What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

Fox plays like he expects himself to dominate. He's agressive, confident, explosive. Shoots a legit jump shot. Can pull up in traffic off the bounce. Wants to rip your heart out.

Exum plays like a scared little puppy.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

He also made the smart decision to play a lower level of basketball instead of making the jump from Australian HS ball to the NBA. I think that is what has neutered Exum more than anything.

Intersting note: The lakers own the #2 adn #28 picks but are working out Zach Collins today.

The Lakers can get any player they want in for a work-out, but Collins is mocked in the 7-14 range, not really in the Lakers area unless their is a trade.

final and official version of the trade:

DCs3WAWXYAA1j8D.jpg

Also:

[tweet]876846876598964224[/tweet]

I still think NYC takes Frank. I know they have really strong international scouts who have the trust of Phil (that is how they got Porzingis).

Dallas has been telegraphing the Ntilinkina pick for weeks now. Dallas is either really secure in their belief that Frank Ntilinkina will be available at#9 or are trying desperately to create a smoke screen.

Few quick thoughts.

I like Derrick White. Give me.

I'm mixed on Juwan Evans. He's a backup for sure. That's valuable though. One thing he can do is initiate offense. We don't have anybody other than Hill that can (at the PG position) and our offense struggled bc of it. I think he goes too high. Could get similar results out of Monte Morris.

I'm not that high on Kennard. He can shoot, but I don't see him getting in the lane against NBA athletes. His defense will be real bad. He was bad at Duke, and his size limitations aren't going to help. I mean, best case scenario (which isn't likely) is that he becomes an average team defender and below average individual. No thanks.

Charles Cooke from Dayton is tempting. He's old (23) but he's got a 7'0 wingspan for a 2 guard and shoots 40% from 3. Definite two way player.

I don't like Wes Iwundu at all. Think he's a poor defender.

I want Sterling Brown. Think he'll do very well.

http://www.odetooden.com/home/2017/6/17/kaisers-2017-draft-big-board

^In-depth big board with tiers that rates Charles Cooke as his 14th best prospect^

Not that I agree with it at all, but I enjoy reading contrarian draft thinkers.

Intersting note: The lakers own the #2 adn #28 picks but are working out Zach Collins today.

The Lakers can get any player they want in for a work-out, but Collins is mocked in the 7-14 range, not really in the Lakers area unless their is a trade.

They're trying to acquire another pick and maybe offering D'Angelo or Randle to do it.

Dallas has been telegraphing the Ntilinkina pick for weeks now. Dallas is either really secure in their belief that Frank Ntilinkina will be available at#9 or are trying desperately to create a smoke screen.

I don't think it's a smokescreen.

That was a good read...thanks for the link.

BTW- Jazz had Cooke in for a work out on June 14-DX doesn't even rank him in the top 100.

Yeah, honestly I think these hardcore draft dudes just scour the NCAA for anyone who is athletic, can shoot it a bit, and is long and just overrate them based on the trend of the NBA going wing heavy. The results of a weak wing class is you got people throwing out hot takes to find wing sleepers.

Also think a guy like Kuzma gets undervalued because the rising sentiment seems to be "If the NBA is just going smaller, is there really a need for the "playmaking" 4 when you can just downsize to the more natural perimeter playing 3 playing the 4?" Since Kuzma doesnt have the defensive metrics (bad block and steal rate) that you want out of a guy with his size, I think people are rating him really low. Think his rebounding is being underrated in the process (because while it is good, it's not stand out amazing), and that is what makes him a viable prospect even if his playmaking skills never grow to the point where they are at a plus level.

Here's a replacement for [MENTION=245]Catchall[/MENTION] 's heart after Kurucs dropped out of the draft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFdDjyl0DDs

Serbian G Ognjen Jaramaz might be interesting at 55. He was a standout at the Adidas Eurocamp. #75 on the DX top 100.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5vHHB_KC2o

Serbian G Ognjen Jaramaz might be interesting at 55. He was a standout at the Adidas Eurocamp. #75 on the DX top 100.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5vHHB_KC2o

He looks like the little kid on Hoosiers. Every time he drove the lane i kept expecting him to dribble it off his leg.

Man, Sterling Brown seems like a no-brained 3 & D guy. Great side, good shooter, knows how to play to a role. If Elijah Millsap had a jump shot, he'd be a lot like Brown.

Haha I read that this morning. I love Kaiser. He has some really good takes and I really like the way he views basketball. One of my favorite writers.

He just way overrates wingspan. He honestly has a dude like Luke Nelson at 22 just because he is a combo guard who has a nice wingspan who once outplayed Terry Rozier.