What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

I'm actually more concerned that he's only around 185 lbs. for a 2-guard. That's Zach Lavine territory and would seem to hurt him defensively. He can fill out and add strength though. Yeah, would be huge for him if he can add an inch or two.

His last documented weigh in was 197.....

Best thing about Lonzo Ball is that him being there limits how much Bryce Alford has the basketball.

He's shooting almost 50% from 3 with that crazy stroke on 5.3 attempts per game. His shot does sorta remind me of Kevin Martin's doesn't bring the ball across his whole body like that tho..

No PG was more impressive this weekend than Dennis Smith Jr IMO. Flashes of CP3.

Alpha Kaba is trending upwards too. putting up like 13 and 8rebs in his last few games. He could end up in the first rd if he starts to heat up from 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiOG1TcFVE

DX has 6 giants (7'2" or above) on their mocks for the next 2 drafts, is it excessive for the Jazz to go after a player like that?

Jeanne(who's a PF), Okouo and Pasecniks in 2017. Dos Anjos, Fall, Hass in 2018.

I'm not buying Harry Giles falling to 13... The report last week is he was doing 360 dunks in warmups.

It's obviously injury related, and I certainty don't have any insider details.. That just seems a bit of an overreaction.

I'd imagine if there's a red-flag it's because of his first knee injury in HS. I tend to believe the reports about his latest knee injury being healed/stronger than before.

Last edited:
UK's freshmen are just so good. Monk's offensive game is advanced as any wing i've seen in the last few years.

Bam will be better in the NBA than college, but he'll continue to get better and be a pretty damn good college player too.

Fox gets his shot going, watch out. Some weird cross between Rondo and Wall.

Gabriel may have to wait until next year to show his stuff - if he can beat out the new crop Cal brings in - but his length and athleticism, if he can show some production, may just be enough to sell NBA GMs.

Crazy to think #1 was a McD's AA and can barely crack the rotation.

This UK team has about as good a mix of stud freshmen and vets who can contribute valuable minutes, the usual length and athleticism and shooting as any UK team since Cal has been there. Not saying they are the best, but they may be the most balanced. Scary.

UK's freshmen are just so good. Monk's offensive game is advanced as any wing i've seen in the last few years.

Bam will be better in the NBA than college, but he'll continue to get better and be a pretty damn good college player too.

Fox gets his shot going, watch out. Some weird cross between Rondo and Wall.

Gabriel may have to wait until next year to show his stuff - if he can beat out the new crop Cal brings in - but his length and athleticism, if he can show some production, may just be enough to sell NBA GMs.

Crazy to think #1 was a McD's AA and can barely crack the rotation.

This UK team has about as good a mix of stud freshmen and vets who can contribute valuable minutes, the usual length and athleticism and shooting as any UK team since Cal has been there. Not saying they are the best, but they may be the most balanced. Scary.

Sportscenter #1
[video=youtube_share;FQy5zfdEWr0]https://youtu.be/FQy5zfdEWr0

So with Monk being projected top-5 there's kind of an elephant comparison in the room and thats Russell Westbrook.. There's certainly some parallels..

So with Monk being projected top-5 there's kind of an elephant comparison in the room and thats Russell Westbrook.. There's certainly some parallels..

This is the most fun team to watch I've seen in years. I don't think we had a single sloppy/lazy play until we were up 45.
And time of possession is down to around 12 seconds.

This is the most fun team to watch I've seen in years. I don't think we had a single sloppy/lazy play until we were up 45.
And time of possession is down to around 12 seconds.

Yup, their blitzing these lesser teams. Team was well crafted. Fox is really the key though, he sets the tone.

Despite the drop on the mocks I believe Harry Giles is very close to 100% healthy right now and could easily play. Duke's being overly cautious with him.

Despite the drop on the mocks I believe Harry Giles is very close to 100% healthy right now and could easily play. Duke's being overly cautious with him.

It's less about Duke being cautious and more about his entourage encouraging him to sit the year out to avoid any further injury. (At least that's the word I've heard.)

My guess is he gets antsy (like a winner normally would) and enters the lineup early January.

I mean before it's conference play time, it means very little what happens in the NCAA, but against unprepared lesser competition Fultz looks like a very special playmaker.

It's less about Duke being cautious and more about his entourage encouraging him to sit the year out to avoid any further injury. (At least that's the word I've heard.)

My guess is he gets antsy (like a winner normally would) and enters the lineup early January.

Forgot what the initial recovery estimates were but January is way after, I'm almost certain it was just a few weeks into the season, just past the Kansas matchup..

I knocked Giles out of the #1 spot after the injury but if the word is January I can see why DX dropped him, not that far but still..

I was hoping he just missed a handful of games and then came back healthy for 20+ games, which is looking less likely by the day. That'd have been ideal for him to land in the top-3.

I mean before it's conference play time, it means very little what happens in the NCAA, but against unprepared lesser competition Fultz looks like a very special playmaker.

Fultz is the real deal, he'd be dynamic in any NBA system. He's got the ball on a string, keeps his head up, dynamite 1st step combined with unreal stop/start ability - it's a deadly combination.

If he lands on the Mavericks I really like his ROY chances.