What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

As of right now they are not even cashing in their chips - they are breaking them into smaller and worse pieces. I assumed the best case scenario for them - i.e. they manage to acquire a Butler/PG13, they sign Hayward... and they still are not good enough now to compete with GSW, only they've sacrificed their best future asset for it.

And if they don't manage to strike a deal for Butler and/or don't get Hayward, they've sacrificed their best future asset for nothing... and all their small assets start depreciating in value, because they sit on the bench behind non-star vets(Bradley, Crowder, Olynyk).

Not only that, but you made trading for Butler more difficult. Yeah, Chicago, we could have just given you the #1 pick, but how about #3 and these other picks tied into a bunch of "what ifs" that could end up like a #8 in a weaker draft. Oh, and we just set up Philly ro be better than both of us.

Not only that, but you made trading for Butler more difficult. Yeah, Chicago, we could have just given you the #1 pick, but how about #3 and these other picks tied into a bunch of "what ifs" that could end up like a #8 in a weaker draft. Oh, and we just set up Philly ro be better than both of us.

Chicago might have told them they want multiple good assets(instead of 1 great one), but right now we don't really know if that's the case.

Chicago might have told them they want multiple good assets(instead of 1 great one), but right now we don't really know if that's the case.

Or maybe they dont want Butler at all and are targeting someone much bigger, like Anthony Davis. The Pelicans miss the playoffs again this year and can't re-sign Cousins (and fail on Holiday this year) then maybe the Pelicans are ready to deal Davis if they can get a ton of picks from Boston.

Or maybe they dont want Butler at all and are targeting someone much bigger, like Anthony Davis. The Pelicans miss the playoffs again this year and can't re-sign Cousins (and fail on Holiday this year) then maybe the Pelicans are ready to deal Davis if they can get a ton of picks from Boston.

I can't see this happening(them wanting to trade AD) and even if they wanted to do it, I'd still prefer Fultz + X future assets than LAL/SAC pick + X future assets.

I don't know...

Got to remember, Fultz hasnt played 1 game in the NBA

Turning that into Butler is the better choice if they do so. And they already have one of the best point guards playing.

Only lillard and IT kicked our *** ugly last year that I can remember

Edit: and westbrook

I can't see this happening(them wanting to trade AD) and even if they wanted to do it, I'd still prefer Fultz + X future assets than LAL/SAC pick + X future assets.

I don't know...

Uhh, the draft hits and Brooklyn gets the 1st pick and LAL gets the 2nd pick then Boston has the 1st and 2nd pick in the strongest top 3 draft sine Lebron/Wade/Bosh. Boston is rolling the dice.

Uhh, the draft hits and Brooklyn gets the 1st pick and LAL gets the 2nd pick then Boston has the 1st and 2nd pick in the strongest top 3 draft sine Lebron/Wade/Bosh. Boston is rolling the dice.

BKN pick falls out of top 3, LAL get just a tiny bit better and get pick no. 6, Skal becomes the new superstar of the league and him along with the rookies they get this year and Buddy become the new exciting team of the west and their pick falls at no.10....

Boston just traded Fultz for no. 3 and no. 10 in 2019...

Those are pointless hypotheticals. Boston does have pretty good future assets and they might turn into stars in the future. None of them is as good as no. 1 this year.

Except ALWAYS take the possibility of a GREAT player over several GOOD ones.

I didn't expect to say that but... Bam's shot looks promising... I wonder if Cal is to blame for not letting him use it more in games?

Bam was made for the pick-and-roll. He can pop and pass a bit too. He can also guard the puck-and-roll at an elite level. His jumper went out to 18 feet. The 3-pt range is new, but he's got good elevation and a decent release.