What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Tore his meniscus and had surgery on it last spring, main reason he was eased into the season off the bench.

Good shooter? Walker is a passable shooter, if he's a good shooter than almost any guard in the draft is a good shooter (minus Duval/Diallo, lol). He could become a good shooter, but he's not there yet.

I certainly agree he's big and strong (looks like mini-Butler physically).

So in comparison to Shamet/Milton he's stronger/more explosive (significantly so over Shamet, closer for Milton) and far younger (19.3 vs 20.11 vs 21.5). Maybe a bit better defender, but the other two certainly get after it as well. The other two are even ever so slightly longer, more skilled/experienced ballhandlers/distributors, and clearly better shooters. I'm not seeing the huge edge for Walker here that everyone seems to have.

I mean, he has high level potential. Shamet/Milton don't. I dont know if either of those players can create their own shot in the NBA (I'd have more faith in Shamet over Milton). They might have better percentages, but I think Walker's shot looks much better (and one of the top 5 looking shots in the draft tbh). He really has the entire package. There isnt a lot he can't do.

Miles Bridges is all over the draft boards he could be a steal but I dont think he will fall out of the lottery

I like him. I think he'll have a solid career. He has the right combination of explosiveness, shooting touch and strength. He can develop his game in a lot of ways. Caron Butler potential, maybe better, if he'll work a bit.

I'd feel differently about Bruce Brown if he were 6'5" or 6'6". At 6'3", he pretty much has to be Reggie Jackson of the Pistons. I don't like the fit with the Jazz. He's probably a bench player.

Jared Vanderbilt has great measurables, can play some PG, and really goes hard to the boards. I wonder why he hasn't shot a 3 this year. He needs to show that he can shoot.

Troy Brown was highly touted coming out of high school. He was a 6'6" PG, Team USA guy and 5-star recruit. I think he's got more game and more IQ than he's showing at Oregon. He's put a string of good games together in the past couple of weeks. He's just not super explosive. Would be awesome if he could get to 6'8". I'd take Brown for sure over Rawle Alkins at Arizona as a big wing, and I'd take him ahead of Bruce Brown.

I have to say, I'm intrigued by this Issac Bonga. The physical tools are really there. He's growing into his body. He's always played PG, which means he has good hands and timing with the ball. Bonga has as much upside as anyone outside the top 18 picks or so.

These guys like him too....fwiw...

I mean, he has high level potential. Shamet/Milton don't. I dont know if either of those players can create their own shot in the NBA (I'd have more faith in Shamet over Milton). They might have better percentages, but I think Walker's shot looks much better (and one of the top 5 looking shots in the draft tbh). He really has the entire package. There isnt a lot he can't do.

If there's nothing notably wrong with a release I don't feel it's good idea to get into preferring how one looks over another when the other goes in a significantly higher percentage of the time.

If there's nothing notably wrong with a release I don't feel it's good idea to get into preferring how one looks over another when the other goes in a significantly higher percentage of the time.
I think that's pretty silly considering the small sample sizes that go into college 3pt shooting stats.

I think that's pretty silly considering the small sample sizes that go into college 3pt shooting stats.

If there wasn't multiple years for Shamet/Milton, it was just better %'s from 3pt land and not all over the floor jump shooting, if Walker wasn't showing less range on his 3-ball than the others, and Walker had been a better shooter in high school than now, maybe then I'd agree.

Troy Brown was highly touted coming out of high school. He was a 6'6" PG, Team USA guy and 5-star recruit. I think he's got more game and more IQ than he's showing at Oregon. He's put a string of good games together in the past couple of weeks. He's just not super explosive. Would be awesome if he could get to 6'8". I'd take Brown for sure over Rawle Alkins at Arizona as a big wing, and I'd take him ahead of Bruce Brown.

For some kids this is why they struggle some at the NCAA level. they are use to have the ball in their hands and now they are playing off the ball.

I'd feel differently about Bruce Brown if he were 6'5" or 6'6". At 6'3", he pretty much has to be Reggie Jackson of the Pistons. I don't like the fit with the Jazz. He's probably a bench player.

Measurements are going to be huge for Bruce Brown that ans showing this year was the fluke on his shooting not his freshman year.

I've been very unimpressed with Mikal Bridges' skill-level lately. I kind of am thinking with getting Crowder and moving on from Hood, we need more playmaking and offensive firepower. I've never been a fan of need-based drafting but if they are in the same range/tier I think I would prefer Miles.

I've been very unimpressed with Mikal Bridges' skill-level lately. I kind of am thinking with getting Crowder and moving on from Hood, we need more playmaking and offensive firepower. I've never been a fan of need-based drafting but if they are in the same range/tier I think I would prefer Miles.

I still prefer Mikal but the gap has closed considerably.

What age did Bamba start playing basketball? Did he grow late in his teens or has he always been huge?

Mikal's game could develop at the next level, but if it doesn't he's basically Trevor Ariza, or a better shooting version of Thabo. A nice 3/D wing.

Miles could be a 20-pt scorer. He can do just about everything offensively.

Knox has a high ceiling due to his length, but Miles is probably a safer pick.

Yeah, I'm a huge Miles Bridges fan and would certainly take him over Mikal. I think he'll be an excellent wing player in the era of "positionless" basketball. He's an exceptional athlete and very skilled.