What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

Or as Captain Optimist says: he has athletic ability resembling Derreick Favors.

Yeah, like that DX video pointed out, he has a hunched over movement style and he has already had lower back problems at 19. And he weighs 250. You can't convince me he can be a NBA 4 defensively (or offensively with that globe like rotation he shoots it with).

The latest rendering of the DX mock is starting to look fairly accurate. The difference is that a few teams will likely reach for Ferguson, Evans, Frank Jackson and Ojeleye rather than draft a big. Look for OKC to be one of the teams that reaches for a guard or wing. Also, look for OG Anunoby to still go in the top 15.

I'm on the record trading the farm for Marcus Monk if he falls outside the top 5

Hood is trade bait since he's on a very friendly contract no? Offer Hood plus whatever else they wanted, picks this year, next year, Favors, or keep a 1st and throw in Exum.

Only thing Exum has is speed and length. He's not an elite shooter like Monk

I'm on the record trading the farm for Marcus Monk if he falls outside the top 5

Hood is trade bait since he's on a very friendly contract no? Offer Hood plus whatever else they wanted, picks this year, next year, Favors, or keep a 1st and throw in Exum.

Only thing Exum has is speed and length. He's not an elite shooter like Monk

*Malik

It would make sense in many ways, it'd work because:

1) him and his brother Marcus are already friends with Joe Jesus, he'd take him under his wing
2) we're from small town southern USA, snowy mountains of Utah are change enough for a grand new life
3) he'd be coming to a contender instead of a ****ty team like the Knicks

If this weren't an unusual draft class he could be the consensus #1 prospect, take advantage of this rare situation where he's not even projected to be the first player taken from his team

If this weren't an unusual draft class he could be the consensus #1 prospect, take advantage of this rare situation where he's not even projected to be the first player taken from his team

I see Monk as a 6th man. Reminds me of Jamal Crawford. I think he's one of the safest picks in the class because you know at the very least he should be a solid offensive contributor off the bench. I don't think he'd be #1 in any class though. Limited size, streaky shooter, questionable passing ability and vision, questionable defense.

I see Monk as a 6th man. Reminds me of Jamal Crawford. I think he's one of the safest picks in the class because you know at the very least he should be a solid offensive contributor off the bench. I don't think he'd be #1 in any class though. Limited size, streaky shooter, questionable passing ability and vision, questionable defense.

He can absolutely transition to PG, btw.
When he ran it for UK last year he was unstoppable with the ball in his hands and found the open man.
He scares defenses into mental lapses. He's young and not much about him screams weakness.
If I had to name one it's size... but his vertical is elie and gets off the ground FAST. Couple that with a super high and fast release point and shiftiness and he will be money in year two.

I think I really want Dillon Brooks at 42. Been watching some stuff on him. Love his mean streak and the fact that he exposed Coach K makes me like him more.

To make the deal for Boston even worse - seems like even the SAC pick has a top 1 protection.

Few quick thoughts.

I like Derrick White. Give me.

I'm mixed on Juwan Evans. He's a backup for sure. That's valuable though. One thing he can do is initiate offense. We don't have anybody other than Hill that can (at the PG position) and our offense struggled bc of it. I think he goes too high. Could get similar results out of Monte Morris.

I'm not that high on Kennard. He can shoot, but I don't see him getting in the lane against NBA athletes. His defense will be real bad. He was bad at Duke, and his size limitations aren't going to help. I mean, best case scenario (which isn't likely) is that he becomes an average team defender and below average individual. No thanks.

Charles Cooke from Dayton is tempting. He's old (23) but he's got a 7'0 wingspan for a 2 guard and shoots 40% from 3. Definite two way player.

I don't like Wes Iwundu at all. Think he's a poor defender.

I want Sterling Brown. Think he'll do very well.

I see Monk as a 6th man. Reminds me of Jamal Crawford...should be a solid offensive contributor off the bench. I don't think he'd be #1 in any class though. Limited size, streaky shooter, questionable passing ability and vision, questionable defense.

Yes, yes! Lets spread these rumors!! You're one step ahead SCS playing 3d chess

Fox plays like he expects himself to dominate. He's agressive, confident, explosive. Shoots a legit jump shot. Can pull up in traffic off the bounce. Wants to rip your heart out.

Exum plays like a scared little puppy.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk