What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

lolololololololololol

Bam tying to act like he has a jump shot is cute. Dude is going to bust if he doesnt play to his physical tools. He doesnt have the mindset though.

I didn't expect to say that but... Bam's shot looks promising... I wonder if Cal is to blame for not letting him use it more in games?

I can answer that.
He already has a good shot out to about 20 feet.

He is more comfortable in a face up game than back to the basket.

His handles are decent in face up but suck backing his man down.

Cal had to play Bam under the basket because we had to have rebounds and putbacks... and a paper thin front court.

One other major thing most people don't know.. Cal plays his players so that the NBA drafts on upside. He knew KAT could play well on the perimeter.. same with Cousins.. same with AD. But Cal brings in all the NBA personnel, explains the immense upside, and proceeds to explain why the team NEEDS them to play the way they are.

And Cal explains all this to the recruit before they sign. There's no doubt he is king of maximizing draft stock.

Back to Bam. My opinion is he takes a while. He's a great athlete but not fast twitch. He'll get his shot swatted a ton the first couple years. Best bet is to draft him as a stretch 4 and cultivate him as such. He should be very good by end of rookie contract.

And don't listen to Cy about Kentucky players.
His hatred and jealousy runs deep.

And I know them by far the best and am 90% critical... whereas Cy is 110%.

I can answer that.

Cal had to play Bam under the basket because we had to have rebounds and putbacks... and a paper thin front court.

One other major thing most people don't know.. Cal plays his players so that the NBA drafts on upside. He knew KAT could play well on the perimeter.. same with Cousins.. same with AD. But Cal brings in all the NBA personnel, explains the immense upside, and proceeds to explain why the team NEEDS them to play the way they are.

And Cal explains all this to the recruit before they sign. There's no doubt he is king of maximizing draft stock.

Back to Bam. My opinion is he takes a while. He's a great athlete but not fast twitch. He'll get his shot swatted a ton the first couple years. Best bet is to draft him as a stretch 4 and cultivate him as such. He should be very good by end of rookie contract.
Good take me jones

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

I can answer that.

If this really happens Bam at 24 would be a stunning success. He could fill out need to have a backup center and eventually be a starter at the 4.

I am a huge fan of Isaiah hartenstein and he would be a nice draft this late in the first.

He is a project and is probably a year or 2 away but he has some nice tools

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

Hartenstein actually has elite physical tools, and he's still very young. He can't possibly end up worse than Kelly Olynyk can he? I go back and forth on it.

Hartenstein actually has elite physical tools, and he's still very young. He can't possibly end up worse than Kelly Olynyk can he? I go back and forth on it.

Elite physical tools? He has a 7'2 wingspan for a center w/ a 9'1 standing reach. That's extremely average. He isn't a PF and anyone who has subscribed to that from the early hype for him around here is sorely mistaken.