What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

I'd rather have Lydon at 24 than Kennard at 12 or so plus whatever it cost to move up. I think Kennard is the obvious target if you move up for a shooter and I am really not a big fan. There is stuff to like but I worry about his length and athleticism at the next level.

This is why we have Lyles instead of Booker though. If we move up high enough that we have a choice of Mitchel or Kennard, I can see us taking Mitchel. Other than that, I'd hate to get Bookered again.

I'd bet 1,000,000 Monk goes higher than #11

If he falls past #4 lookout for a breaking trade with someone moving in to snatch him, Monk, Mason, Kennard, Ball are the next generation of lights out 3 point shooters

Last edited by a moderator:
if monk slides the Jazz had better be ready to move up and grab him. He is 11 on chad fords current mock.

He's been 11 on my mock for a while. If he doesn't go at 6 he could slide. Minny has Lavine, New York and Dallas both seem more interested in Ntilikina if they go with a guard, Sac has Hield and they probably take Fox at 5 so I don't think Monk would be the choice at 10 (You never know with Sacramento tho).

Current mock
1. 76ers- Fultz
2. Lakers- Ball
3. Celtics- Tatum
4. Suns- Jackson
5. Kings- Fox
6. Magic- Smith Jr
7. Wolves- Z Collins
8. Knicks- Ntilikina
9. Mavs- Isaac
10. Kings- Markkanen
11. Hornets- Monk
12. Pistons- Mitchell

He's been 11 on my mock for a while. If he doesn't go at 6 he could slide. Minny has Lavine, New York and Dallas both seem more interested in Ntilikina if they go with a guard, Sac has Hield and they probably take Fox at 5 so I don't think Monk would be the choice at 10 (You never know with Sacramento tho).

Current mock
1. 76ers- Fultz
2. Lakers- Ball
3. Celtics- Tatum
4. Suns- Jackson
5. Kings- Fox
6. Magic- Smith Jr
7. Wolves- Z Collins
8. Knicks- Ntilikina
9. Mavs- Isaac
10. Kings- Markkanen
11. Hornets- Monk
12. Pistons- Mitchell

Enter it into the mock draft contest.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

DX has us taking
24- Pasecniks
30- Bradley
42- Motley
55- Abalde

3 centers? I thought they were accurate with mocks?

Does anybody know what is going on with Ike Anigbogu's draft stock right now? He was consistently top 20 in mocks and now I see him in the second round a lot. DX dropped him to 25.

Abalde would be a great pick at 55 for draft and stash. Had solid production in the ACB at age 21. The rest of that draft sucks.

Also i don't think DX has ever claimed pin point accuracy. I think they trumpet their superior info, homework and general accuracy.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Does anybody know what is going on with Ike Anigbogu's draft stock right now? He was consistently top 20 in mocks and now I see him in the second round a lot. DX dropped him to 25.

It's a numbers game. There are just too many bigs. Patton, Allen, Anigbogu, Bam, Bradley, Swanigan, Hartenstein, etc. etc. They all have strengths and weaknesses and some of them have to fall into the mid-late 20s.

He's not NBA ready, just has elite wingspan. All potential, didn't even play much at UCLA

DX now projecting Lydon at #21, with Wilson up to #19.

Players dropping on DX: Leaf(20), OG(23), Anigbogu(25), Giles(26), Ferguson(29)