6'3 wingspan. He's 23 and his stats aren't impressive for being a senior.

Let me politely correct you:

"According to Sports Reference, Mason joined Washington's Markelle Fultz and Northeastern's T.J. Williams as the only players to average at least 20 points, five dimes, four boards and a steal during the 2016-17 season. "

That's not impressive? Only 3 players in all of NCAA

Utah can sit tight and add 4 decent players this year. Fill out the bench with cheap contracts and shuttle guys between the Jazz and the Stars. I'm guessing they'll focus on their front court depth. . . but who knows. Given that they've hit on Hood and Gobert late. . . I'm willing to wait and see who they pick. I'm hoping that somebody shocking slips and they grab that guy regardless of need.

Looks

Like your a bandwagon type fan

I'm an all Texas teams fans, Razorbacks, and Jayhawks fan. Never, never bet against Kansas in college basketball. I still remember that Memphis/Kansas National Championship. People I was with were leaving in the final minutes, I was like "Don't count Kansas out, don't ever count Kansas out!" They all left... then I got tons of texts "woah bro you were right that was amazing!!! In the final minute Memphis blew a big league by missing all their free throws and Kansas rainstorm'd 3s

I think there is something to using the latter half of the season, especially when it's against stronger competition. It's not like it's an arbitrary date. It's usually the opposite, someone has great numbers but people say "But in conference play he really dropped off". And so far the shooting has continued to trend up in his public showings. He shot super well at the combine and he has reportedly impressed with his shooting at workouts, so it's signs of a continual upward trend.

I can't find the link but there was some study done with numbers that the full year sample is more representative than conference play or NCAA play. Again - always pick the bigger sample.

More information > less information.

I can't find the link but there was some study done with numbers that the full year sample is more representative than conference play or NCAA play. Again - always pick the bigger sample.

but but but kuzma hit 5 three pointers in one game of 5 on 5. That should be enough to draft him #1. (dripping with sarcasm)

but but but kuzma hit 5 three pointers in one game of 5 on 5. That should be enough to draft him #1. (dripping with sarcasm)

Well... I mean... I'm higher on Kuzma than most and I like his shooting form, but we need to be honest about it - his shooting is a projection. He can get there, he can be a good shooter, but we cannot use his college career as an indication for it. Just the numbers are not there to support it.

DX lost a little credibility today from me they have us draft 4 guard

Ferguson
White
Hart
Iwundu

They probably don't include fit consideration for all picks yet. Look at their board right before the draft. DX has been notoriously the best mock year after year after year. They are good at it and they have the connections to include insider information in their mocks.

You can look at both. I think he is clearly trending up in shooting.